Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2201429 times)

Offline frenzel.92@wp.pl

Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2725 on: December 01, 2015, 09:17:19 pm »
Hello!
I have a problem with an oscilloscope :-\ The oscilloscope starts and resets. The damage occurred after inserting a flash drive with the NTFS file system, the instruction write about the FAT32 stick.
Lack of communication by the UART, tensions at checkpoints are ok.
Please advice repairs.

/Mariusz

Offline ramil

« Reply #2726 on: December 06, 2015, 07:46:57 am »
Hello, very necessary backup DSO 5072p. I want to restore. I would be very grateful for help. Sorry for my English..

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2727 on: December 28, 2015, 06:34:27 pm »
Hi,

I've got an Hantek MSO5062D
Software Version 3.2.35 (141129.1)
Hardware Version 1020x55778344
Serial Number T 1G/012 023xxx (so higher than 15000)

In this version the PINs for the serial interface are completely missing, but I just plugged some in.

I can connect with my USBtoSerial adapter and see the starting of Linux. But after booting the console cannot be reached by pressing "Space and Ctrl-C" (and enter)
I've googled and read a lot of pages of this topic but I did not find any solution to this problem (nor anybody else who has this issue).

Any hints? what did I miss?

I've recently found some more time to play with my MSO5102D and have the same problem. I have the same firmware and other version numbers as you and a similar serial number. I first got this, used (but not much), a few months ago. I did the backups (can't remember how - possibly using DSO-USB-Tool) and later I fitted the DM9000 and other parts for ethernet. I fitted the ethernet parts to the main board, not the LA daughterboard.

However, I can't enable the LAN option in i2c.log - I can't log in on the uart and I'm having trouble with USB. The uart connection is definitely OK hardware-wise : like hobbes-dMs I get the ^C echoed, it just doesn't kill dso.exe or prompt me to press enter. I can also enter the bootloader menus and navigate them perfectly using the uart.

I'm wondering if this version of the firmware disables the console login, or turns off ^C handling. Or perhaps it's detecting the ethernet connection and providing a console there instead, even though it's not fully 'up'.

Can anyone with 3.2.35(141129.1) confirm that the uart login works ?

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2728 on: December 28, 2015, 10:42:06 pm »
More info :

It appears that there's no uart login because /etc/init.d/rcS gets stuck. It's executing dsod in the foreground and doesn't return. If dsod is killed, the script runs to completion, starting telnetd and allowing inittab to run getty.

There's still a problem : the tty flags are wrong and it needs a line feed to terminate a line. But, ^Jroot^Jstty sane^J fixes things. Note that you actually have to login - the initial console dies.

I've tried backgrounding the dsod in rcS but it then seems to run twice (and it's already got two instances running so that's three. )

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2729 on: December 28, 2015, 11:38:56 pm »
What would the ethernet connection get you? I mean this thing doesn't even support SCPI over USB-TMC, never mind LXI?

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2730 on: December 29, 2015, 10:43:13 am »
Ethernet gives more convenient hacking access.

I think it does actually support the same features as USB but I'm more interested in telnet, ftp etc. in order to mess around with the software.

I've also got some applications where I'd occasionally like remote access. That's much easier to arrange with ethernet than USB.

Offline Sascha712

« Reply #2731 on: February 03, 2016, 11:59:31 pm »
Hello,

I think i bricked my Hantek DSO5072P during Firmware upgrade... screen stays black, even the backlight does not turn on.
So I bought a LPT JTAG Flasher , which is Wiggler compatible (I reverse ingenered it and it seems to be the same schematics, as the normal Wiggler).

I installed Windowss xp 32bit and installed H JTAG, configured the LPT Port, but dont get any answer from the DSO.

Is the P3 (20 Pin header) the right connector for JTAG? Because the upper row (which is near to the LCD Screen) is all connected to ground.
I did not connect the Frontpanal and LCD now. Does it have to be connected during NAND Flash? Only the Mainboard and power supply are connected.

Before all that, i made a backup (with the "firmware update" file) from the first post.
I got 4 Files:
boot.bin 1024kb
kernel.bin 2048kb
logo.bin 512kb
root.bin 512kb
Is it normal Filesize? seems very small?
I added all files together and got fw_backup.bin 3.733kb (including blank.bin and mizi_tag.bin).
Am I right, that i have to flash superviv.bin to the NAND and than connect via UART and after that flash fw_backup via dnw.exe?
Or is this only for the older DSO?

Sorry for so many questions and my bad english.
I hope that you can help me :)

Offline Abtzero

« Reply #2732 on: February 28, 2016, 11:35:53 am »
Ich purchased a Hantek DSO5072P.
Out of the box, I can choose 2ns in the timeline. What does this mean?
Is is already hacked?

Regards
Abtzero

Offline aijii

« Reply #2733 on: February 28, 2016, 12:01:50 pm »
Hi there,

I'm trying to run the backup script on a DSO5102P and it fails, saying it can't find the firmware update file.

The disk icon turns blue when i put in a freshly formatted, fat32 2.0GB usb stick with only the "dso5kp_backuptool.up" file on it.

Just wondering if i'm doing something obviously wrong...

Cheers,

Adrian

Offline Fixup

• Contributor
« Reply #2734 on: March 02, 2016, 08:11:45 pm »
Hello,

I have had problems in normal use with some USB memory sticks. Then when I have saved some screenshots to the USB and moved the USB stick to a PC there was nothing saved. Now I am using a memorystick just for the USB that seems to work. I would recommend that you try another USB memory.

In some earlier posts I also struggled with a update. Then I had wrote the following in the forum:

For to succeed with the update I needed to first run the "dso5kp_backuptool.up" backup. The backup somehow hang at 9/10. I waited for about 10min and pressed cancel.
After that I was able to update the DSO5072p with "dso5kp_func_dso5202p20150906.up" firmware.

The update firmware needs to be selected from the menu both when you want to do a backup and also when you really want to update the firmware. I think it was not possible to update a firmware if you have not first run the backup.

Hope that this helps. Let us know :)

Offline patrik96

• Contributor
« Reply #2735 on: March 03, 2016, 12:06:47 pm »
Please so kind to help me the following: I read this tread but not find how can it possible to chenge the Hantek 4072C frequency to 100 or 200MHz, any help welcome!

Offline Stevie1966

• !
« Reply #2736 on: March 11, 2016, 02:03:50 am »

I have buy a Hantek6074BC. This is a 70MHz BW .

Can we hack it to 250MHz BW like Hantek6254BC? :popcorn:

Offline femtohertz15

• Contributor
« Reply #2737 on: March 12, 2016, 02:14:58 pm »
Hi all,

I just got a Hantek 5202P, and noticed something odd.  Above 20ns/div in equivalent time, the waveform reconstruction becomes very erratic, like it is piecing together the wrong slices of waveform.  The triggering was fine at 20ns and faster in real-time just in equivelent time the sampling seems to fail.  And,  at slower than 20ns/div equivalent time works okay (although it isn't really all that useful at the low sleep rates).  Is this need a f/w update to latest or does it sound like a hardware bug?   A self-cal didn't help.  F/W version 3.40.00

Offline femtohertz15

• Contributor
« Reply #2738 on: March 12, 2016, 03:31:05 pm »
... If I had to guess I'd say the other modes all worked because its really just doing all the timing off the 1ghz interleaved sample rate and the faster ET sampling fails because something is broken in the hardware trigger.

Offline femtohertz15

• Contributor
« Reply #2739 on: March 12, 2016, 06:37:55 pm »
External trigger works fine real time too.  So  maybe the trigger comparator is fine.  But ET sampling at faster than 20ns/div breaks on external trigger just the same.

Offline femtohertz15

• Contributor
« Reply #2740 on: March 13, 2016, 12:58:29 am »
Well, some progress.  I tried updating the firmware to the latest on Hantek's site, which caused it to cyclically reboot  :palm: until I picked "Restore previous system".
Okay, I let it do that, and noticed it was dated 1/26/2016, vs 9/15/2015 that I downloaded.  Hmm.   I've noticed that the EQ time does have sections that look somewhat like the realtime version when < 20ns/dev.   Still a bit odd, not like any other DSO I've used in EQ, whether the acquisition system was happy or not.  Anyway the big discovery was that if I pick dual-window mode (sort of a deranged version of delayed sweep), I can go up to 2ns/div in the magnified window in EQ time as long as the main window is not to slow a sweep rate (and of course it won't let me go any faster than 20ns in EQ either!).  The samples are dense in that 2ns/div, although it didn't quite look like 50 samples in 2ns ("25 Gs/s in EQ time ???).

So the final result is stupidly like my old CRO's, you can't get the fastest sweep without pulling the magnifiy knob.  As If I had nostolgia for needing a horizontal amp gain boost to acheive the last few sweep ranges.

Offline siblynx

• Hissing diletant
    • Lynx!
« Reply #2741 on: March 13, 2016, 02:41:52 am »
Hi all,

I just got a Hantek 5202P, and noticed something odd.  Above 20ns/div in equivalent time, the waveform reconstruction becomes very erratic, like it is piecing together the wrong slices of waveform.  The triggering was fine at 20ns and faster in real-time just in equivelent time the sampling seems to fail.  And,  at slower than 20ns/div equivalent time works okay (although it isn't really all that useful at the low sleep rates).  Is this need a f/w update to latest or does it sound like a hardware bug?   A self-cal didn't help.  F/W version 3.40.00

I tested mine DSO5102P and it behaves like you described. In addition to that, it self-rebooted after a while in this mode and erased any saved settings to defaults. Glad I'd stored them to USB.
And now the smoke and it's really bad.

Offline ondrej

« Reply #2742 on: March 24, 2016, 01:35:28 am »
More info :

It appears that there's no uart login because /etc/init.d/rcS gets stuck. It's executing dsod in the foreground and doesn't return. If dsod is killed, the script runs to completion, starting telnetd and allowing inittab to run getty.

There's still a problem : the tty flags are wrong and it needs a line feed to terminate a line. But, ^Jroot^Jstty sane^J fixes things. Note that you actually have to login - the initial console dies.

I've tried backgrounding the dsod in rcS but it then seems to run twice (and it's already got two instances running so that's three. )

I'm in the same boat. Brand new MSO5062D. How did you manage to kill dsod? CTRL-C doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Offline mikga32

« Reply #2743 on: April 01, 2016, 06:57:03 am »
maybe try this:
http://embdev.net/articles/Tekway_MSO

I got same problem with a MSO5102D installed wrong firmware no backups.

Offline artag

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2744 on: April 20, 2016, 07:46:55 am »
More info :

I'm in the same boat. Brand new MSO5062D. How did you manage to kill dsod? CTRL-C doesn't seem to be doing anything.

The usb commands still work - there are details somewhere in this thread of a utility that allows USB control of the scope, and can submit shell commands. Kill dsod and the serial login will start, though you may need to 'stty sane' before it's usable.

Offline femtohertz15

• Contributor
« Reply #2745 on: May 03, 2016, 08:31:02 am »
Has anyone noticed these scallops at the fastest sweep rates (2ns and 4ns?)    (they look like 1GHz ripple in the right half of the screen - on the high part of the pulse)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 08:32:34 am by femtohertz15 »

Offline mahdiafpr

« Reply #2746 on: May 26, 2016, 08:59:01 am »
hi,
i need some information about input stage (analysis with detail). such as Offset control page. is there any body, that know?

Offline 2x2l

• Contributor
« Reply #2747 on: June 05, 2016, 07:30:48 pm »
Are the DSO5xxx's still hackable? Ebay has them going for 200 USD shipped (looks like vendors are trying to push out old stock to prep for a new model?). I had no intention of buying one but 2 chans at 200 mhz for 200 USD, eh, impulse purchase territory right there.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2748 on: June 05, 2016, 07:37:54 pm »
Which vendor are you refering to?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf