Author Topic: Korad KA3305P Programming Software  (Read 9788 times)

Offline taran72Topic starter

Korad KA3305P Programming Software
« on: June 16, 2018, 05:35:31 pm »
I bought a Korad KA3305p dual channel power supply.
I really like this product but I am having serious issues in using its software to program the output from the PC.
I tried v6.0 on a Windows XP and was working pretty well except for not allowing parallel operation. Then I tried the software on another 3 different laptops running on Windows 7 and it wasn't working at all.
Once the company rolled out v6.1 I updated the version on XP and now that one is not working either!

I was wondering if someone has had issues with this product and if there are other third-party software packages and devices or languages that I can use (Python with Raspberry PI, Matlab, etc...).

Offline Qw3rtzuiop

• Regular Contributor
Re: Korad KA3305P Programming Software
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 06:07:46 pm »
You can control it via the serial port. Here are the commands: http://cdn-reichelt.de/documents/datenblatt/D400/RND_320-KAXXXX_COMMANDS.pdf

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 01:17:37 pm »
Qw3rtzuiop, thanks!
I am not familiar with serial port commands....and wouldn't know how to communicate them to the device.
I realize I am not savvy and need some type of software that would do the job for me :)
I need to program the outputs of the power supply on a certain duty-cycle and be able to store the data at the same time. This is why I was thinking some alternate software.

Offline Qw3rtzuiop

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 03:58:34 pm »
AFAIK there is no software available that let you set a duty cyle and store the data.
But you can write your own with python, matlab, labview.....

But if youre searching for "KA3005P software" you will find a lot of stuff.

btw
Have you seen this?:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/korad-ka3005p-software-update/

The following users thanked this post: taran72

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »
I will check that software. The software for the KA3005p from the manufacturer works fine on XP. I need to try it on Windows 7.
If I can only find the software version 6.0 or earlier for the KA3305P would be great.
I have already sent an email to the company and waiting for an answer. I will share any new information.

Offline HoracioDos

• Frequent Contributor
  • Just an IT monkey with a DSO
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2018, 11:16:29 am »

The following users thanked this post: taran72

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 02:32:10 am »
Thank you very much for the code.
I reached out to the distributor and they didn't have v6.0 that works on WindowsXP: for now, I am using the software for the single channel model KA3005p that allows me to program the output.
I reached out to Korad but I am not sure I will get an answer.
In the meantime, I am learning Python so hopefully, I will find a way to program this power supply. :)
Thank you all for your contributions. :)

Offline HoracioDos

• Frequent Contributor
  • Just an IT monkey with a DSO
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2018, 02:08:38 pm »
I reached out to the distributor and they didn't have v6.0 that works on WindowsXP: for now, I am using the software for the single channel model KA3005p that allows me to program the output.
Hello!
Which is the latest version that you've found? Do you have a download link?
Thanks in advance!

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2018, 01:02:53 am »
the last version I have is 6.1 that comes with the CD and can be downloaded from the company website at https://www.sra-shops.com/korad-ka3305p-programmable-precision-variable-adjustable-30v-5a-dc-triple-linear-power-supply-digital-regulated-lab-grade.html

I also reached out to Korad and explained the problem: they want to see what happens. I will make a video of the software running on Windows XP and Window 7 and send it to them.
I will post an update as soon as I have it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf