Author Topic: GW Instek MDO-2000E  (Read 3227 times)

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
  • Without engineering science is just philosophy.
Re: GW Instek MDO-2000E
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2018, 08:09:01 pm »
I'll give it a shot and post the results when I have received the generator. :)
You should never go down on equipment!

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 07:15:52 am »
I received the Leo Bodner pulse generator tonight ;D ... What a handy little device! :-+

It was measured at 32ps rise time and 27ps fall time.
Well below the specified 40ps. :)
Well done! :-+

I measured a rise and fall time of 1,22ns on the MDO-2204EX with a low end 50 \$\Omega\$ terminater on a BNC T-adapter.
All my RF terminators are N or SMA and I don't have a BNC through terminator, so that will have to do for now.
It should compare to an analog bandwidth of 287MHz which is above the specified 200MHz.
It would propably be a little bit higher with a proper termination so I'm quite satisfied with that. :)

It doesn't get warm so I'm going to print a small housing for it to protect the SMD components. :-/O

Thank you Leo for a well designed and useful calibrator. :clap:

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 10:06:51 am »
I made a small protective shell for the LB generator and attached the STL file in case some of you want it and can't be bothered designing one. ;)

It clicks together and is held in place by a moderately tight fit between the tiny layer ripples.
It was sliced for and printed on a Prusa I3mk3, so adjustments might be needed if you have a different printer. :-/O

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018, 11:48:07 am »
Please post a link in the thread Leo started so other people see it.  While not as elegant, the heatshrink should serve me fine.

BTW I was playing with mine and one of the 60dBm.com reflection bridges.  Vary educational.  I discovered that most of my BNC cables were NG and my DEC thinwire 50 ohm terminators were not as good as cheap Chinese stuff from eBay. Most of the BNC cables came out of an aircraft harness.  Most likely replaced for cause rather than retirement of airplane.

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2018, 07:32:48 pm »
I made a small protective shell for the LB generator and attached the STL file in case some of you want it and can't be bothered designing one. ;)

It clicks together and is held in place by a moderately tight fit between the tiny layer ripples.
It was sliced for and printed on a Prusa I3mk3, so adjustments might be needed if you have a different printer. :-/O
Nice!
Could you please save the two shell pieces in separate STL files or even better in two IGS or STEP files.
Thanks
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2018, 09:38:27 pm »
I have included the Design Spark files, but unfortunately Design Spark can't make STEP or IGS files.
The program can be downloaded for free from RS-components if you want to make changes.

If your CAD program support many import formats, you can also rename the .RSDOC files to .ZIP and check if you can find something that is compatible with your system. :-//

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2018, 12:41:23 am »
I have included the Design Spark files, but unfortunately Design Spark can't make STEP or IGS files.
The program can be downloaded for free from RS-components if you want to make changes.

If your CAD program support many import formats, you can also rename the .RSDOC files to .ZIP and check if you can find something that is compatible with your system. :-//
It worked, I figured out a way to use the STL files and make them in to CAD files.
Thanks
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline SWR

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2018, 02:11:12 am »
Cool. 8)
Then you can post a pair of STEP files. :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf