Author Topic: Firmware upgrade help on Hantek DSO5102P Oscilloscope  (Read 11916 times)

Offline hasjonTopic starter

Firmware upgrade help on Hantek DSO5102P Oscilloscope
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:19:58 pm »
Hello

I have an issue with my Hantek product:
     2 Chanel Digital Storage Oscilloscope 100 MHz
     Model: DSO5102P
     Serial Nr: T 1G/036 003279

Unfortunately, the device is not working properly.   When it is switched on, first it displays the Hantek logo, and then this message is output:

--------------------------------------------------------------
   l       System update                                            l
   l   Please insert the USB device with update           l
   l   file witch can be obtained from the supplier        l
   l                                                                         l
   l   Warning, DO NOT turn off the power during       l
   l   firmware update is running                              l
   --------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to update the latest firmware file via USB stick (FAT32 formatted, only this file is written on it) "dso5kp_func_dso5102p20170714.up" (from Hantek) but the LED of the USB stick is continuously blinking with no visible activity on the oscilloscope screen (no firmware upgrade progress bar showing).

I then attempted to leave the USB stick in the oscilloscope and gave it a reboot.  Now the oscilloscope just keeps rebooting with no activity of any firmware upgrade.

Please can you help me to revive my oscilloscope.

Please find the following attachments:

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Firmware upgrade help on Hantek DSO5102P Oscilloscope
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 10:18:24 pm »
I realize it's probably not what you want to hear, but send it back while you can. You will constantly run into problems like that with that scope.

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 11:57:57 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the reply.  I wish it were that simple.  However its probably out of warranty.  I purchased this unit in 2014.  Is there any other way this can be resolved.  If someone knows how to override the firmware notification or carry out a successful firmware upgrade, please let me know.  I was never interested in a firmware upgrade, until this stupid message came up which has completely made the scope useless!

I came across is this link, but again not much information there.  Others appear to also have experienced the same issue.

http://www.hantek.org/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=6986

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 09:53:14 am »
Hi All

I have successfully made serial connection with my Hantek DSO5102P,  via USB to serial and the direct USB connection.  Attempted to reflash.  However after the reflash, the oscilloscope hangs after the reboot.  Upon power up, the Hantek logo displays and after that nothing happens.

Please see the attached screens shots from 'EmbedSkyDownLoadTool_V1.0'' and the terminal Running Information after transferring the file 'wh5   root_dso5102p3.ubi'.

I believe I may have the wrong .ubi file.  I may have a partition error and thus would also require a working backup from another DSO5102P.  Please can someone provide a backup and help to convert to the correct .ubi file so that I can attempt a successful firmware reflash.

Thank you

Offline GilbouFR

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 01:17:57 pm »
Have you find a fix for that problem ?

Offline The Doc

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 12:37:14 am »
I hadn't used mine (5072P running 5202p firmware) for about 12 months, and when I switched it on, it kept rebooting. Occasionally it would show that same system update page, but eventually, after about 50 reboots, it stayed on, so I left it running for 10 minutes, then downloaded the newest (25/01/2019) 5202P firmware from the Hantek website and flashed it, ran the self calibration and it seems fine, but I'm guessing there's most likely a dodgy cap on the power supply. Might be worth a check.
Too old to die young

The following users thanked this post: Kartika

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf