Author Topic: HP 54615B Startup?  (Read 1534 times)

Offline TheAdmiraltyTopic starter

• Contributor
HP 54615B Startup?
« on: June 05, 2018, 04:05:59 pm »
Morning everyone!  Quick question.  I'm in the market for a oscilloscope with >=500MHz bandwidth for a few high(er) speed FPGA projects... would rather not spend $4,0000 on something new and so I'm looking at older models.  I see a decent deal on an HP 54615B (500MHz, 1GS/s) being sold as-is, but I've got absolutely zero experience with these older HP digitizing o'scopes... The only picture I see is of the splash screen with "No module installed" indicated at the bottom.

Now, I'm sure someone who's used these can answer this pretty quickly, but is this just a status message at boot, or is this thing going to show up without an RF front end (or some other mission critical component)?  Maybe a stupid question, but I frankly don't know squat about most scopes other than the relatively new Agilents.

Thanks!  :-BROKE

Offline elecman14

• Supporter
Re: HP 54615B Startup?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2018, 05:04:20 pm »
The no modules installed refers to plugin modules that attach to the back of the scope. From the marketing literature "Optional expansion modules for FFT, waveform storage, and remote control".

The following users thanked this post: TheAdmiralty

Offline TheAdmiraltyTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: HP 54615B Startup?
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 05:14:26 pm »
That would make sense... I actually just went down during lunch to ask our inventory room :-X and we had an original manual for the 54616B in the office and it looks like you're right.

Now it's down to this or a LeCroy 9354TM.  Old scopes, but plenty for my purposes.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf