Author Topic: inside of Pro'sKit MT5211 LCR Meter  (Read 4153 times)

Offline hussamaldeanTopic starter

• Supporter
inside of Pro'sKit MT5211 LCR Meter
« on: October 01, 2018, 10:49:52 am »
Hi all
I own this multimeter and it is a good multimeter and I am using it. but the range selector has some weird issue and I decided to open it and clean the contacts and throw some pictures in the process
here we go (as dave say don't turn it on takes it apart :P )

the multimeter

the multimeter on diode/ continuity check

I opened the battery department 9V batteries are the worst ever and I already charged this battery 5 times in three months while my UT139C still holding the same unknown brand battery that came with the multimeter 

well I blew the mA range fuse and I couldn't find a replacement and say, screw it let me put some wire and forget about protection since I don't use high voltage anyway (max is 30V dc)

when I opened the device (all screws are self-taping ones except the battery holder

after removing the holding screws and I saw all of the good stuff and it was meh

for the fixing I used medical alcohol to clean the range contacts and everything is honky dory

and thats all for this small teardown and fix :D

Sorry but I am newbie in these things

The following users thanked this post: leogenic

Offline alsetalokin4017

• Super Contributor
Re: inside of Pro'sKit MT5211 LCR Meter
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2018, 11:04:16 am »
You should remove that bodge wire immediately and simply consider the mA range "broken" until you can replace the fuse with one of the proper rating. This has little to do with voltage! You can easily get high currents enough to damage the meter from low voltage sources, even like a flashlight battery. LCR meters are, in my experience, easily damaged by improper connections or range settings. Fuses are there to protect the meter, and to protect you.
The easiest person to fool is yourself. -- Richard Feynman

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 11:32:00 am »
You should remove that bodge wire immediately and simply consider the mA range "broken" until you can replace the fuse with one of the proper rating. This has little to do with voltage! You can easily get high currents enough to damage the meter from low voltage sources, even like a flashlight battery. LCR meters are, in my experience, easily damaged by improper connections or range settings. Fuses are there to protect the meter, and to protect you.
I don't use it to measure the current at all, I am using my uni-t 139C and soo I will get clamp meter and 171C

Online coromonadalix

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »
seems nice   its a rebadged Victor 88c+

It is written on the pcb  loll

Offline Hydrawerk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 10:56:42 pm »
Amazing machines. https://www.youtube.com/user/denha (It is not me...)

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 07:02:51 am »
seems nice   its a rebadged Victor 88c+

It is written on the pcb  loll
I don't think it is the original pro'skit because I bought it at half price what mentioned in their website  |O |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf