Author Topic: HANTEK MSO5102D Oscilloscopes user opinion  (Read 2235 times)

Offline ilankoTopic starter

• Contributor
HANTEK MSO5102D Oscilloscopes user opinion
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:39:38 pm »
Hi guys,
I am looking to buy an oscilloscope, anyone have any experience with HANTEK http://goo.gl/bK4sJV products ?

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
Re: HANTEK MSO5102D Oscilloscopes user opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 04:11:25 pm »
I've just got an MSO5102D in the post just now. Not even powered it on yet. (I mean, I have to pull it apaaaart first surely? :-DD). £290 delivered to the UK. From what I can tell it is a bargain and very easy to upgrade to 200MHz if you find the mega thread on these 'scopes.

I'm due to receive a Siglent SDG1025 Signal/Arv waveform generator (25MHz) any day soon. I hope it can be hacked up to 50MHz just as easily. £225 delivered.

I'll let you know how I get on in a few weeks. Some people don't like that the MSO5102D doesn't do automatic protocol decoding of I2C, etc. I never even knew modern logic probes can do that kind of thing anyway so thats no problem to me, I can always post-process the data anyway. It would be a nice coding project to hack that function into the scope too. There is a genius on the forum that has pretty much reverse engineered these chinese scopes and to me that is far better than any manufacturer type support.

It's so cheap I would just go for it!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf