Author Topic: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues  (Read 104878 times)

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
Re: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues
« Reply #800 on: December 23, 2018, 10:47:15 pm »

There is nothing wrong with pointing out the quirks of the 121GW, only fanboys have a problem with this.

When it was known 11 months ago repeating it yet AGAIN serves what purpose apart from you knowing you are 'keeping up the fight'? Bring a solution to it instead of repeating what is known.

As you clearly don't know what a fanboy is and as English may not be your first language here is a link https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Fanboy I would welcome you to point out where I have not been 'objective' about the 121GW or fall into other parts of the general definition? Trying to use it as a put down to those with a more reasonable and balanced view is what I would expect in the schoolyard not an engineering forum.

Clearly I am a Fanboy Jan 10th http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-121gw-multimeter-issues/msg1396270/#msg1396270
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:13:17 pm by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order :)

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #801 on: December 23, 2018, 11:13:50 pm »
Hi,

You are a very good examble how not to discuss technical issues....

And by the way: The 121GW is not my design, neither the hardware nor the firmware. So I (and others) only can point out some issues, but not solve it.
But we also can solve it this way: Close the three 121GW related subjects, no discussion, no problems. Better now?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 11:22:01 pm by chronos42 »

The following users thanked this post: bc888

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #802 on: December 23, 2018, 11:31:14 pm »
So repeated pointing out some issues again and again and again is discussing 'technical issues' :-DD

You have not offered any 'solutions' (very different to discussions) as far as I can see to any of the life ending issues you clearly have with the meter but show me if you have I would be interested to read these technical remedies you have offered?

Offline chronos42

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #803 on: December 23, 2018, 11:46:28 pm »
Hi,

Where did I repeat pointing out the same issue again and again?
What did you not understand in this sentence: "The 121GW is not my design, neither the hardware nor the firmware. So I (and others) only can point out some issues, but not solve it."

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #804 on: December 24, 2018, 12:04:25 am »
Hi,

beside of the unacceptable slow autorange in ohms mode there is another issue in this mode.

That is the point! The 121GW has the most powerful processor in its class but is as slow as a 20 Euro multimeter with autoranging.

Only twice in the last week but as this is your issue to keep flogging go ahead I guess the Aliens on the dark side of the moon may not have heard you yet ::)

Taking a quick look at a few of your posts in this thread you purchased your meter in August knowing full well of the auto range speed and yet you keep raising it as life ending? Why did you buy it if you were going to be so effected by it?

You seem to have played with several things broken them and fixed them and had more problems than any one else at a rate of several problems per post. It is a strange thing but those of us who are happy and have left our meters relatively alone have far less issues. Is there a tip there for others?

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #805 on: December 24, 2018, 01:48:31 am »

You are a very good examble how not to discuss technical issues....

Rather than claiming someone else is as an "examble" - show what you are as an example to emulate.  You didn't.  If you believe you have a good point, make it with clear methods and actual numbers.  Reference the specifications you believe it doesn't meet or reference a use case that this meter doesn't meet and another does.   If nobody cares about your issue - don't repeat it.  People will still not care and you will appear tedious and annoying.

Be an example yourself.  The rest of us can decide which exemplar is the one we wish to emulate. 

Offline AlanS

• Supporter
« Reply #806 on: December 31, 2018, 05:35:14 pm »
Has anyone seen an error message 5d.E03? It appears to be an data logging error code.

It occurs when I start data logging to an internal SD Card. After pressing MEM to start the logging, it starts and then fails with the above message. I have used data logging to the card multiple times and this error only occurred today. I am using the current firmware - and couldn't find any reference to this message on the forum.

BTW - where do we find out what the other error codes are?

Good product for my purposes.

Offline barjammar

• Contributor
  • I need to know more about this stuff ...
Re: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues: Activate Bluetooth on Meter??
« Reply #807 on: January 09, 2019, 03:33:32 pm »
Hi, I may have missed it but is there an instruction on how to use the Bluetooth “activate Bluetooth on the meter” as I can’t see the meter on my iPhone or in the app.
Many Thanks.
Barry

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
Re: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues: Activate Bluetooth on Meter??
« Reply #808 on: January 09, 2019, 11:13:04 pm »
Hi, I may have missed it but is there an instruction on how to use the Bluetooth “activate Bluetooth on the meter” as I can’t see the meter on my iPhone or in the app.
Many Thanks.
Barry

Yes, it is in the manual.  Page 53 as follows:

To enable Bluetooth communications, hold the “1ms PEAK” button until BT is displayed on the LCD.
Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on the host device before running the application on the remote computing device.
The multimeter will continue to functional as normal in Bluetooth mode, but the display data will be transmitted via the Bluetooth connection.
To disable Bluetooth mode press and hold the 1ms Peak button until BT is not displayed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf