Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 651719 times)

rudy1589 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2011, 12:12:32 PM »
probably you haven't read my postings carefully. All these models are 99.999% the same inside.
There are some more or less cosmetic differences (for higher freq. response):
- 4 resistor arrays in input stage
- 8 resistors in input stage
but in principle you can live with that (or solder new 0.1% resistors and ran self-calibration)

Everything else remains the same.

Afaik Tekways are still hackable via USB (firmware update), the new stock Hantek's not anylonger*
For Hantek you will have to connect via UART0, kill the dso.exe (by ctrl+c + enter)
and modify manually model name (see my first post).

*new stock models firmware is checking current DSO model name with the model name in the firmware (on USB stick).
Of course there is still a way to create a firmware which will lie about model name and hack the DSO, but
honestly i'm too lazy (too busy) to create it. As we can still hack over JTAG or/and UART0 i don't see a need
to spend time on this.

I think everybody should be able to buy TTL UART-> USB adapter (ebay for "cp2102 usb ttl"),
so no issue at all. There are two CP2102 TTL USB adapter models (on ebay), one with GND/RXD/TXD/5V/RST
and one with 5V/GND/RXD/TXD/RST (talking about adapter header pinout).
Just be sure you checked the connections before you connect the adapter to DSO, if you do it wrong - like
i did (5V on DSO GND and GND on DSO RXD) you will kill the ARM µC RXD port, which isn't funny if
you have no IR Rework equipment and spare ARM µC at lab/home.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 12:25:34 PM by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline Scrts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #121 on: January 07, 2011, 06:24:36 PM »
Thanks for clearing my mind! I think I am taking that DST1062B :)

Regarding logic analyzer question:
Even two channel logic analyzer would be cool, because it could successfully decode 1-wire, RS232, RS485, I2C protocols. Or even if it would be possible to connect SCK signal to ext trigger channel and two channels to MOSI/MISO, it would be a perfect SPI decoder. I can't wait for the SDK!

A bit offtopic, but regarding the ARM processor:
Where do You buy them? There is a project with S3C2440 uC and farnell/digikey/etc has no such processors on stock.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #122 on: January 07, 2011, 08:38:34 PM »
A bit offtopic, but regarding the ARM processor:
Where do You buy them? There is a project with S3C2440 uC and farnell/digikey/etc has no such processors on stock.

in my local drug store :)

go to

http://www.digchip.com/datasheets/quote.php?action=search&pn=S3C2440AL-40

select S3C2440AL-40 and create RFQ
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
    • Elec3i Instrumentation et automatisme
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2011, 08:33:46 PM »
Hello Guys,
We are Hantek 'a agent in France and we can deliver many DSO5102B as our stock is large enough.
Please visit our website: http://elec3i.com
Hope to deal with you soon. ;)

Best regards,
Pascal

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2011, 09:07:58 PM »
@pgup62:
1) delete your duplicate (1st) post.
2) sell gossen metrahit or energy dmm.
3) do you talk malay? multilingual ehh?
4) how much dhl/ems shipping cost to malaysia?
Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 09:10:52 PM by shafri »

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2011, 12:08:34 AM »
Hello Guys,
We are Hantek 'a agent in France and we can deliver many DSO5102B as our stock is large enough.

Best regards,
Pascal

yeah, i know your website. Btw, what is TTC price ? Is it with TVA or without ?

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »
Selamat Salam Shafri  :o
In fact, I have some friends in Singapour, malay language, they tought me some language tips.
Fortunately, we most of time talk english 8)
TTC means tax included. we use to deliver inside Europe. For Asia, perhaps we can dropship from Hantek. I will inquire this possibility from them.  Dou ke yi !

Regards,
Pascal

Offline flyer1059

« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2011, 09:17:48 AM »
Thank you Tinhead and others for a very informative post...

I got my Hantek DSO5102B last week. It was shipped with 2.06.2 software. I haven't hacked it or upgraded it in any way. I have noticed two software bugs in its operation. Is anyone else seeing them too?

1. Using cursors with 2 channels with different volts/div. Triggering is off channel 2. Voltage cursors are on channel 1 - but the scope displays cursor readings using volts/div for channel 1. I am definitely selecting cursors to be sourced by channel 1.

2. Observe a signal on channel 1 and setup triggering using a suitable level and timebase. While observing the waveform press "SINGLE SEQ". The waveform is captured. Change the timebase to another setting. Press "SINGLE SEQ" again. The waveform is captured but at the OLD timebase setting, even though the scope is displaying the NEW timebase on the screen. The workaround is to change the timebase only while the scope is in the RUN mode i.e. the "RUN STOP" button is green.

Apologies if this has been answered already. Can the Hantek DSO5102B standard software be upgraded with Tekway DSO1102B files. Also can either Hantek or Tekway TTscope software be used with my scope?

Offline Scrts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2011, 10:09:09 AM »
Hello Guys,

Best regards,
Pascal

Are there possible discounts for students? I've managed to get a discount @ German Pinsonne electronics to the same price(shipping included) as Yours for DSO5062B. If it is possible to have a discount @ Your company, I will cancel my order there and buy Yours :)

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »
Are there possible discounts for students? I've managed to get a discount @ German Pinsonne electronics to the same price(shipping included) as Yours for DSO5062B. If it is possible to have a discount @ Your company, I will cancel my order there and buy Yours :)

lol, "sparen?"

Be careful, the "Elec3i" price includes TVA (19.5%) which is like MwSt in Germany (19%),
if you have no EU VAT number you will pay evt. twice the VAT (TVA and MwSt).

- no TVA/VAT

The "Elec3i" price is ok...
no, is same as everywhere else.

DSO5102 costs 589 EUR, plus for Germany 19% VAT so we have 700,91EUR which is equal to what e.g. pinsonne
sells (695EUR).

If Elec3i price would be with french VAT it would be of course very good offer.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:33:06 AM by tinhead »

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2011, 10:15:06 PM »
Please, let me give you a little explanation: :-\
For everybody into Europe, our price si the same TTC or VAT (This means VAT=0.00 EUR !), because for now, we are not charged by VAT taxes because of the taxes policies in France according to our turnover. At the same time, no added taxes for European countries (Germany, UK, Brlgium, Spain, Italy, etc.)
For countries outside Europe, these countries should add their own custom taxe according to every country custom policy, usually around 20% of "product price + Shipping price + insurance" plus anti-dumping taxes and other fees (depending of the importer fees).
We already paid our importation taxe, as this should be for every imported product inside Europe.
Just I wanted to point out that perhaps we can inquire Hantek (we are somewhat in narrow collaboration with Hantek  because some of our staff comes from the same city where their factory is settled) to possibly dropship to people outside Europe, then this wouldn't charge the custom tax from exportation (From France to elsewhere outside Europe: this one will be requested by the importation country if we deliver outside Europe), just the tax from China to the importation country, and for lucky guys perhaps 0, but don't believe this can be possible too much (many people in France got sad when they order from USA and a while later they were requested to pay 20% custom tax...).
I hope my explanation is not too tricky. For special discount requested price  or any special information, everybody can directly communicate with us : pascal@elec3i.com   ;D
Cheers

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2011, 02:23:55 AM »
Pascal,

someone (enduser) in EU have always to pay VAT, so if your price have no french VAT the enduser will have to pay it
in own country. Your price (no-VAT) is typical for B2B, for me as a company owner just perfect (therefore my org. question is TTC=TVA)
 - but the enduser will still to have to pay VAT, everything else is cheating and illegal.

Import TAX is a different story, you as importer have to pay it anyway.

P.S. - normally you can't sell a B2B items to enduser without proper VAT, that's the EU business rules.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 02:27:55 AM by tinhead »

Offline pgup62

• Contributor
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2011, 06:11:42 AM »
cuo le mei you ? dui bu qi.... :o
Hao ba ! :-\

VAT is included in the price (Even VAT=0) and european customers won't be charged by VAT in their country. This policy has been confirmed by EUROPA service and french custom.
We are then very competitive on DSO52102B , we accept discount prices here for this forum. Let us say we offer shipping delivery inside Europe and we offer extra 30,00 EUR more in the final price ! I let you do all the operations. I think we can argue and we don try to cheat people anyway. ;D
Cheers
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 10:47:12 PM by pgup62 »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #133 on: January 10, 2011, 06:51:35 AM »
cuo le mei you ? dui bu qi.... :o
Hao ba ! :-\
you can translate some of chinese ee sites for us.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: January 10, 2011, 09:30:08 AM »
I think we can argue and we don try to cheat people anyway. ;D

... on the other side, if a enduser is not asking explicit for invoice with VAT, who cares :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf