Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2203775 times)

Offline Decker

• Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2625 on: March 14, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »
I' want to install DM9000AEP, H1102NL and optos in RJ45 line. In theard #1105 is Tinhead's sch. and picture.  Intresting me the types & values of missing components, (if it's possible).
(I' have same scope as ZdH, and juse their picture.)

vferencz,
The opto-isolator components are for UART-over-RJ.
You should not be installing LAN transformer with additional opto devices.
Just install the LAN components and be done. :-)
Use the UART over J801 with TTL 3.3v -> COM interface.

LAN components for latest HW version:
RJ LAN Jack (j2)
DM9000AEP (u17)
25MHz Xtal (y2)
LAN Xformer (jc1)
2x 22pF caps (remove 0 ohm resistor - if present)
And manual config of network module via UART console...

All of the necessary info is available in the recent posts to this thread.

-Decker

Offline vferencz

« Reply #2626 on: March 14, 2015, 04:15:05 pm »
I' want to install DM9000AEP, H1102NL and optos in RJ45 line. In theard #1105 is Tinhead's sch. and picture.  Intresting me the types & values of missing components, (if it's possible).
(I' have same scope as ZdH, and juse their picture.)

vferencz,
The opto-isolator components are for UART-over-RJ.
You should not be installing LAN transformer with additional opto devices.
Just install the LAN components and be done. :-)
Use the UART over J801 with TTL 3.3v -> COM interface.

LAN components for latest HW version:
RJ LAN Jack (j2)
DM9000AEP (u17)
25MHz Xtal (y2)
LAN Xformer (jc1)
2x 22pF caps (remove 0 ohm resistor - if present)
And manual config of network module via UART console...

All of the necessary info is available in the recent posts to this thread.

-Decker

Decker,
THX for answer.
vferencz

Offline mushroom

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2627 on: March 15, 2015, 11:00:09 pm »
Hello !

This is my 1st post on EEV blog, and english is not my 1st langage. I hope you'll be indulgent !

I just got a brand new Hantek DSO5102P yesterday, after my old CRT oscope died on me last week. This is my first DSO.

System information :

Model : DSO5102P
SW version : 3.40.0(140925.0)
HW version : 1000xffff8108
Serial : T 1G/036 xxxxxx

I have one question : is it possible to make it wireless with a bluetooth module, for use with DigitalScope, and for data logging ? (HC-05 for example).

I have no idea of the required baudrate. I also imagine that the UART is not suitable (???). I've read almost all this huge thread, but did'nt find the needed information. It seems to me that the UART port is intended for remote access to the embeded system, nothing else (???)

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2628 on: March 16, 2015, 02:16:24 am »
Hello !

This is my 1st post on EEV blog, and english is not my 1st langage. I hope you'll be indulgent !

I just got a brand new Hantek DSO5102P yesterday, after my old CRT oscope died on me last week. This is my first DSO.

System information :

I have one question : is it possible to make it wireless with a bluetooth module, for use with DigitalScope, and for data logging ? (HC-05 for example).

I have no idea of the required baudrate. I also imagine that the UART is not suitable (???). I've read almost all this huge thread, but did'nt find the needed information. It seems to me that the UART port is intended for remote access to the embeded system, nothing else (???)

One "quick" search yielded this:

Reply #2459 on: August 27, 2014, 12:46:25 PM

I'd just like to thank tinhead for his hard work and dedication to hacking this 'scope... Cheers!

My DSO5072P arrived today and I finally plucked up the courage to hack it. I tried it first with the DSO-USB tool but it locked up and the 'scope froze. I thought I'd killed it, but it rebooted and I decided not to risk it that way again.
I didn't have a USB-Serial adapter but I did find a Serial over Bluetooth adapter, so I wired it in and connected using Putty, then changed the file name and the name of the scope in logotype.dis, and I'm up and running.
I'll probably leave the Bluetooth module in for now. It might come in handy one day, and it saves taking it apart again.

Now I just need to figure out (I need someone else to figure out) how to change the boot logo...   ;D

I suggest you begin by talking to "The Doc" and see what that yields.  Perhaps try a PM to Doc and see...

-Decker

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2629 on: March 16, 2015, 08:44:29 am »
Hi,

I have received a Volcraft DSO-1062D scope that crashes at the very begining after start, shoving only Volcraft logo. After connecting via UART to my laptop with Putty software I have noticed that linux faild to start with "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" error.
Full log below.

Can I ask anyone that has simmilar scope (Hantek DSO5062D or Takwey) to make a backup file for me that I could flash mine?

I guess the flash chip broken.  :palm:

Offline mg.glodek@gmail.com

« Reply #2630 on: March 16, 2015, 08:47:08 am »
Problem is connected with one particular partition. Hope It can be repaired.

Wys?ane z iPhone za pomoc? Tapatalk

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2631 on: March 16, 2015, 12:37:09 pm »
I guess the flash chip broken.  :palm:
This may rather come from a corrupted partition. If this is the case, this could be fixed by flashing again this partition... but we need a flash dump from a working device for that...
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2632 on: March 17, 2015, 08:38:12 am »
Where I can this flash dump?

Offline mg.glodek@gmail.com

« Reply #2633 on: March 17, 2015, 03:16:36 pm »
I just receive my DSO dump from Dominic. Thank You very much once again. It is working perfectly right now after first kernel flash.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2634 on: March 18, 2015, 07:59:49 am »
Congratulation!  ^-^

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #2635 on: March 19, 2015, 04:32:55 am »
 :-[

Hi All, I have Hantek 1062BV with SW Version : 2.01.1(131115.0) HW Version : 10020x55558312

I had used the 200 hack earlier ( did not do the logo hack as it did not work),today i had updated to the latest firmware from Hantek site the 200 firmware dso1kb_2.01.1_DSO1202BV(140730.0).up instead of the 60 mhz one.

Now the Oscilloscope blanks up after showing the Hantek Boot screen and the Firmware Number.It just blanks up,i tried removing the battery etc but of no help.Have also send across a mail to Dave ( Tim ) as iam struck and it wont progress ahead

Vinay

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2636 on: March 20, 2015, 05:00:54 pm »
:-[

Hi All, I have Hantek 1062BV with SW Version : 2.01.1(131115.0) HW Version : 10020x55558312

I had used the 200 hack earlier ( did not do the logo hack as it did not work),today i had updated to the latest firmware from Hantek site the 200 firmware dso1kb_2.01.1_DSO1202BV(140730.0).up instead of the 60 mhz one.

Now the Oscilloscope blanks up after showing the Hantek Boot screen and the Firmware Number.It just blanks up,i tried removing the battery etc but of no help.Have also send across a mail to Dave ( Tim ) as iam struck and it wont progress ahead

Vinay

Chances are, you did not fully (or properly) complete the "hack" tasks on that unit.  Don't know for sure, but seems likely you did the work only over USB.  The only way you can figure out what is happening in that scope is to connect a terminal to the UART (j801) port and access the root of the system during boot.  USB will not suffice, it must be done with a COM terminal.
The connection details for the 3.3v UART -> COM Port interface/connection are mentioned all over this thread, so look into that first and you can get some answers about what's happening in the scope.

-Decker

Offline JRoque

« Reply #2637 on: March 20, 2015, 05:41:15 pm »
Hi all,

After 4 years of service - but <10 hours total runtime - my Tekway DST1102B expressed its disapproval for being ignored by popping a capacitor. Sorry, I don't have the cap number in the board but it's the -5V rail cap next to the regulator. The blown cap was completely dried out and opened (thankfully). Replacing it with a known good one brought the scope back to service with no other apparent damage.

See pic:

Regards,
JR

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2638 on: March 21, 2015, 12:52:03 am »
Hi all,

After 4 years of service - but <10 hours total runtime - my Tekway DST1102B expressed its disapproval for being ignored by popping a capacitor. Sorry, I don't have the cap number in the board but it's the -5V rail cap next to the regulator. The blown cap was completely dried out and opened (thankfully). Replacing it with a known good one brought the scope back to service with no other apparent damage.

Regards,
JR

Yep, that electrolytic is certainly a plump can.  Since it was on the output of the 7805, its rating was probably 1000uF @ 6.3v so I hope you replaced it with a rating of 16v to keep it from getting stressed. :-)

-Decker

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2639 on: April 01, 2015, 08:07:30 am »
Hello !

System information :

THis website gives you all the info you need: http://www.circuitsathome.com/measurements/hantek-dso5000-series-oscilloscope-modifications-part-1-doubling-the-bandwidth-of-dso5102b

Pin layout, speed, etc.

Are you OK with changing the HC-05 settings, or do you need some help with that?

Offline Decker

• Contributor
« Reply #2640 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »
Hello !

System information :

THis website gives you all the info you need: http://www.circuitsathome.com/measurements/hantek-dso5000-series-oscilloscope-modifications-part-1-doubling-the-bandwidth-of-dso5102b

Pin layout, speed, etc.

Are you OK with changing the HC-05 settings, or do you need some help with that?

LEDAero:  That link is more focused on the older HW/SW, and a majority of it points back to {this} thread which is very current.

mushroom: The UART is a tty console to the entire (internal) Linux system.  Even the boot codes can be changed from there.
This thread has all the information you need, just search it and you'll find info about wireless add-on hacks, USB, UART baud, locations, Ethernet components, etc...
Use the thread "search" (next to "print") button to expand your investigation.

-Decker

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2641 on: April 02, 2015, 07:14:47 am »
Hi guys i wanna to ask any1 , is there some has got experince with HANTEK MSO7084BLG ? Is it hackable to better rate?
hello!
Where to buy MSO7084BLG?

Offline tkalfaoglu

« Reply #2642 on: April 16, 2015, 11:41:06 am »
Can I ask a very noobish question: How do you connect the PC with the scope?  I have a hantek dso5102p, my first scope, and naturally would like to up its sampling rate to 200, but I'm not sure how to connect the two together.

Offline dditaly

« Reply #2643 on: April 16, 2015, 04:11:05 pm »
Hi there to everybody!
very useful topic and nice guys,

I am a "rookie" starting with a cheap ATTEN ADS1062C (equivalent to SIGLENT SDS1062C) (60MHz, 500Msa/s) just to learn using a scope, but I am interested in hacking it to 100MHz and increase the memory depth (4K) with hardware mod.

Could you please help me to understand it it is feasable or compatible with the topic issues?

thanks in advance
best regards

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2644 on: April 20, 2015, 01:44:46 am »
Can I ask a very noobish question: How do you connect the PC with the scope?  I have a hantek dso5102p, my first scope, and naturally would like to up its sampling rate to 200, but I'm not sure how to connect the two together.

Brief steps
Install software and driver on PC -> Open software on PC -> Connect DSO to PC by a USB cable (there's a USB connector on the back of DSO) -> when connect successfully, light green on the tool bar-> clike play button on the window of display.

Offline vinayst

• Contributor
« Reply #2645 on: April 23, 2015, 07:28:35 am »
Hi,

I have a Hantek 1062BV which was send for repair.It seems the engineer there has misplaced the battery, and is not able to source the same.Can somebody provide the tech details a to the following, so that i can get it custom made.

Voltage : ? ( I assume it might be 5V, but not sure, did not note details while the battery was there:-(.
Amp : ? mAH
Type : I assume Lipo, but further details like No. of cells would be great
Is it available off the shelf if there is any particular part number, and its shared across by other brand devices.

Very unfortunate as without it the whole portability is lost.
This is the only active forum on Hantek, therefore posting for help here.

Vinay

Online Mark

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2646 on: April 23, 2015, 02:55:23 pm »
Here you go Vinay, this is my DSO1202B battery:

Offline dom0

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2647 on: May 03, 2015, 08:43:08 pm »
I recently exported some deep captures (1 M depth) and noticed that all(!) CSV files are broken (truncated, mid-line, randomly).

Seems to be an issue with either the firmware (it's the latest tinman-patched one I know of), or the pen drive (high quality USB 3.0 one, never had any issues with it at all). Interestingly the file length are multiples of 512, these two length occurred:
5179392 bytes = 10116 * 512 bytes
5178880 bytes = 10115 * 512 bytes

The header, most interestingly, says this:
#timebase=80000000(ps)
,#voltbase=50000(uV)
#size=800096

800k pts (if that is what the size field indicates) isn't 1 M in my book...

Offline Darkzh

« Reply #2648 on: May 13, 2015, 02:50:22 am »
Hi, I got lost in this extremly long thread. Did anyone have the chance to tear down all the 3 models: DSO-5062B,5102B,5202B?  What are the hardware differences between these 3 models? Someone said there is a little difference at the frontend? Is it true? What is the real bandwidth when DSO-5062B is hacked into "200MHz"? Or DSO-5102B hacked into "200MHz"? The amplitude should not be lower than the -3dB value....  :-// :-// :-//

Offline szg

Hantek DSO5202BM problem
« Reply #2649 on: May 13, 2015, 08:56:49 pm »
Hello,

I have an DSO5202MB SN: T 1G/012 006816

After an firmware upgrade It did not work. (did not start)
Via serial port I repaired the NAND FLASH, it was full with pictures.
Now the oscilloskop working properly, but only on the half srceen.

Does anyone have idea what I can do?

Thanks everyone!

I am sorry for my bad english.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf