Author Topic: LCD Oscilloscope with Good Colour Screenshot Export Facility?  (Read 888 times)

Offline Chris56000Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
LCD Oscilloscope with Good Colour Screenshot Export Facility?
« on: December 16, 2017, 07:56:23 pm »
Hi!

Having seen many, many of the high-quality Colour Oscilloscope Screenshot Exports posted on here dealing with PSU and TE faults, etc., can anyone suggest an inexpensive model with colour screenshot export (available used or "parts/repair") I can look for please?

I'm looking for something not more than 100MHz BW, 2 channels will be adequate, (I wouldn't say no to 4 if I can find one whose price isn't stratospheric!) - (I realise the chance of getting the proverbial "simple psu fault" one cheap is virtually nil as everyone wants such!!), can anyone give me ideas of brands, models and an approx. idea of the maximum I ought to pay for a faulty one?

Use is for fault-finding low-frequency (< 100 MHz) basic Test Equipment, and basic digital circuits, no more than 15-20MHz clock.

I have to admit the Tektronix TDS210 etc., I had to use in Unipart's fleapit put me off LCD oscilloscopes a bit and I've not kept up to date on 'em! Even my current employer only provides standard CRT-Based Hameg Analogue ones!

Chris Williams
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 08:00:28 pm by Chris56000 »
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: LCD Oscilloscope with Good Colour Screenshot Export Facility?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 09:18:18 am »
Rigol DS1054Z.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: LCD Oscilloscope with Good Colour Screenshot Export Facility?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 10:57:09 am »
If you only need to look at wiggly lines then anything will do (even the scopes from Owon or Hantek). I'd buy a new one though because the older models from A-brands with a TFT screen tend to have disk-drives instead of USB and be more expensive. If you want to document behaviour of devices then it might be worth to look at MicSig TO1000 series. These can record a video from what is on screen. For some cases this can be way more self explaining than a series of static slides.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf