Author Topic: Hantek DSO1152S - Wont boot after firmware update  (Read 17115 times)

Offline aerra

• Contributor
Re: Hantek DSO1152S - Wont boot after firmware update
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:32 AM »
Hello. Here is my new DSO. The board is newer than posted in this topic, so attaching photos - may be interesting for anybody. FPGA is Cyclon IV, in WanaGo's held - Cyclon III

What is strange - the shields of input circuits are not soldered - what a bullshit?

UART has standart pinout

« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 06:49:36 AM by aerra »

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2014, 07:05:21 AM »
Hello. Here is my new DSO. The board is newer than posted in this topic, so attaching photos - may be interesting for anybody.

thanks for these great pictures (any chance to get originals with better resolution via PM?)

FPGA is Cyclone IV, in WanaGo's held - Cyclone III

and that's really surprise!

Any chance that you made backup of the NAND and share with me ? (PM)

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2014, 08:29:30 PM »
Yes, of'course. I outed the UART cable to battarey partition, so it's no problem to get backup (but i have to understand how to do it). Photos are 3MP, i'll sent them later.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2014, 08:59:02 PM »
that's cool thanks!

Knowing now that the latest "S" models (hw1.00.4) are S3C2416 SoC and Cyclone IV based no wonder that there was issues with latest firmware updates on older "S" models (hw 1.00.1 and hw 1.00.2).
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #104 on: August 20, 2014, 03:21:03 PM »
Trying to calibrate the  compensacion of probes using 1kHz scope's output  . Problem: native probes don't want to make a right meandr, in end position of probe's capacitor the meantr is still not right. I tried another probes and they are better. And one more - the meandr is bit different in AC and DC modes, on both channels. So it seems that input capacistances in AC and DC are different. Is it possible to regulate this? There are two variable capacitors in input circuit under the shield, turn them?
And is there a needence to solder the unsoldered sheelds of inputs?
(bad english, learning)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 03:27:58 PM by aerra »

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #105 on: August 21, 2014, 02:37:06 AM »
DC and AC
Backup sent to PM.
Maybe let's go to topic   "Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free"  ?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 02:52:43 AM by aerra »

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #106 on: August 21, 2014, 04:21:18 AM »
as i don't have isolated model, i can't answer. But maybe the other ppl here with "S" models can check it.

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2014, 06:29:56 AM »
@aerra  I set up my DSO1122S exactly the same way as your screen images (except I can't tell which averaging setting you were using, I chose 64).  I set the probe compensation on the supplied probes as usual for the flattest tops with minimal over or undershoot.  Below are screen shots of those, along with a couple using a faster timebase to show the leading edge a bit more clearly.  I personally think this is quite acceptable, considering the noise floor of the inputs.
Also, I would not touch the internal trimmers of the scope, or change anything about the shielding.  You could easily throw your scope out of calibration and have no reference to depend on for measurements.
The first two images are with DC coupling and the second two are with AC coupling.  Hope this is helpful.  :)

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2014, 06:06:14 AM »
Thanks

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #109 on: January 07, 2016, 07:14:36 AM »
good day all!
On Hantek website there is last firmware for 1000s dated 01.2015. Is it good? Did anybody tried to update on it? My current versions in attached log
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 08:13:46 AM by aerra »

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2016, 01:59:29 AM »
I did install the "dso1kb_2.01.1_DSO1122S(150108.0).up" firmware on my DSO-1122S a while back.  There were a few minor changes and spelling corrections.  I *think* it improved stability (fewer lockups), although that can sometimes just be wishful thinking.  ::)  One thing I need to figure out is memory handling.  It won't allow setting the waveform memory over 512K unless certain conditions are met.  I don't use long memory too often (slows down acquisition too much), so I can't remember what is required to enable the 1meg memory length. 
In any case the firmware upgrade process went without incident, so it seems safe to install.
Good Luck!
 :)

Offline aerra

• Contributor
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »
Good day.
Today the last update is dso1kb_2.01.1_DSO1152S(170801.0).up.
Have anybody try it?

Offline justincr83

« Reply #112 on: January 13, 2018, 12:19:41 PM »
my dso is dead, i have no idea what's wrong with it. i'm trying to figure out what is wrong with it but without luck...
anyone knows where and if there is any uart port on this unit?

here's the link to the started thread. http://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/hantek-dso8060-dead-possible-fix/

here's the pcb front and back pictures attached (DSO 8060)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf