Author Topic: Elecom function generator 8016d(can't delete, moved this post to Repair forum)  (Read 1905 times)

Offline gigauserTopic starter

(At first I tried this post in Beginners forum but it didn't work with pics attached)

Hi I am new guy in this forum and newbie in EE :) I started EE now at my 50 as a hobby and new career. I have self studied several weeks now and bought several tools including fluke175 dmm used at first and then rigol dso 1054z.

Recently I found an old guy(20 or more older than me) selling this generator and Iwatsu analogue scope ss7611+4probes on a local used site. I paid the former EE guy 160k KRW(about 130 USD) and carried them 2hours back home.

Yesterday I checked the scope most fine and today I checked 8016d. Its most basic functions are working but its "-20dB" button and "offset" knob doesn't make change anything. So I did this EEVblog site does and post my first post on it ;D

You can see in my photos the leakage stains on two 1000 uF and one 4700 uF capacitors' place. I desoldered them from PCB.

I am still studying basice EE, so I am not sure whether replacing them with the new ones will repair the issues.
I checked the caps with my fluke175. Two 1000uF read as 1113uF and 1118uF, 4700uF reads as 5092uF. Do these result mean the two 1000uF caps are resuable even though they have stains leaked and 4700uF is not good?

Anyway I am going to buy the new capacitors with the same size and solder them on the PCB to see any difference. Please recommend me better caps and advise me anything to help my repairing this generator. :-BROKE

Thanks.

DH.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:54:59 am by gigauser »

Offline gigauserTopic starter

Re: Elecom function generator gfg 8016d teardown
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2015, 12:52:43 am »
How can I delete this post from this forum? I reposted it on Repair forum, so I don't need this redundance.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf