Author Topic: Hantek HDG2022B  (Read 2252 times)

Offline SimonTopic starter

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
Hantek HDG2022B
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:06:40 pm »
I have 1 of the above-mentioned horrible signal generators. I thought it would be fairly decent for what I need at the moment as I generally work at low-frequency so with 250 mega samples it should adequately cope with producing faithful renditions. What could be simpler than producing a square wave? At 500 Hz that means that the whole cycle is made up of 500,000 points and at a 50% duty cycle that would be very easily be 250,000 points low and 250,000 point hi. Why then does the high to low transition at 10 V the maximum output although I was sure it went to 20 V take place over 5 or 6 steps with an awful ring on each step? If I step down to save 300 Hz the transition is almost perfect if I step down further all of a sudden there are lots and lots of tiny smaller transitions but I don't understand why they are necessary. It's not critical what I'm doing at the moment but a 555 timer would do a damn sight better job than this so-called signal generator or function generator or whatever this pile of soon-to-be scrap is called. I can understand that at a high frequency or a really odd ball frequency that does not match up with the 250 mega sample output but at 500 Hz where there is a perfect amount of points?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf