Author Topic: Storage case recommendation for a scope (e.g. Siglent 1202X-E)  (Read 1590 times)

Offline zachikTopic starter

• Contributor
I have recently bought a Siglent 1202X-E, and looking for recommendation for a storage case for it.
I am NOT going to travel with it - just a good solution for storing it in a closet when not in use...
The "official" case is a rebranded Apache 4800 which is HUGE!!! (and pricey)

How do you store your scope when not in use?  Please share.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Storage case recommendation for a scope (e.g. Siglent 1202X-E)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 04:54:37 am »
Yes the hard shell case is made for DSO's twice the size of the little X-E's and only available to dealers in the US....yes I tried to get some from the factory but they're an ex Ohio thing only.  :(
I keep my demos in the larger S2 padded soft bag which offers great protection unless you plan to swing it around like a handbag !  :-DD

The smaller S1 bag if as well padded as the larger bag should be a fine solution for stowage......I ordered some but got the larger one.  >:D
https://siglentna.com/product/bag-1/

Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2021, 05:07:40 am »
Thanks @tautech.
Based on my knowledge of Siglent's huge hard case - this soft bag is likely a rebranded case... Any idea WHICH case it is?
Easier, faster (and probably cheaper) to just get the "original" soft bag from amazon.

(I am obviously open to more suggestions!)

Offline Calvin

• Regular Contributor
    • CalvinĀ“s audio page
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2021, 05:24:33 am »
Hi,

Fotographers around the world like to transport their sensitive equipment in bwh plastic outdoor cases.
A customer of mine sends their hifi with very sensitive high gloss finished front plates to his customers.
Should be good for TE also.
See https://www.bwh-cases.com/products/plastic-cases/outdoor-case/

regards
Calvin
..... it builds character!

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2021, 06:12:00 am »
You could also search around in your local retail stores for soft cooler or picnic bags. Some of these bags are ideal for scopes as they have pretty good padding for protection, some even have proper carry handles and shoulder straps in addition to separate zipped pockets for your leads and other stuff.

Furthermore, there is a huge selection to choose from and they are generally reasonably priced, they can also double as a cooler bag so pretty handy really. Just be sure to check the internal dimensions for a nice fit and you can always add extra padding if necessary. Sorry I can't post a decent link or image from this device.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2021, 06:50:02 am »
Thanks @tautech.
Based on my knowledge of Siglent's huge hard case - this soft bag is likely a rebranded case... Any idea WHICH case it is?
Easier, faster (and probably cheaper) to just get the "original" soft bag from amazon.

(I am obviously open to more suggestions!)
They maybe a rebrand however both the large and small soft bags are of Chinese origin so they could be made by hundreds of manufacturers. I haven't got the measurements for either but you can work that out by the size of a SDS1000X (not X-E) which is the biggest that fits in the S1 bag.

SDS1000X/X+
Length 340 mm
Width 123 mm
Height 184 mm

When you find something nice do come back and show us what you selected.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2021, 11:00:51 am »

They maybe a rebrand however both the large and small soft bags are of Chinese origin so they could be made by hundreds of manufacturers. I haven't got the measurements for either but you can work that out by the size of a SDS1000X (not X-E) which is the biggest that fits in the S1 bag.

SDS1000X/X+
Length 340 mm
Width 123 mm
Height 184 mm

When you find something nice do come back and show us what you selected.  :)
Will do!
I have spent 3 hours scouring through Amazon... so far, no luck finding anything better.

Offline ionut.c

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2021, 03:22:59 pm »
Hi! It's true I have a different scope, SDS2104X Plus, but I got myself a nice Lowepro Nova 200 photo bag. I think it might be a good idea to have a look at those bags.

Offline coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »
For sensitive instrument storage i use pelican cases in Canada, they provide us with foam sheets we can cut and form to our needs,  and  i use pouch of desiccant to be sure i don't have any humidity in the case,  maybe extreme  loll

The pelican case can be totally sealed with an valve on them, don't take a flight with the valve closed  loll
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 03:52:51 pm by coromonadalix »

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2021, 04:03:36 pm »
Hi! It's true I have a different scope, SDS2104X Plus, but I got myself a nice Lowepro Nova 200 photo bag. I think it might be a good idea to have a look at those bags.
Camera bags are a great idea. I have looked into that. In fact, I am still looking for a bag that is:
1. Big enough
2. Not WAY too big
3. Cost less than the Siglent S1 bag (otherwise I might as well just buy the Siglent S1 bag)
So far - no luck... Case in point - the Lowepro Nova 200 cost $100 on amazon (whereas the Siglent bag is $60).

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2021, 04:17:02 pm »
For sensitive instrument storage i use pelican cases in Canada, they provide us with foam sheets we can cut and form to our needs,  and  i use pouch of desiccant to be sure i don't have any humidity in the case,  maybe extreme  loll

The pelican case can be totally sealed with an valve on them, don't take a flight with the valve closed  loll
I started out going this route, focused on the cheaper Apache brand (which I am 99.99% sure the official Siglent hard case is).
The smallest Apache case that would be thick enough to contain the scope is the 4800 which is HUGE. If only it were much smaller (but thick enough)...  |O

Offline Gregg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2021, 08:10:29 pm »
I found an older video camera bag at Salvation Army for $6 that is semi rigid and almost perfect fit for my Siglent 1204x-e. It also has a nice side pouch for probes and cords.
You might get lucky and find one at a local thrift store.

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2021, 08:56:16 pm »
Thanks guys for all the ideas.
I think I will bite the bullet and get the official $59 Siglent bag from amazon after all...  I was looking at camera bags, but again most are either a little too small or way too big. At least the Siglent bag would be the perfect size!

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2021, 09:14:30 pm »
lowepro makes great soft cases ,platt cases are excellent rigid ones.

Offline ionut.c

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2021, 03:34:36 pm »
In my country, the Siglent bag was about USD 110-120. I got the LowePro for USD 75...Black Friday...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf