Author Topic: Fluke 8020A LCD display (revisited)  (Read 938 times)

Offline GregDunnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Fluke 8020A LCD display (revisited)
« on: August 15, 2018, 04:00:23 pm »
While cleaning up my bench I realized that I still had this DMM in its carrying case.  I set it aside years ago because of the typical display failure mode where the whole thing goes dark and unreadable.  Of course several enterprising people have found a way to substitute a new model LCD for the old Fluke part.

Here's my question.  The descriptions - including Modemhead's excellent blog - point to the LUMEX LCD-S3X1C50TR-A or -B.  These seem to be out of stock in places like Digi-Key or Mouser (I haven't tried every possible supplier yet).  However, the apparently compatible Varitronix VI-302 is readily found.  A check of the pinouts and physical size indicates it should be a compatible device, except that the LUMEX says "3-5V" and the Varitronix "3V". 

Does anyone know of a current source for the LUMEX which is in stock?  Or is the Varitronix actually voltage compatible with the existing Fluke display?  Suggestions welcomed.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 8020A LCD display (revisited)
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2018, 04:28:16 pm »
These seem to be out of stock in places like Digi-Key or Mouser (I haven't tried every possible supplier yet).
I might be reading Mouser's site not correctly, but it shows 2250 in stock?

https://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=LCD-S3X1C50TR-A
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 05:10:29 pm by retiredcaps »

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2018, 04:35:43 pm »
OK, that's weird - I looked at that same entry last night and it showed none in stock.  Maybe something cached in my browser.  At any rate, crisis averted!

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2018, 05:10:54 pm »
I see you bought 2? 2248 left in stock now.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 05:48:25 pm »
Yes - in case I stuff up the first one trying to install it.   :-/O  Also, it's hardly worth buying just one and paying the same or more just to have it shipped...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf