Author Topic: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator  (Read 556021 times)

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
Re: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator
« Reply #1675 on: September 24, 2018, 10:11:34 am »
Hi TheilJ ,

Didnt hear about that fault before , could be an issue with the Stm32 . You could try controling the signal board directly with a ch340 usb dongle as detailed earlier in this topic , and check your main board is still good . Also in the newest software from Feeltech contains a firmware upgrade option via USb ,maybe that might overwrite some corrupted part of the memory in your machine, definately worth a try .

I was sent a free FY6800 due to my contributions here ,  it arrived via fe-ex ,no import duty was collected at the time of delivery , later I was sent a letter by Fedex demanding the import duty for the machine ,ive refused to pay, they waved their fee ,but they still want the basic of duty payable to customs and revenue on my behalf  , now they threaten with legal action . I contacted Feeltech ,explained the situation ,got a reply, but heard no more from them after  :(

Win loose or draw the debt is in my name , it looks like debt collectors will be sent on Fedex's behalf if I dont stump up the cash ,Only way I could get out of paying is if I surrender the item and it becomes property of Customs and excise or choose to mount a legal defense of the situation. I wonder can I settle the cost directly with Customs and excise  and allow Fed-ex(torsion) to recover their own funds  ;D
I still do think its Feeltech is liable for the import duty ,Ive tried to explain the situation to them in simple language ,but Im not sure they care  :=\

Offline bugi

• Regular Contributor
  • Hobbyist using the ultra slow and unsure method
« Reply #1676 on: September 24, 2018, 01:52:52 pm »
About the taxes and customs for gift, and with caveat of not being a lawyer, but with my limited knowledge on how the processes and regulations typically go in EU...

If the carrier has already paid the customs fees & VAT to customs (i.e. government), they can not any more let you handle it by yourself with the customs (in the customs eyes, all is good already, the trouble is now between you and carrier company). If they have already agreed to drop their extra fee for the process (as they should if they didn't ask your permission beforehand), then all you have left to pay is what the government wants (and is also partially regulated by EU directives). Note that the tax/customs is based on the usual value of the product when the declared price is not reasonable (in this case free); again government/EU regulation, not dictated by the carrier company.

It is, AFAIK, quite common for non-EU country companies/organizations to send gifts as "receiver is responsible for any fees, customs, taxes, etc."; the company only wants to send the item, and not send any money or do other paperwork. For example, it is quite common for certain type and level of sport people to refuse their winning items (e.g. cars, not the medals), because even if they are free/gift, the taxes would be higher than what they could afford to pay :P  (Much better for them to receive just simple money; government can take their tax from that winning money.)

Feeltech might indeed not care. Sort of "we sent you an item for no payment to us, pay the taxes and customs if you want it, or let customs have it, choice is now yours".

For only customs and fees cost, that would be one very cheap device (even if not fully free).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 08:06:15 am by bugi »

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1677 on: September 24, 2018, 02:15:15 pm »
Thanks for clairifying that for me Bugi ,
I was coming to the realisation the buck stopped with me ,and either way Im stuck with the charge . :horse: ;
I was expecting  for Feeltech to cover any costs associated ,which I think is only fair really ,looks unlikely at this stage though.
Maybe the next package Fed-ex delivers I can produce the invoice and pay them on the spot in cash. :D

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #1678 on: September 24, 2018, 05:21:02 pm »
Hi TheilJ ,

Didnt hear about that fault before , could be an issue with the Stm32 . You could try controling the signal board directly with a ch340 usb dongle as detailed earlier in this topic , and check your main board is still good . Also in the newest software from Feeltech contains a firmware upgrade option via USb ,maybe that might overwrite some corrupted part of the memory in your machine, definately worth a try .

I was sent a free FY6800 due to my contributions here ,  it arrived via fe-ex ,no import duty was collected at the time of delivery , later I was sent a letter by Fedex demanding the import duty for the machine ,ive refused to pay, they waved their fee ,but they still want the basic of duty payable to customs and revenue on my behalf  , now they threaten with legal action . I contacted Feeltech ,explained the situation ,got a reply, but heard no more from them after  :(

Win loose or draw the debt is in my name , it looks like debt collectors will be sent on Fedex's behalf if I dont stump up the cash ,Only way I could get out of paying is if I surrender the item and it becomes property of Customs and excise or choose to mount a legal defense of the situation. I wonder can I settle the cost directly with Customs and excise  and allow Fed-ex(torsion) to recover their own funds  ;D
I still do think its Feeltech is liable for the import duty ,Ive tried to explain the situation to them in simple language ,but Im not sure they care  :=\
FedEx is correct and you owe them the duties. As a large company they also have a lot of experience with getting unwilling people to part with their money. You won't win and it'll be a major headache. Just pay.

Do I understand correctly that you're complaining about getting a device for free and having to pay some duties? Or was the device a replacement for a faulty one?

Offline thielj

« Reply #1679 on: September 25, 2018, 01:43:26 pm »
Didnt hear about that fault before , could be an issue with the Stm32 . You could try controling the signal board directly
The main board and front panel buttons work, it's just that the display stays blank (white). I suppose it maybe a connection issues or faulty display. Is there a schematic for the front panel / display connection somewhere?

I was sent a free FY6800 due to my contributions here ,  it arrived via fe-ex ,no import duty was collected at the time of delivery , later I was sent a letter by Fedex demanding the import duty for the machine ,ive refused to pay, they waved their fee ,but they still want the basic of duty payable to customs and revenue on my behalf

You would need to check the rules for commercial samples applying to your country. You're probably responsible for items you import, so think twice; if paying customs and VAT isn't worth it, you always have the option to return the item; or hand it back to FedEx, as they have paid before letting you inspect it (which is, as far as I know, against the rules).

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1680 on: September 25, 2018, 07:37:19 pm »
All the schematics are here , along with other information about mods etc .

https://github.com/DerKammi/FY6600-15-30-50-60M

find schematics in 'hardware' section.

Check the soldered ribbon between the front board and the screen ,could be an issue there .

Offline svetlov

• Contributor
« Reply #1681 on: September 27, 2018, 08:41:02 am »
Hello Dear Friends! there is a small video  :) model 6800

The following users thanked this post: bdivi, yo0, Heszu

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1682 on: September 27, 2018, 11:56:52 am »
Hi Svetlov,

I watched your video ,unfortunately my Russian language skills arent good ,so I didnt understand much .
I noticed you improved the psu caps , and later in the video you seemed to be adjusting the calibration ,
Did you find anything interesting ,or ways to improve accuracy ?

Offline svetlov

• Contributor
« Reply #1683 on: October 01, 2018, 09:06:43 am »
hi dear :) soundtec :) ! sorry for the delay in response  - this is not my video
 the author of the video says - after replacing the capacitors - significantly reduced voltage ripple but regular chokes severely limit the current to 5 volt power bus-and in his opinion require replacement-would need Chokes are more powerful, rated for a larger current
 -but he himself in the future intends to replace the switching power supply to a linear
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 10:02:58 am by svetlov »

The following users thanked this post: yo0

Offline cpposteve

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1684 on: October 05, 2018, 10:55:38 pm »
Hi all. Very late to the party here. So late everyone’s probably gone home 🤔. Anyway. I bought one of these nearly a year ago. Used it a few time for say half hour. Put it away and forgot about it until now (10 months on)
I today took it out of the box. Powered it up and to my horror nothing on the screen or front panel all together. I get the couple clicks on power up but nothing on the front end. Checked psu voltages and both 5v are spot on. -12 is -13.1 and 12v is 13.1v. Any help would be very helpful. I was following this thread up until 8 months ago and seems a lot of trawling through. Cheers.

Steve

Offline svetlov

• Contributor
« Reply #1685 on: October 07, 2018, 10:41:07 am »
the continuation of the story Replacing the power supply  :)

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1686 on: October 07, 2018, 09:14:49 pm »
That was interesting , I liked the 'hard wire' regulator approach , fast, simple and rugged .
10/10 for for a really fast upgrade to the Fy6600 , no Pc boards just point to point , a couple of nylon p clips to secure the capacitors to deck would have been the icing on the cake , but epoxy probably does as good  .\subtitles would be great

Offline svetlov

• Contributor
« Reply #1687 on: October 08, 2018, 09:17:32 pm »
after changing the switching power supply to the linear one, the voltage ripple was significantly reduced  up to 3 millivolts approximately
square wave noticeably improved
The author of this video is delighted with the fact that when using linear voltage regulators to power the generator, the waveform noticeably improved
but in this generator at some frequencies the jitter is noticeable
in the next video, he plans and tries to get rid of jitter ::)

for the model 6800 generators released a new firmware 1.7
I have already changed the version of the firmware of my generator :)

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1688 on: October 09, 2018, 02:05:05 am »
Thanks for the English-language summary, svetlov. :-+
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Online yo0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1689 on: October 15, 2018, 01:13:28 am »
Hello Dear Friends! there is a small video  :) model 6800

very interesting, thank you!. by the way wich version of firmware come from factory? it is upgradable? i ask because i plan to buy a fy6800 and appears kkmoon is cheap than feeltech (feelelec), feltech seems to have  firmware 1.6 maybe upgradable to 1.7. thats the reason to know kkmoon version of firmware.

thank you in advance.

best regards

Pio
« Last Edit: October 15, 2018, 01:15:52 am by yo0 »

Offline ArsenioDev

• Regular Contributor
    • DiscountMissiles: my portfolio and landing page
« Reply #1690 on: October 15, 2018, 08:30:27 pm »
Hmmmm I might try my hand at making a nice open source linear drop in power supply module circuit board.

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1691 on: October 16, 2018, 12:47:11 am »
Hi Pio,

The KKMoon and Feeltech versions are the same product, except for the badge on the front.  The mainboard is marked 'Feeltech' in both units.  Firmware in both models on sale is probably still at 1.6 at the moment, but the latest models from the factory may already be at 1.7.  Updating from 1.6 to 1.7 is quick and simple - the KKMoon model connects to the Feeltech server and the update process is automatic once you start it via the control software.

Regards,
Dave

Offline leftcliq

« Reply #1692 on: October 19, 2018, 01:50:24 am »
Hi,

Great forum.

I know this will be a newb question but I am having a hard time changing the frequency units on the Feeltech FY6600.  Can someone please tell me button by button how I change the frequency units?  I asked the Feeltech support but go no response. 

Thanks in advance,
Dale.

Offline bdivi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1693 on: October 19, 2018, 07:40:52 am »
You have to push the knob when in frequency mode.

That is you first press F1 in group 3 on your diagram and then press 6. It should change between uHz, mHz, Hz, kHz, MHz.

Cheers
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:45:09 am by bdivi »

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1694 on: October 20, 2018, 01:20:03 am »
Hi Dale - page 8 of the manual, under "ADJ Knob" :)

Dave

Online yo0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1695 on: October 29, 2018, 02:38:02 am »
Hi Pio,

The KKMoon and Feeltech versions are the same product, except for the badge on the front.  The mainboard is marked 'Feeltech' in both units.  Firmware in both models on sale is probably still at 1.6 at the moment, but the latest models from the factory may already be at 1.7.  Updating from 1.6 to 1.7 is quick and simple - the KKMoon model connects to the Feeltech server and the update process is automatic once you start it via the control software.

Regards,
Dave

thank you, what if the unit comes with 1.5 version? do you think it is upgradable?

best regards.

Pio

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1696 on: November 01, 2018, 09:26:04 pm »

thank you, what if the unit comes with 1.5 version? do you think it is upgradable?

Have you actually got one with v1.5?  I thought the first versions on sale started at 1.6, but as the FY6800 was designed to be upgradeable, v1.5 (if there are any) should be as well.  Soundtec had one of the very first 6800s from the factory and his has been updated ok, from whichever firmware version it started with.

Online yo0

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1697 on: November 02, 2018, 04:32:41 pm »

Have you actually got one with v1.5?  I thought the first versions on sale started at 1.6, but as the FY6800 was designed to be upgradeable, v1.5 (if there are any) should be as well.  Soundtec had one of the very first 6800s from the factory and his has been updated ok, from whichever firmware version it started with.

No, i ask about 1.5 version because ebay advertising shows screens with v1.5. In many fy6800 offerings.

Example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/FY6800-60MHz-Precision-Digital-DDS-Dual-channel-Function-Signal-Generator-M2K6/302793047829?epid=10008503115&hash=item467fdf3f15:g:nf4AAOSwbb9bPE3l

Best regards.

Pio
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 04:39:57 pm by yo0 »

Offline josh bowman

« Reply #1698 on: November 02, 2018, 05:09:32 pm »
2 questions about the FY6600, I'm sure it's somewhere buried in this forum, but I can't find it.

When you select Mod button and choose FM modulation, what is Bias??

Is there any way to change the default voltage to something lower than 5 volts?

Offline DaveR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1699 on: November 04, 2018, 01:33:58 am »
Hi Pio - those screenshots are probably just taken from an early model as the 6800 went into production, and still used as examples for advertising on ebay etc..  I doubt very much whether you'll get anything other than v1.6 or 1.7 if you buy one now.

Regards,
Dave

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf