Author Topic: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion  (Read 16735 times)

Offline svgurus

• Regular Contributor
Re: Infiray XH09 X2 series, discussion
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2023, 10:11:22 am »
Why you wanna change the lens on a dongle?
Especially when it support MF from-the-box.
Honestly, the only issues why i personally don't like and i sold mine: it's a dongle & temperature it's a joke.
But to film, have fun, do solder/examine pcb w/ crazy good macromode it's awesome.
My fav dongle was therm-app bc of lens changing and *personally* i'd say your 160*120 Hik is a joke  :box:
T2s+ almost supports lens changing(on iphone rather not) and is supported by more than 1 application(also only on android :palm:) so I'd prefer it. but will wait when they will roll out hd mode and iphone support for t3 lineup.
And i forgot to mention XH09 has one of the worst contact stability of type c port. It makes its tiny size and tight lens thread not that big advantage

Offline nikitasiusTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2024, 09:49:41 am »
My fav dongle was therm-app bc of lens changing and *personally* i'd say your 160*120 Hik is a joke  :box:
T2s+ almost supports lens changing(on iphone rather not) and is supported by more than 1 application(also only on android :palm:) so I'd prefer it. but will wait when they will roll out hd mode and iphone support for t3 lineup.
And i forgot to mention XH09 has one of the worst contact stability of type c port. It makes its tiny size and tight lens thread not that big advantage
Well,
* 160x120 Hik works pretty good for exam/testing purposes, it gives me radiometric images on handheld format (saved on a microsd card), also it have bigger pixel and great sensivity ("hand on the wall" test video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQZpsE3MLZYY_dCMzTZ80sKBVtHtQdy3/view ). I can shot anything then open on my PC and get the image i need, for 80€ it outperform Infirays modules for 400 bucks.
* i found XH09 having pretty good type-c in my pixel7, probably yours is pretty dirty so it lose all the time (my old xiaomi's issue).

But after using dongle and having handheld i wanna say: no more dongles for me. Dongles sucks. I.e for gaming purposes or some fun - yeah. But handheld it's solid, long time working, independant + simply better  images due better PCB, better space.
There are idlers that want to have money without working and fools that are ready to work without becoming rich.

Offline Shadowsfromnowhere

« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2024, 08:33:37 pm »
Well,
* 160x120 Hik works pretty good for exam/testing purposes, it gives me radiometric images on handheld format (saved on a microsd card), also it have bigger pixel and great sensivity ("hand on the wall" test video https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NQZpsE3MLZYY_dCMzTZ80sKBVtHtQdy3/view ). I can shot anything then open on my PC and get the image i need, for 80€ it outperform Infirays modules for 400 bucks.
* i found XH09 having pretty good type-c in my pixel7, probably yours is pretty dirty so it lose all the time (my old xiaomi's issue).

But after using dongle and having handheld i wanna say: no more dongles for me. Dongles sucks. I.e for gaming purposes or some fun - yeah. But handheld it's solid, long time working, independant + simply better  images due better PCB, better space.

Can the 160x120 Hikvision handheld record 25hz video internally? Thanks.

Offline JXstaystonight

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2024, 02:20:28 am »
I tried the XH09 at CES. Imaging felt great.

Offline ArcSin

« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2024, 08:30:29 am »
Hello!

I am new here and this is my first post here.

I have some questions relating the X2, well actually its analogue, the E20+.
Firstly, is it safe to connect it to the computer USB, I ask this because I don't know how it manages the power delivery, and if it has some communication that requires the "on the go" stuff, it might damage it.
I know the possibility is remote, but not zero, so it it wont don't hurt to ask. Better safe than sorry and many euros poorer.    :-BROKE

Secondly, as I understand, the E20+ and the X2 is more or less analogues, if not down right share same sensor (considering the fab to make the sensor is usually outside the pocketbook of midsize companies to run and get the needed economy of scale) and differ in control logic or/and firmware. If so, the I/O should still have some universal features that would lend it to be used with some universal Win/Linux app... with some tweaking. Is there any floating around worth a shot? I would like to use mine E20+ in a project that needs the flexibility that phone app just cant provide. However, I am still novice in electronics and programming, so instead of learning how to invent a wheel, I like to shake proverbial "geek tree" and see what falls down.  |O

Thank you in advance.

Offline RO

• Contributor
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2024, 11:44:01 am »
1, I don't have a E20 and can't try if there is some highly unlikely problem with it's usb-c, but you should be able to plug it in without problem.
If it has some uvc porotocol you might even be able to install it as a webcam, try reading the manual or searching.

2, I doubt your assumptions about the sensor. It's not unlikely the E20+ houses a Hikvision 'in-house' core, like the 2TP31 fraser tore down:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/hikvision-ds-2tp31-series-thermal-camera-teardown-307840/msg3942805/#msg3942805.

If so it couldn't be more different, might communicate over a similar protocol, probably won't.

If it's based on the iray tiny1 core or has a similar protocol you can look into these projects:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/rasbpi-and-topdon-tc001-(guinea-pig)-tester-requested/
https://github.com/92es/Thermal-Camera-Redux

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/infiray-and-their-p2-pro-discussion/200/
https://github.com/leswright1977/PyThermalCamera

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2024, 07:44:24 pm »
Can the 160x120 Hikvision handheld record 25hz video internally? Thanks.
it's a cheap covid cam, nope.
There are idlers that want to have money without working and fools that are ready to work without becoming rich.

Offline Dogman211

« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2024, 08:38:13 am »
Lads I got my hands on the SDK for this high refresh cam.
XH09 win/linux SDK https://mega.nz/file/O1gAmaaZ#ANAzXknDAvhjccnsX6WNxF21AkBkAm4FEJUWjIhxb_I
XH09 android SDK https://mega.nz/file/GkpjDbZT#i7hWughvoCXEPRNOkRfeQxl0zJ3NwSkSja9WunnuE4I

Lots of it is in chinese and the make files arent really pointed in the right direction, needs some cleaning up
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 08:43:09 am by Dogman211 »

Offline obnauticus

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2024, 09:07:35 pm »
Does anyone here know if this enumerates as a linux video device natively? Like in /dev/videoX?

I read through the SDK and it looks like it is _probably_ a UVC or V4L2 compatible camera but I wanted to ask to see if anyone knows for sure.

Offline Muny

• Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2024, 11:55:17 pm »
Is the XH15 available to purchase yet? I can't seem to find it. Supposedly they showed it off at CES, but I don't see anything related to it.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #60 on: March 19, 2024, 05:39:47 pm »
Is the XH15 available to purchase yet? I can't seem to find it. Supposedly they showed it off at CES, but I don't see anything related to it.

forum: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/thermal-imaging/files-from-infisense-doc-cn-(the-public-ones-sure)/msg5055790/#msg5055790
china: https://www.iraytek.com/product/xfdzpro-detail-337.htm

Offline OutoftheBox

« Reply #61 on: Yesterday at 08:10:19 pm »
Has anyone got theirs to work on Linux?  I had a cheaper 25hz aliexpress thermal to work with a pi zero 2w using python3 scripts from this forum. The lens did not work well for the project I am trying to adapt it to--so I upgraded to the new cam.  However, I cant get the XH09 to work.  The Xh09 will only display static for a moment and then turn a solid grey color on the display.

I am looking for the pi zero 2w to process the data and display it to a comp out video.  I am looking to keep it at 50hz with minimal lag.

This is the code being used:

#!/usr/bin/env python3

import cv2
import numpy as np
import argparse

parser = argparse.ArgumentParser()
parser.add_argument("--device", type=int, default=0, help="Video Device number e.g. 0, use v4l2-ctl --list-devices")
args = parser.parse_args()

if args.device:
    dev = args.device
else:
    dev = 0

#init video
cap = cv2.VideoCapture('/dev/video'+str(dev), cv2.CAP_V4L)
#cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_CONVERT_RGB,False)
cap.set(cv2.CAP_PROP_CONVERT_RGB,0.0)

#we need to set the resolution here why?
'''
wright@CF-31:~/Desktop$ v4l2-ctl --list-formats-ext
ioctl: VIDIOC_ENUM_FMT
    Index       : 0
    Type        : Video Capture
    Pixel Format: 'YUYV'
    Name        : YUYV 4:2:2
        Size: Discrete 256x192
            Interval: Discrete 0.040s (25.000 fps)
        Size: Discrete 256x384
            Interval: Discrete 0.040s (25.000 fps)
'''

scale  = 3
width  = (256 * scale)
height = (192 * scale)
name   = 'Thermal'

cv2.namedWindow(name,cv2.WINDOW_GUI_NORMAL)

cv2.resizeWindow(name, width, height) # Scale window once to desired scale

while(cap.isOpened()):
    # Capture frame-by-frame
    ret, frame = cap.read()

if ret == True:
        cv2.namedWindow(name,cv2.WINDOW_NORMAL)

imdata,thdata = np.array_split(frame, 2) # Split into individual sub-frames

imdata = cv2.cvtColor(imdata, cv2.COLOR_YUV2BGR_YUYV)
        imdata = cv2.resize(imdata, (width, height), cv2.INTER_CUBIC)
        imdata = cv2.applyColorMap(imdata, cv2.COLORMAP_JET)

cv2.imshow(name,imdata)

keyPress = cv2.waitKey(3)
        if keyPress == ord('q'):
            break
            capture.release()
            cv2.destroyAllWindows()
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:22:07 pm by OutoftheBox »

Offline Dogman211

« Reply #62 on: Yesterday at 11:04:14 pm »
Yep, force your image to not use the sensor data. use 256*192 and not the 256*384 sensor data. If you use 256*384 it spergs out

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf