Author Topic: Is there A Rigol Specific User Forum Monitored by Rigol Techs?  (Read 8601 times)

Offline jstarrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Is there A Rigol Specific User Forum Monitored by Rigol Techs?
« on: December 20, 2013, 04:45:40 pm »

Offline EV

• Frequent Contributor
  • Aficionado
Re: Is there A Rigol Specific User Forum Monitored by Rigol Techs?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:50:52 pm »
Who knows?

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »
That would be an extreme surprise for everyone who tried to get hold of a real, taking Rigol tech. Not someone from a sales subsidiary, but a real one from the mothership.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Co6aka

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 06:29:19 pm »
That would be an extreme surprise...

More like shock 'n awe.

They'd likely get way too much feedback, both positive and negative, and then due to insufficient phase margin...  :palm: It just wouldn't be pretty.
Co6aka says, "BARK! and you have no idea how humans will respond."

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 07:12:49 pm »
Most likely they'd get the same treatment the Siglent guys got when they tried to make a presence here...

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 07:27:37 pm »
Most likely they'd get the same treatment the Siglent guys got when they tried to make a presence here...

At least Siglent had the balls to make a presence here and still do....in the name of Customer support and product improvement.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 07:44:28 pm »

Do you mean the sock puppet, the distributor who isn't Atten or Siglent but pretends on his website to be, or the tech who properly introduced himself to be from Siglent? The sock puppet IMHO didn't get what he deserved. The distributor had nothing technical to say.

And the official Siglent guy? The only treatment he got was that people were asking him technical questions, of which he chose to ignore the more difficult ones and then he just stopped answering in September for no apparent reason whatsoever.

So please get your facts straight.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 07:46:15 pm by Bored@Work »
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 07:52:18 pm »

So please get your facts straight.

Wasn't trying to state any facts. All I saw was a bunch of unpleasantness for whatever reason.  That is all.

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 08:49:23 pm »
Hi Guys,

what would you like to have? Direct Rigol Support is available in US Office, EU Office and Beijing Office.
From my personal experience I can suggest to contact them if you have a bug to report or an enhancement idea.
I had contact with Rigol EU Office. In the meantime my wish is addressed and will be implemented in future.

Additionally, do you think Rigol do not know anything about all the hacks and stuff what is going on? I don't think so.

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 08:24:14 pm »
Additionally, do you think Rigol do not know anything about all the hacks and stuff what is going on? I don't think so.

Yes, they know.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 03:11:15 am »

Yes, they know.
Have they said anything about it yet?
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline PA4TIM

• Super Contributor
  • instruments are like rabbits, they multiply fast
    • PA4TIMs shelter for orphan measurement stuff
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 10:03:18 am »
Why you want Rigol Techs ? I have a bunch of Tek scopes and a Hameg DSO. I have it for 2 years now, and I would not know why I should/want use a Hameg forum monitored by Hameg Teks. When I had it for a few days I had a question because I had the latest firmware but used the manual I had downloaded from an older version. What I wanted to know was in the paper manual that came with the scope) I phoned the Dutch Hameg/R&S office and they gave me the answer .
www.pa4tim.nl my collection measurement gear and experiments Also lots of info about network analyse
www.schneiderelectronicsrepair.nl  repair of test and calibration equipment
https://www.youtube.com/user/pa4tim my youtube channel

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
Why you want Rigol Techs ? I have a bunch of Tek scopes and a Hameg DSO. [...] I phoned the Dutch Hameg/R&S office and they gave me the answer.

Comparing apples and oranges here.
If you tried phoning Rigol, you'd know.

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2013, 03:24:10 pm »
Why you want Rigol Techs ? I have a bunch of Tek scopes and a Hameg DSO. [...] I phoned the Dutch Hameg/R&S office and they gave me the answer.

Comparing apples and oranges here.
If you tried phoning Rigol, you'd know.
Oh dear. I tried before. That was not a pretty scene.
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline Teneyes

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2013, 06:19:46 pm »
I have had great support , here's a note
=========================
Dear Sir
  OK,I agree with you ,will check with R&D .
  Maybe 57600 is right ,then just need change internal programme .
  Any further questions please feel free to contact me .
Best regards,
---------------------------------
Vivien Liu/???
Marketing Department
RIGOL Technologies,INC.
TEL:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email:xxixxxxxxxxx
http://www.rigol.com
=============================

FW fixed
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:21:28 pm by Teneyes »
IiIiIiIiIi  --  curiosity killed the cat but, satisfaction brought it back

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2013, 08:44:28 pm »
I'm currently trying to get the latest firmware for my DM3068 from Rigol. Here is the site to get firmware from. Everything on it except the digital multimeters. Also great confusion between the International, the North-American and the European website. Just great. Why can't they just put all the firmware versions online?

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2013, 11:06:28 pm »
I'm currently trying to get the latest firmware for my DM3068 from Rigol. Here is the site to get firmware from. Everything on it except the digital multimeters. Also great confusion between the International, the North-American and the European website. Just great. Why can't they just put all the firmware versions online?

I can tell you what is the reason, I talked to an apps.person from Rigol EU Office (via phone  :o)
EU office currently handle request manually. Reason is that several Hardware or Firmware Versions are not upgradable or the update has to be done in a
specific way. If they post latest FW on the Website you can imagine what happens, even if you give additional instructions. yes... a lot of request because something went wrong or a Firmware upgrade is done on a unit which is not capable of.
They promised to improve Firmware updates to be save in Futur and afterwards they will post for download.

Offline Co6aka

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2013, 11:51:23 pm »
There's not even an "option" to request firmware for the DM3068 on Rigol's site, and they haven't responded to my THREE requests for an update.

Also, it took me quite a while to explain the issues I was having with my Rigol products because I had to figure out how to dummy myself down to their level and use layperson-words. I don't expect that if Rigol actually set up some forum somewhere that they'd actually staff it with the technically competent; that'd cost way too many Yuan. And FWIW I'm not singling out Rigol, my life-experience is that's typically the case: those folks are essentially front-line defensive tackle.
Co6aka says, "BARK! and you have no idea how humans will respond."

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2013, 12:21:56 am »

An "official" support forum, in the clear, accepting open posts isn't something a lot of companies are going to want simply because of the potential bad publicity of dissatisfied customers ranting and raving and posting hacks to open up products and the like. Most simply want a problem ticket type approach, phone, or email tech support so the dirty laundry isn't aired in full public view.  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline PA4TIM

• Super Contributor
  • instruments are like rabbits, they multiply fast
    • PA4TIMs shelter for orphan measurement stuff
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2013, 08:37:03 am »
As far as I know Keithly, Fluke and agilent do have forums.
www.pa4tim.nl my collection measurement gear and experiments Also lots of info about network analyse
www.schneiderelectronicsrepair.nl  repair of test and calibration equipment
https://www.youtube.com/user/pa4tim my youtube channel

Offline con-f-use

• Supporter
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2013, 10:29:12 am »
Reason is that several Hardware or Firmware Versions are not upgradable or the update has to be done in a
specific way.

Thank you TomThomas for the info. Before someone asks: Cal is from Aug 20, 2013 bought it two weeks later and yes, 01.01.00.01.07.00 is the firmware that came with it.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 05:58:23 pm by con-f-use »

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2013, 09:31:12 pm »
Reason is that several Hardware or Firmware Versions are not upgradable or the update has to be done in a
specific way.

Thank you TomThomas for the info. Before someone asks: Cal is from Aug 20, 2013 bought it two weeks later and yes, 01.01.00.01.07.00 is the firmware that came with it.

I would suggest you request the Firmware on http://www.rigol.eu/tech-support/ -> fill out the contact tech support form and enter your request under description. should work within a few days

Offline marmad

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2013, 09:33:00 pm »
I would suggest you request the Firmware on http://www.rigol.eu/tech-support/ -> fill out the contact tech support form and enter your request under description. should work within a few days

Never had any problem getting firmware updates through my Rigol dealer.

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2013, 09:39:15 pm »
There's not even an "option" to request firmware for the DM3068 on Rigol's site, and they haven't responded to my THREE requests for an update.

Also, it took me quite a while to explain the issues I was having with my Rigol products because I had to figure out how to dummy myself down to their level and use layperson-words. I don't expect that if Rigol actually set up some forum somewhere that they'd actually staff it with the technically competent; that'd cost way too many Yuan. And FWIW I'm not singling out Rigol, my life-experience is that's typically the case: those folks are essentially front-line defensive tackle.

sorry to ask, but you wrote they did not respond but it took you a while to explain your issues? to whom? if they didn't respond? As I'm no native english speaker I did understand somethings wrong ? 

Offline TomThomas

• Contributor
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2013, 09:42:57 pm »

Never had any problem getting firmware updates through my Rigol dealer.

this strongly depends who is your dealer.
My first way was also to my dealer but he forwarded me to Rigol EU. This way worked for my DSA fw.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf