Author Topic: Hantek HDG2000 Raspberry Pi CPU conversion  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Scratch.HTFTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hantek HDG2000 Raspberry Pi CPU conversion
« on: April 28, 2018, 04:41:42 am »
This is my idea of making the HDG2000 more powerful and flexible.
The interconnection between the CPU and FPGA is a HS-SPI bus with three additional signals for FPGA code loading (all signals including the front panel are of the +3.3V level and therefore can be directly connected to the Raspberry Pi).
According to https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/spi/README.md , the SPI bus can run at up to 125 MHz but you need to be careful with wiring length and layout; in theory, the FPGA should be able to handle speeds faster than 16.666667 MHz (this was the speed of the original CPU HS-SPI bus).
The following bridges need to be removed before the conversion: (SD: RA2, R41, R42, R212; USB: R909, R908, F2; CPU-Main: U14, U13, P11 or components within their IC footprints)
A different LCD and controller will be required, and the front panel (isolate from Hantek board first before connecting to the Raspberry Pi) uses the I2C bus (where an RTC can be easily be attached) with an active high IRQ signal, and I will provide the front panel connector pinout and key make/break codes on request.
Finally, a serial console port, beeper (and via a USB adaptor, a front panel SD card interface) can also be provisioned.

In case you may ask me about coding for this project, my strength here is contributing realistic and viable ideas.
If it runs on Linux, there is some hackability in it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf