Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 657674 times)

benjamin545, tinhead and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
Re: Another one china DSO hack - 200MHz
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2010, 02:19:36 AM »

The SDK kit (for both Hantek and Tekway) is scheduled to be released end of Jauary 2011,
the firmware source code (which is under GPL and have to be published) will be not published,
this seems to be GPL licensing misunderstanding so i will try to explain again both companies what's about.

Send an email off to this group. They'll do the chasing up about GPL compliance.

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2010, 03:51:28 AM »

The SDK kit (for both Hantek and Tekway) is scheduled to be released end of Jauary 2011,
the firmware source code (which is under GPL and have to be published) will be not published,
this seems to be GPL licensing misunderstanding so i will try to explain again both companies what's about.

Send an email off to this group. They'll do the chasing up about GPL compliance.

for now i did analyzed first what under GPL and what not, made a list of all files/modules/libraries and send it to Tekway/Hantek
with a full description. Now it would be easier to understand for them.
Depends on answer i will of course contact gpl-violations.org and/or softwarefreedom.org.
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Gall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2010, 07:42:00 AM »
Do they link their proprietary executables statically and/or with GPL (not LGPL) libraries? If yes, they have to publish sources or at least linkable object files of these executables as well.
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2010, 08:56:11 AM »
Do they link their proprietary executables statically and/or with GPL (not LGPL) libraries? If yes, they have to publish sources or at least linkable object files of these executables as well.

All proprietary executables are dynamically linked, except customized gpg (which will be used for automatic firmware decryption during update), but as the secret key is already known should be not a bid deal to publish the source. Tekway/Hantek know about this hack
and about what we already know/looking for.

I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2010, 10:27:17 AM »
HACK UPDATE
I did updated some stuff and changed all ref. postings to have all hacks/tools in single place

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firmware update for Tekway users
This is inofficial version, it will update all Tekway DSO to firmware version 2.06.2
- French/German/Chinese/English menu language supported instead of only Chinese/English
- CSV export to USB (up to 40k samples only, but better than nothinig)
- a bit better export menu (much easier to recognize what your saving)
- more colors for menu/submenu/background (black/green/pink/yellow/blue instead of only blue)
- trigger works now stable up to 300MHz (of course after hacked to 200MHz bw)
- zoom up to 1000x
This firmware update is replacing only binaries, nothing will be hacked or changed.
How to use :
- download attached do_firmware_Tekway_2.06.2.exe and do_firmware_Tekway_2.06.2.r00
(it is packed with WinRAR just because of size limit here in forum)
- unrar or execute it and copy dst1kb_2.06.2_cli(101028.0).up to your USB stick and proceed with firmware update
- reboot, recalibrate your DSO

removed since never firmware available
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generic Tekway hack
Hack is now updated to work with any Tekway firmware versions, it will change your DSO model but it will not anylonger replace any binary files
How to use:
- download one of the attached version
   do_Tekway_DST1062B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DST1062B (60MHz bw)
   do_Tekway_DST1102B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DST1102B (100MHz bw)
   do_Tekway_DST1202B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DST1202B (200MHz bw)
- unzip and copy the dst1kb_9.99.9_cli(111111.0).up to your USB stick and proceed with firmware update
- reboot and recalibrate your DSO

Generic Hantek hack
Hack is now updated to work with any Hantek firmware versions, it will change your DSO model but it will not anylonger replace any binary files
How to use:
- download one of the attached version
   do_Hantek_DSO5062B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DSO5062B (60MHz bw)
   do_Hantek_DSO5102B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DSO5102B (100MHz bw)
   do_Hantek_DSO5202B.zip - if you wish to change your DSO to DSO5202B (200MHz bw)
- unzip and copy the dst1kb_9.99.9_cli(111111.0).up to your USB stick and proceed with firmware update

I don't have DSO5062B and DSO5202B boot screen logos, so your DSO will always show during boot DSO5102B.
If you have such logos please let me know. If you wish to change the DSO5102 logos (see attached hantek_logo.zip content)
to "proper" name, then do it and send them back to me (so i will update again this hack).
I would do it, but i prefer to spend my time on other things :)

I got the proper logos for DSO5102B and DSO5202B, for DSO5062B is did my own. Generic hacks in below updated now.

not working anylonger, use UART to hack

Firmware Dump utility
as already posted here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1571.msg23807#msg23807
this tool has been again updated

again updated to work with fw 2.6.x and higher?

http://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=1571.msg35683#msg35683

Firmware Update Counter Reset
This tool will reset fw-update and DSO-usage counter to 0 on your Hantek/Tekway DSO.
How to use:
- download attached do_ResetUpdateCounter.zip

NOTE: This tool is deleting sys.inf from your DSO root file system. All currently known firmware versions are re-creating this file during reboot,
however be warrned that i'm not responsible for any modifications done by you.

not working, use UART to delete sys.inf

ALL Hacks/tools has been tested on both Tekway and Hantek DSOs (DST1xxxB series and DSO5xxxB series) with all currently known
firmware versions, however i'm still not responsible for any resulting issues (warranty, bricked DSO, whatever).

If you brick your DSO with one of in above posted hacks/tools you will still be able to un-brick it via JTAG. "ARM JTAG cable for H-JTAG"
costs 10$, e.g. ebay item 300453556955
If you don't want to play with JTAG and wish to unbrick your DSO, unsolder the NAND memory (K9F1208xxx) and send it to
me (i'm located in Europe ...), i can definitely reprogram the NAND with working firmware (however you will have to know how
to unsolder/solder such IC). A empty NAND will not work, there is some factory calibration data stored, so it is always recommended to have a original firmware backup (created via JTAG/UART or with the "Firmware Dump utility" hack/tool)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:36:12 PM by tinhead »

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2010, 11:07:20 AM »
attached hack/tools zips ... (updated Nov 28th)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 09:36:37 PM by tinhead »

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
    • NIST
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2010, 10:34:27 PM »
Just perusing tinheads post, again, awesome!  :D

He's changed my view of the Hantek/Tekway completely.  A worthy equivalent to the Rigol hack threads for higher bandwidth scopes.

Thank you!
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2010, 02:52:28 AM »
and again.. sorry if i miss something... where can get this hackable DSO model? still didnt show up in my ebay :( ...can the hack update... be updated in the 1st post for ease of referencing? (just a suggestion) as i said.. i may have missed something due to lack of supply. :-\

Offline g***!

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2010, 05:00:18 AM »
and again.. sorry if i miss something... where can get this hackable DSO model? still didnt show up in my ebay :( ...can the hack update... be updated in the 1st post for ease of referencing? (just a suggestion) as i said.. i may have missed something due to lack of supply. :-\

I bought mine from GoodLuckBuy.com (Hantek DSO5102B)

Online dfnr2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2010, 01:48:54 PM »
Very interesting.  I'm looking for a scope to fill in while I repair my workhorse scope, a Lecroy 9834 with no video.  I had just been about to pull the trigger on the $415 Instek 1062A, or the $800 big brother 1102A.

This thread caught my eye.  Do you care to do a review on the Hantek scope?  In particular, can this scope be controlled via the USB port?  One thing that I like about the Instek is that it has a documented programming interface, and you can interface it to your own software (such as NI Labview, or Python/VISA).  Does the Tekway have a similar interface?

How does the triggering, display, etc. compare?  How is the brightness/crispness/viewing angle?

Also, anyone had experience ordering from Goodluckbuy.com to the US?  How long did it take?

Many thanks!

Dave
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 02:06:39 PM by dfnr2 »

Offline .o:0|O|0:o.

• Regular Contributor
  • Where is Higgs Boson?
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2010, 02:05:16 PM »
Is the Tekway Chinese?

.o:0|O|0:o.

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2010, 02:57:53 AM »
Is the Tekway Chinese?

.o:0|O|0:o.

yes it is

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2010, 06:10:56 AM »
This thread caught my eye.  Do you care to do a review on the Hantek scope?  In particular, can this scope be controlled via the USB port?  

One thing that I like about the Instek is that it has a documented programming interface, and you can interface
it to your own software (such as NI Labview, or Python/VISA).  Does the Tekway have a similar interface?

How does the triggering, display, etc. compare?  How is the brightness/crispness/viewing angle?

Oki, small Hantek DSO5202B/DSO5102B/DSO5062B - Tekway DST1062B/DST1102B/DST1202B review.

Display :

The DSO is using InnoLux 7" TFT (AT070TN83 V1) with LED backlight,
It is a good display wth high contrast/brightness and do have anti glare.
Viewing angle is 6 o'clock, no differences to 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. Only in 12 o'clock isn't that good (see display datasheet for more information)
The DSO is using native resolution (800x480), no double/quad pixeling tricks like with UNI-T CEL series.

A very good thing is the DPO-like display persitency, from 0.2s to infinite (Instek Accumulate is like infinite persistency on Hantek/Tekway, so no compare)

There is additionaly TFT refresh rate selectable between 30, 40, 50 aud automatic (which is i think 20 or less) frames/sec.
You can "see and feel" the refresh speed and the waveform changes.

Menu:

Menu on the right side can be switched on/off (in single window mode), it is always on in double window mode.
Menu-speed is fast, a little-bit slower in long memory mode but still ok (this is new in current firmware version, it was amazing slow in fw 2.05.x)

Trigger:

All standard triggers available :
Edge (Falling/Rising)
Pulse (Pos/Neg, "<" ">" "=" "!=", 20ns to 10s pulse width)
Video (All/Odd/Even/LineNumber/AllLines - PAL/SECAM/NTSC)
Slope ("<" ">" "=" "!=", Time and V/sec scale)
Over Time (Pos/Neg, 20ns to 10s)
Alternate (Edge, Pulse, Over Time, Video trigegr per chan available)

Of course all triggers have additialy LF reject, HF reject, Noise reject, AC or DC coupling options
and Ext, Ext/5, AC50

Autoset have additionaly multicycle / singlecycle rising/falling edge waveformtriggers.

Memory :

Sample memory can be switched between 4k, 40k, 512k or 1M (in real time sampling mode) up to 200µs time base (2ms record time)
It will change automatically to 512k in 200µs and higer time base if you in run mode.
In eq. sampling mode you can't change sample memory, however it seems to be using the real time sampling mode values.

Currently there is funny firmware bug (fw 2.06.2), with some specific combination of run&stop/single/time base change/memory length
the DSO is showing wrong data. This means don't use single shot with long memory (everything over 40k) in higher time base than 200µs.
Run/Stop is displaying proper data, single shot too as long you don't change time base. I did send a error log/description to Hantek/Tekway today.

Zoom in double window mode up to 1000x, with holdoff 100ns to 10s. You can set multiple markers, switch or play between markers.
Not sure if the Zoom is more like Rigol or more like Instek (see instek review), wating for some screenshots from Instek users
to compare it - however it would be hard to compare due dual window function available on Hantek/Tekway devices.

Math/FFT:

only CH1+CH2, CH1-CH2, CH2-CH1, CH1xCH2 available.

FFT only Hanning, Flatop and Rectangular with zoom x1 to x10.

In FFT mode no long time memory available anylonger in fw 2.06.2, it was before but i would say good change,
because the DSO wasn't really responsible in FFT with 1m memory mode.

Math/FFT in dual or single window mode available

Measure menu:

11 values can be measured (Freq,Period, Mean, Pk-Pk, Cycl. RMS, Min, Max, Rise time, Fall Time, Pos Width, Neg Width)
however only 8 displayed at same time.

Cursor:

In dual or single window mode available, Time or Voltage but not both at same time.

Other:

Timescale 2ns to 40s, i wish 1ns would be available (instek 1ns to 50s)
Avarage sample 4/8/16/32/64/128 (instek have 2 and 256 too)
XY mode with dual window available (XY and XY atr same time)
Ref. A or B can be only saved to internal memory, setup localy or USB, waveforms to USB only.
CSV export currently only 40k samples, more only via PC software.
The DSO is fanless, however you can add fan if you like, there is everythign prepared for.

Programming:

Well, all functions can be controlled via USB, but there is no SDK published yet (scheduled for end of Jan 2011).

Also, anyone had experience ordering from Goodluckbuy.com to the US?  How long did it take?

ask user g***!, i got my directly from Tekway but from what i understood it was a week (?)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 07:13:51 AM by tinhead »

Offline g***!

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2010, 06:58:58 AM »

Many thanks!

Dave

Hi there Dave!

My buying experience was as follows:

From initial order to dispatch was 5 days (probably waiting on stock)
Transit time was 6 days, I'm not in US, but from looking on the website US delivery is typically about 5 days....hope this helps!

Online tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2010, 08:56:21 AM »
And here some pictures of Hantek DSO5102B ( thx g***! )

Interessting that some components has been changed (input and trigger circuit) between my
old Tekway (which is very early version) and current Hantek.

All JTAG and I/O extender port pin headers are not soldered, only UART port still there.

All ADCs got now small heatsink.

EDIT : as reported some ppl got heating/death chan issues in the past because of missing heatsink's on ADCs.
I'm not a friend of fanless devices, so i never got any issue because my very early device have small fan.

If you bought a Hantek/Tekway DSO without heatsink on ADCs, send it back! That's probably old stock
and the distributor have to send you a new one.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:56:16 PM by tinhead »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf