Author Topic: GN Navtel RISC 9470 protocol analyzer manuals request. Where to find? 9440 maybe  (Read 1569 times)

Offline wilfredTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Does anyone know where manuals can be found?

I went through the link thread in the repair board and found nothing. Searches don't turn up anything.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 12:13:28 pm by wilfred »

• Super Contributor
OK. Not surprising no-one has anything.

I changed the title to aid any future tragic. I found a service manual for the 9440 model which may have some cross-over to the 9470 and 9460.

https://www.aef.se/Instrumentmuseum/Instrumentportal_ny/Dokument/Enstaka/9440_Protokollanalysator.pdf

Those who maintain FTP manuals sites might want to snaffle a copy and change the pdf name to English. Although Google still managed to find this one for me.

I still can't find floppy disk images but one of the differences of the 9470 model is a HDD. So When I get it working I may be able to format a floppy from the HDD. It did work for long enough to boot up. But then the Schaffner IEC mains filter let out the stink. Probably a RIFA inside.

Even with my limited experience I should have known better. Old test equipment, not powered on for 10 years (or more) Phzzzt Phzzt stink.

I'm not actually going to use the thing but I thought it might make an interesting case for a Z80 computer project. It has a fold down keyboard and little built in green screen CRT, a floppy drive and a handy soft pouch for stuff on the top. And a power supply.

Offline Beachgal505

GN Navtel 9470 Protocol Analyzer Operating Manual Request
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 07:31:53 pm »
Hello Wilfred. I just joined this blog today.  Fortunately, I DO have the Operating Guide for the GN Navtel 9470.  I also have the Protocol Analyzer itself along with all the computer software floppies for operation.  Are you still in need of any of this I mentioned?  I realize your last post was in 2018 and your situation might have changed since then.  If interested, please don't hesitate to reply.  Thank you.

• Super Contributor
Thanks for the reply.

I'll PM you.

Offline skelband

Hi,
I also have acquired one of these machines (9470) but it comes with no floppies or manuals. Does power up though and seems to be electronically safe (until a cap gives out at least).

Would anybody be able to point me in the direction of any floppy images and/or manuals for it?
The link given above seems to be dead.

Cheers,
skelband

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf