Author Topic: Lecroy options -=recovery=-  (Read 73317 times)

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
Re: Lecroy options -=recovery=-
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 08:15:28 am »
Thanks, that did it!  :-+

Offline eb4eqa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2018, 05:52:14 pm »
 :-+

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2018, 02:55:52 pm »
btw, for Windows scopes, you can access the Service menu with code 9472... (and delete options from there...)
As said... be careful, you can screw up quite a few things from there...   >:D

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 03:51:53 pm »
btw, for Windows scopes, you can access the Service menu with code 9472... (and delete options from there...)
As said... be careful, you can screw up quite a few things from there...   >:D

Can you add them from the service manual as well?  ;)
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 04:27:13 pm »

obviously not...   8)

The following users thanked this post: Jwalling

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 04:57:50 pm »
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2018, 06:17:05 pm »

obviously not...   8)

Pity...

indeed...  ;-
but well... this is why this tool exists...  :-/O

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2018, 09:17:44 am »
Does anyone know the option code for the Waverunner 2 sample memory configuration? I want to enable the full 8MB memory.

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2018, 02:36:50 pm »

WR2 had M and L memory options as far as I know... (VL was for WavePro's)

L option is 01-00000002

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2018, 02:44:59 pm »
Plus, the higher-end 374 and 584 had a 4MPts/ch option, whereas the other models could only get 2MPts/ch.
My guess is that the 4MPts option is the same as -VL, i.e. 01-00000004, but is likely not to work or even to cause trouble on non 374+ models.

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2018, 07:03:25 pm »
Got a LT374M today, which has 1MB per channel. Made sure first that there was no option with sample memory definition, and then tried 01-00000002 for L and 01-00000004 for VL. No change in the reported memory size (still 1MB). VL gave me WPVL in the option list but that's it.

The sample memory codes for Waverunner must be completely different from the ones for the Wavepro. My LT374M had one option (MC01) and validate shows the option code is for MC01 only. That means with no option code which sets sample config the scope has M. Strange.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 07:08:29 pm by Mr Nutts »

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2018, 10:11:11 pm »
until now, sampling memory options have always been using the 0x01 flags... I don't believe WR2's are different... but maybe the WR2 had to be ordered with the required memory, I'm not 100% sure it was 'software' upgradeable back then... I think it was for the WP9xx, but that doesn't mean it was the same for the WR2...

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2018, 06:32:26 am »
As far as I know the Waverunner 2 comes with full sample memory,same as Wavepro. I looked into the service manual and did a search here (there is a member with a strange user name who seems to really know these scopes inside out and who seems to have provided most of the information about them, but it appears he has been banned?), and everything I found confirms that the sample memory size is software configurable as on the Wavepro.

I probably should try higher option code numbers, i.e 01-00000010, but to test them out like that will take forever.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2018, 08:10:57 am »
As far as I know the Waverunner 2 comes with full sample memory,same as Wavepro. I looked into the service manual and did a search here (there is a member with a strange user name who seems to really know these scopes inside out and who seems to have provided most of the information about them, but it appears he has been banned?), and everything I found confirms that the sample memory size is software configurable as on the Wavepro.

I probably should try higher option code numbers, i.e 01-00000010, but to test them out like that will take forever.
Yeah it sucks that Wuerstchenhund was banned as he had a hell of a lot of knowledge to offer this forum about high end scopes and LeCroy in particular. Last I heard he'd asked to beta test SDG6000X so hopefully he's had the opportunity to add his expertise into Siglent products.

Shame others here wouldn't just listen to what he had to say instead of taking it personally.  :-//
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: cs.dk, AlfBaz

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2018, 02:21:48 pm »
Yeah it sucks that Wuerstchenhund was banned as he had a hell of a lot of knowledge to offer this forum about high end scopes and LeCroy in particular.

on the other hand, he probably wouldn't have been too happy with this thread... from what I saw, he was not too keen giving out any information around this 'touchy' subject...

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 08:23:19 am »
Yes, Wurstunhund was that guy's name. I guess there's probably a good reason why he's been banned, couldn't find anything wrong with the messages he posted, though, and I like how he explained things in a way which even I understand (some topics I found are still way above my level). I did learn a lot about lecroy scopes.

Anyways, I'll probably try some higher numbered codes in 01-. Or can this damage my scope? I don't wanna brick it!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 08:27:11 am by Mr Nutts »

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2018, 07:43:23 pm »

I don't think there's any logic to prevent tampering (with option keys) in the PowerPC firmware (but I might be wrong...). Situation is different for Windows, although no one could ever say under what conditions something bad would happen... 

To me, the only other option you can try is 01-00000008 (XL), but I just saw an LT584L popping up on Ebay (it has a 'LT584L' label above the display)... and I've never seen Lecroy giving specific model names for 'options' that could be field-enabled (i.e. by key), unless otherwise proven, I'm still not convinced that all memory upgrades are possible via key on the WR2...

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2018, 03:33:17 am »
Don't think memory upgrades were ever sold as field upgradeable for any of those scopes, including the Wavepro.  I believe they had to go back to lecroy where the front sticker was changed to reflect the new config.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2018, 12:00:07 am »
FYI
Lecroy has requested that this thread be removed.
I have told them no, as no Copyrighted material has been stored on this server.
Not a good look for Lecroy.

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2018, 11:28:22 am »
And it only took them 9 months to find this thread  :-DD

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2018, 12:11:46 pm »
Quote from: Mr Nutts
Yes, Wurstunhund was that guy's name. I guess there's probably a good reason why he's been banned, couldn't find anything wrong with the messages he posted, though, and I like how he explained things in a way which even I understand (some topics I found are still way above my level). I did learn a lot about lecroy scopes.
He was a fantastic guy, helped me a lot with my LeCroys. Then a couple fanboys of other brands started intense arguments over nit-picking specs
that never ended ... Unfortunately, Mr Wurst wouldn't ignore them, and seems he paid the price. He's still out there somewhere :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2018, 12:20:52 pm »
FYI
Lecroy has requested that this thread be removed.
I have told them no, as no Copyrighted material has been stored on this server.
Not a good look for Lecroy.
Not to mention people here are discussing ancient 10 years+ old scopes. Long out of active support.
If they wanted brand promotion, they should give for free unlock codes for old out of support scopes...
I don't see that making a dent in to their sales to their customer base...

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2018, 01:06:02 pm »
Quote from: 2N3055
... If they wanted brand promotion, they should give for free unlock codes for old out of support scopes... 
They did !? There is a LeCroy owners / users group in Yahoo groups. There are many posts on how to max out all the old LeCroys.
I've bought several kits (memory / PALs etc) from members there, often very cheap ie $15 for a complete maths set.
If you search "Wuerstchenhund Lecroy" there are still all the original helpful posts.
No idea why they're hassling EEVBlog now? It's all old news.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2018, 02:09:11 pm »
He was a fantastic guy, helped me a lot with my LeCroys. Then a couple fanboys of other brands started intense arguments over nit-picking specs
that never ended ... Unfortunately, Mr Wurst wouldn't ignore them, and seems he paid the price. He's still out there somewhere :-)

I've seen a few of those threads, didn't look like anything more than (ok slighly heated) discussions on technical grounds. And this can get you banned????  :-//

Anyways, there seems to be a guy with a similar name on another forum, I'll see if it's him and if he is then he'll even might help me getting more memory out of my old scopes   ;)

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2018, 08:19:39 pm »

I've seen a few of those threads, didn't look like anything more than (ok slighly heated) discussions on technical grounds. And this can get you banned????  :-//

Anyways, there seems to be a guy with a similar name on another forum, I'll see if it's him and if he is then he'll even might help me getting more memory out of my old scopes   ;)
Would you mind popping a link to it up so those that need big W's advise can find him ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf