Author Topic: getting familiar with CMU200.  (Read 939 times)

Offline ar__systemsTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
getting familiar with CMU200.
« on: August 19, 2018, 02:45:26 pm »
I've got myself CMU200 with a purpose of using it for pre-compliance emission testing.

I'm trying to make sense of the numbers I reading, and there is something I don't understand. If setup the the generator to output level of -35dBm, should not I be getting that number from the Analyzer meter?

Both in and out are connected to the same RF2 port, so the connection between generator and analyzer is internal.

Now, as you see on the attached pics, the reading of power is about 10dBm higher than the output of the generator. And it is always about 10dBm higher, at various levels of the generator.

I have tried RF_Mode manual, and different values for RF_Attenuation, which don't make any difference.

I would appreciate any advice. Either I'm missing something in the setup of the CMU200, or I'm missing something more important, or the unit requires adjustment...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 03:05:12 pm by ar__systems »

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
Re: getting familiar with CMU200.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2018, 04:26:25 pm »
That's not the way it is intended.
If you want to measure the generators output level, you'll have to select different connectors and connect them externally.
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: ar__systems

Offline ps

• Contributor
Re: getting familiar with CMU200.
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 07:32:40 pm »
Try a 50 Ohm termination at the output. Without that, your generator is working into open load which will affect the results.

Or use two different ports, as suggested above.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf