Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2200998 times)

Offline firepower

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2650 on: May 14, 2015, 07:12:37 am »
Try reloading the firmware again.

Offline szg

« Reply #2651 on: May 14, 2015, 08:53:17 am »
I think it is not firmware problem.
The screen is bad during boot the Linux.

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2652 on: May 18, 2015, 06:20:16 am »
Hi, I got lost in this extremly long thread. Did anyone have the chance to tear down all the 3 models: DSO-5062B,5102B,5202B?  What are the hardware differences between these 3 models? Someone said there is a little difference at the frontend? Is it true? What is the real bandwidth when DSO-5062B is hacked into "200MHz"? Or DSO-5102B hacked into "200MHz"? The amplitude should not be lower than the -3dB value....  :-// :-// :-//

I think only their bandwidths are different among these 3 models.

Offline taldarin

« Reply #2653 on: May 18, 2015, 07:04:35 pm »
Hi Guys,

Can someone share altium files for latest hardware schematics?

Offline rosasharn

• Regular Contributor
Re: Hantek DSO5202BM problem
« Reply #2654 on: May 23, 2015, 08:01:07 am »
After an firmware upgrade It did not work. (did not start)
Via serial port I repaired the NAND FLASH, it was full with pictures.
Now the oscilloskop working properly, but only on the half srceen.

I think, may be you can disconnect the cable between the display and the mother board, and reconnect it again. O0

Offline joeskaife

« Reply #2655 on: May 26, 2015, 12:37:40 pm »
Many thanks Tinhead for your efforts - I'm a happy owner of a 5072 hacked to 200MHz with very little effort - a fabulous budget DSO.

I did have a bad experience this morning with the recommended Noiseblocker replacement fan though.

Oh it was silent alright - but didn't move at all.

I popped the rotor to see if I could redo the expected poor solder joint but found the windings a complete mess! Several loose loops poked up from one coil (there was the break), but the other windings were also poor with one so slack that the coil overlapped the top of the stator and had simply been folded over it to fit the rotor. What a careless mess!

I dropped the rotor into the cheap (but properly wound) fan that came with the DSO and have an acceptable solution but...

Can't recommend this Noiseblocker/Blacksilent I'm afraid.

Offline nikolas_d

« Reply #2656 on: May 28, 2015, 03:42:52 pm »
Hello everyone.

I have a  Hantek MSO5102D. After a 6 month of usage it stops to boot , but was accessible via rs232 terminal. I was upload firmware according to instruction . After reboot it stops working at all. Terminal unaccessible for now. Badest that i did not get jtag firmware dump before uploading new firmware. Is there any chance to get Jtag dump from someone of you guys  ?
also i attach a few photo because i not sure about hardware revision.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2657 on: May 29, 2015, 01:33:57 pm »
Badest that i did not get jtag firmware dump before uploading new firmware. Is there any chance to get Jtag dump from someone of you guys  ?
Hi Nikolas, I have the same 'scope and haven't got around to tearing it apart and messing with it just yet, so the firmware is factory.

I have a cheapo ebay Altera USB Blaster which I have never used before, am downloading Quartus II Web edition now. Is there any other software I need?

So, what do you want me to dump and how? I believe there is a CPLD and a couple FPGA's in there?

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #2658 on: May 29, 2015, 04:02:03 pm »
Hi, new here but with new Hantek DSO 5062M, yes on the panel is only M!!!!
I try to find the serial terminal but is replaced to MSO location right aside the USB

Here is the full board picture

Any new hack posibilities then only 200MHz ? MSO ?

Thanks
Jan

Offline Starcruiser

« Reply #2659 on: May 29, 2015, 04:11:50 pm »
The UART connection is missing its pins, you will need to solder the wires or some pins to gain connection, the holes next to the rear USB port is the place, J801 I think it is labeled. Yes this unit is hackable, follow the directions on page one and follow the links.

You can also add LAN to this but need extra parts, this is also in the thread, use the search function.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:13:21 pm by Starcruiser »

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #2660 on: May 29, 2015, 04:21:10 pm »
Thanks allready done by connector  ;)

I thinked something more then 200MHz hack if the board is MSO look like ...

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #2661 on: May 29, 2015, 05:10:16 pm »
Interesting that before hack I can set the 2ns timebase  :-//

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2662 on: May 29, 2015, 05:54:25 pm »
Janekx, you will need the LA board if you want the MSO feature. Some pics:

My 4 pin UART header came factory installed. Perhaps they need it to configure the LA board?
Some pics of the LA board:

I have to say, the LA in this scope is pretty shitty. There is no protocol decoding. Oh well, all is not lost - that can be done on the PC via USB perhaps? Hantek must have some software for that?... erm... nope! OK then, any third party / open source? nope... Oh well, I can write my own - Hantek must have a protocol available to access the LA over USB? ...nope... There has been some reverse engineering done on the DSO version and it's on the TODO list for Sigrok last time I checked, but even with that, the LA bit is not included.

Offline janekx

• Contributor
« Reply #2663 on: May 29, 2015, 06:37:45 pm »
I see,  thanks,  and why i can set 200MHz timebase before hack? 

Offline Starcruiser

« Reply #2664 on: May 29, 2015, 07:48:19 pm »
The new software allows this 2ns option, still need the hack to activate options to 200Mhz (or 100Mhz) if you want it.

That unit has no header for the LA board either, not sure if you are missing any other passives or chips. Just an observation.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2665 on: May 30, 2015, 01:16:07 am »
@nikolas_d

From your photos it looks like you tried JTAG programming the CPLD (J701 pins soldered)?
My board looks the same as yours, MB Ver1.01. As this is the first time I've ever used the USB Blaster I've included a screen print. I "Examined" and then saved the .pof file.  I also "Verified" the file against the chip and it appears ok. File is attached below.

I recall tinhead was looking for a copy of this too. :-+

Offline nikolas_d

« Reply #2666 on: May 31, 2015, 04:33:05 am »
Macbeth, thanks , but according to a file size , seems you read only a altera chip content.

is there any chance to read/write full binary with USB baster , or i need use different full featured jtag programmer?

Guys, please, is it possible to create success manual for dump|restore using jtag, and also please tell which jtag programmer you  used for thisu

Offline nikolas_d

« Reply #2667 on: June 02, 2015, 08:23:34 pm »
Hello guys , finally i knew exactly that i need.
seems like i need restore a content of samsung arm processor.

i found second jtag on a board . Actually the question is : where can i get sansung 2440 dump to upload to OSC via second jtag ?

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2668 on: June 03, 2015, 08:46:44 am »
nikolas,

yes you want J901 to upload the firmware on. The J701 you soldered the pins to is for the Altera CPLD.

tinhead has a OneDrive with plenty of flash images, including the MSO version. As he always says, read the first post on this thread.

I took a copy of my scope over serial using nanddump before I did the bandwidth mod. I'll post it later when I have access to my other PC if you have trouble with tinheads dump.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 08:48:46 am by Macbeth »

Offline nikolas_d

« Reply #2669 on: June 10, 2015, 03:12:16 am »
Macbeth, did you already download image from your 5202d ?
i`m ready to upload image but can`t find it.

Offline jagielonka

« Reply #2670 on: July 27, 2015, 05:49:44 pm »
Hello

My ads1102cal atten is bootloop, how do I unlocked?  :  :-//

Thanks in advance.

Offline ogara

• Contributor
« Reply #2671 on: August 03, 2015, 05:27:49 pm »
Hi, my first post here.  I am searching for my first scope with a budget around $250 and have narrowed it down to Hantek's range of DSO.

Originally I was looking at DSO5072p but another model pop up for the same price - a model DSO4072c  from the DSO4000c series of DSO4202C, DSO4102C & DSO4072C -- http://www.hantek.com/en/ProductDetail_3_4163.html.

Specs seems similar to DSO5072p  except it had a additional feature listed as "25MHz Arbitrary waveform generator, 12 bits resolution, 200MHz DDS"

How old is this DSO4072c model?  Is it hackable?  I search everywhere but can't find any reviews or mention of this DSO4000c series - not even here - the only thread discussing Hantek.

Would like to hear if anyone has comments on it.  Is DSO 4072c a better model to get at the same price?

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:34:33 pm by ogara »

Offline quantalume

• Supporter
« Reply #2672 on: August 13, 2015, 06:08:32 pm »
How old is this DSO4072c model?  Is it hackable?  I search everywhere but can't find any reviews or mention of this DSO4000c series - not even here - the only thread discussing Hantek.

Would like to hear if anyone has comments on it.  Is DSO 4072c a better model to get at the same price?

I think it's a fairly new model.  The price wars are well underway, however: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/NEW-Hantek-DSO4202C-2-Channel-Digital-Oscilloscope-1-Channel-Arbitrary-Function-Waveform-Generator/32372848210.html. Specs seem to be the same as the DSO5000P series, so my guess is that the hardware is substantially the same.  My only reservation would be that the controls are more cramped than they are on the 5000P series.  Also, I personally wouldn't get much use out of that sort of generator. The distortion is too high for audio use, it doesn't go high enough in frequency for serious RF use, there are no modulation functions, and an Arduino or something else with digital protocol support would be more suitable for generating sophisticated digital waveforms. Having said that, why don't you buy one and tear it down for community benefit?  ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 06:15:49 pm by quantalume »

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2673 on: August 28, 2015, 10:30:55 am »
Just got a secondhand MSO5102D on ebay for a good price. Mainly with the intention of hacking it to within an inch of its life but also because it's a reasonable portable with a much bigger screen than the handhelds. I see there's a huge space inside that could take a battery.

It seems to be a bit later version than the ones documented here, though the hardware at least doesn't seem much changed.  What should I photograph / copy etc. to add to Tinhead's catalogue ?

The system information says

model MSO5102D
sw version 3.2.35(141129.1)
hw version 1010x55778344
serial T 1G /012 022xxx   (why do people obscure their serial numbers ? what will happen if I put it correctly ?)
boot count 13 (I think 3 of those were mine ..)
upgrade count 0
lcdfront.ts 0.1.0

I was looking at these a year or so ago and noticed that someone had got the linux OS to run a console on the MSO screen (instead of the scope application). I can't find that now - anybody know where the link was ?

I'm interested in :

removing the smell of tobacco smoke (it's not grubby but it sure stinks)
tweaking the OS with the intention of running custom code such as protocol analysers
adding the lan port
adding the sd card
adding the 2nd USB host port
adding a battery pack
getting some nicer knobs for it

Offline dapsaille

« Reply #2674 on: September 01, 2015, 08:00:38 pm »
Hello,

i'm waiting for the delivery of a Voltcraft DSO-1062D and i wonder if i can add the vga connector to this model ?

I've seen video option in the firmware licensing tool, is it related to vga output ?

i'm discovering the magical world of scopes (and electronic in general) so please forgive me if i hurt you eyes/brain with stupid questions  :blah:

Thanks for sharing and for your indulgence  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf