Author Topic: Keithley 2001 calibration error 440  (Read 1541 times)

Offline bsonTopic starter

• Supporter
Keithley 2001 calibration error 440
« on: March 26, 2018, 02:06:26 am »
I've been trying to calibrate my K2001 with B17 firmware to match my Keysight 34465A - absolute accuracy doesn't matter to me, but I'd like the readings to match for convenience, and want the extra precision to implement calibration routines (and multilinear regression analysis) for (of) a 16 bit DAC.  I go through the comprehensive calibration, all of which succeeds, enter the dates, and then when I hit enter to store it get an error 440, described as "Calibration not complete" in the calibration manual.  Wut.  :-//

Anyone have any ideas?  I set the dates to 3/25/14 and 3/25/15 respectively, just because it insists on putting something there.

Drove it through the front panel...  Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Hmm, is there a hardware write lock jumper...?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 02:08:31 am by bson »

Offline TiN

• Super Contributor
    • xDevs.com
Re: Keithley 2001 calibration error 440
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2018, 01:48:39 pm »
No, if you poked CAL button near F/R switch, there are no other locks for calibation. Did you follow procedure as manual requires? For standard comprehensive cal on 2001 you need 4-wire short, 2VDC, 20VDC, 20 kOhm 4-wire resistance and 1 Megaohm 2-wire resistance. Watch closely on easy step, as error (e.g. value out of range) might flash just before going to next step. So if you looked away in between steps, you might not notice calibration failure on specific step. If you have GPIB interface, you can read error code/description by executing :SYST:ERR? command after each step.

Does meter pass self-test multiple times? 2-wire zero resistance readings look good? (ohms in this test might indicate faulty/dirty F/R switch). Your DC voltage and resistance standards are stable enough?
YouTube | Metrology IRC Chat room | Let's share T&M documentation? Upload! No upload limits for firmwares, photos, files.

Offline bsonTopic starter

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2018, 07:22:14 pm »
Yeah, I did all of them including the automatic AC cal.  I've tried a second time with the same result.  No self test or other issues, it just refuses to store the data after calibration.

Offline websterd

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 06:41:07 pm »
Did you ever get a solution for this issue? Same problem for me. I'm quite sure I did every step properly along the way, entered the dates, and get the 440 error every time.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf