Author Topic: IDSO1070a linux wine  (Read 2638 times)

Offline EinHexenMeisterTopic starter

IDSO1070a linux wine
« on: August 23, 2017, 05:46:42 am »
friends :

i have this new hantek idso1070a which connects on wifi with my android tablet or pc, as well as via usb

what i noticed was that for the usb mode i didn't need to install a win 10 driver and at the end i got a short flashing message about a new serial port connected "COM7"

does this mean that it connects and communicates via a serial link in usb mode ???
or is the driver the same as for the 4 channel dso3000 ???

if yes, would the windows app run maybe in linux on wine and does wine support a serial channel

the other thought is the wifi mode ... similar to above, would it run in linux on wine and would wifi be supporter under wine as well ... udp and tcp are the same regardless of the device
or would it use some sort of serial over wifi in case this exists

i'm more of a hardware firmware guy and i'm not that good with systems issues, despite that i run all my development in kubuntu

i have to say, that the $ 150 hantek dso1070a seems to be a really nice oscilloscope for most of my use cases and for me a small footprint counts

i'm mostly operating under 1 MHz with my embedded issues and if it would exceed the bandwidth i can always use my hp or tektronix

dual monitors, keyboard and mouse, the hardware i'm working on to test my firmware, i don't have much room left for scopes, etc ... there is always room for the nexus 7 or a small portion on one of the monitors, except i run linux on them

thanks and cheers EinHexenMeister

Offline spblinux

Re: IDSO1070a linux wine
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 04:47:23 pm »
Just got an IDSO1070a oscilloscope. WIFI-mode works fine under wine (1.8.7) in debian 9 (stretch).

Download pc software from hantek.com (unzip, mount iso, run windows/IDSO1070-Installer-1.0.21.exe with wine, ignore error about driver installation). Connect with linux to wifi network created by IDSO1070a oscilloscope.
Code: [Select]
wine $HOME/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/IDSO-1070/IDSO1070.exeInside IDSO application choose WIFI in menu File / Connect Type.

Have fun,
spblinux

Edit: posted an answer 10 months after previous post because this topic shows up prominently in google search about linux and this scope
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 05:57:23 pm by spblinux »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf