Author Topic: Lecroy options -=recovery=-  (Read 73326 times)

Offline abraxa

• Frequent Contributor
  • Sigrok associate
Re: Lecroy options -=recovery=-
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2018, 08:45:26 pm »
FYI
Lecroy has requested that this thread be removed.
I have told them no, as no Copyrighted material has been stored on this server.
Not a good look for Lecroy.
Not to mention people here are discussing ancient 10 years+ old scopes. Long out of active support.
If they wanted brand promotion, they should give for free unlock codes for old out of support scopes...
I don't see that making a dent in to their sales to their customer base...

They do still very much sell the options for those who want/need it, though. Allowing customers to get options for "free" certainly does make some think twice whether they will ask Teledyne LeCroy for a quote or not.

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »

FYI
Lecroy has requested that this thread be removed.
I have told them no, as no Copyrighted material has been stored on this server.
Not a good look for Lecroy.
Not to mention people here are discussing ancient 10 years+ old scopes. Long out of active support.
If they wanted brand promotion, they should give for free unlock codes for old out of support scopes...
I don't see that making a dent in to their sales to their customer base...

Up to some early 8.x version (and from PowerPC models...), the stuff this thread is about allows generating keys for almost ANY past and current models... so no wonder they’re somewhat pissed off... although people thinking of using rogue keys would typically not consider buying those a single second, so the ‘real’ loss should be fairly limited...
But Lecroy perfectly knew their license stuff was ‘getting old’, and they seriously changed it in newer software versions, so that should also make all this somewhat less critical...

Advanced hobbyists have always wanted to use real men’s gear, with all the options, and not a single brand (unless maybe the more ‘exotic’ ones, like R&S, exotic for scopes...) has been left unhacked, at least for the models that become ‘affordable’ for these ‘advanced’ hobbyists on the 2nd hand market... and that trend is not gonna stop anytime soon...  >:D

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2018, 10:48:06 am »
Would you mind popping a link to it up so those that need big W's advise can find him ?

https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/blog/a-new-beginning.1137/

Hope this doesn't get me banned now  :scared:

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2018, 11:44:18 am »
oooooo nice site ... just got a new member :-) thanks
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline slbender

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2018, 06:38:36 am »
Hi, my Lecroy 9450A which I believe is about 30 years old ( maybe more ) and I read that there is a gal options upgrade which supports, and allows FFT, something which I would like to do.  But it seems I cannot locate the file to program a gal at this point.

Supposedly this code and file it was given out by Lecroy years or decades ago, and the gal ends in the #02 for the FFT WP02 function.  Anyone know where it is at?  I believe my 866 programmer can make the proper gal part, if I can find both the gal part number and that old program file.  Can anyone locate that upgrade?

-thanks,

Steven

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2018, 06:53:20 am »
They're over at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/LeCroy_Owners_Group/files/9410-20-30-50%20Series%20GAL%20Files/

But I'll attach them in case you don't have access.

Offline MilkmanCDN

• Contributor
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2018, 08:37:10 pm »
Hello,

I'm looking for a x64 bit Xstream software package v8.1.2.0.   Please PM me if you can share.

Many thanks in advance.

Offline Marchello

• Contributor
« Reply #57 on: August 01, 2018, 09:50:10 am »
Hello,

I'm looking for a x64 bit Xstream software package v8.1.2.0.   Please PM me if you can share.

Many thanks in advance.

Hello!

And me too, please!
I have v8.1.0.1 and v8.3.0.7 and i need all versions between

BR
Mark

Offline bartver

• Contributor
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2018, 05:52:51 am »
Hello,

Just a few days ago i bought a Wavepro 725Zi. Great !
But, when i couldn't get the thing to run 40GS/s I started searching for the problem, and discovered that the software actually shows it is an 715Zi.
The max samplerate of a 715Zi is 20GS/s....

Is there anyway to check that the hardware is in fact a 715Zi , or that i have a 725Zi and someone used a 715Zi diskimage after a HD crash ?
I already cloned the disk en did a recovery, but that does noet help. the recovery is essentially a Windows Vista Image, and the software is reinstalled from the D: drive which remains intact during recovery, so it still shows as a 715Zi.

Maybe some HW ID via service menu or so ?

Any thoughts ?

Tnx, Bart

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2018, 09:58:43 am »
Could anyone have a look if we can get the bits to set memory sizes in the waverunner 2LT?

Here's an uncompressed firmware file of a lt574:
https://mega.nz/#!TbZFkKSL!3prVX1vsuCPJ80U3Dp4QtMq7FAM4GCCBwORdf-QBGBk

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2018, 07:28:49 am »
The 715Zi has 10GS/s FEs by default, while all other models have 20 GS/s FEs, so the first thing would be to check whether your 715Zi has the 4x20GS/s option or not (in the acquisition menus, you'll see what sample rates are effectively available).

In any case, I'm not too sure Lecroy really ever offered BW upgrade options for the 7Zi (it's mentioned in the data sheet, but I've never seen any BW-upgraded 7zi..., nor are any option codes mentioned for those upgrades, although there are some option IDs in the database for that...), and for the 715, this would have required the replacement of the FEs... as said, check in the acq menu what you have... If you don't have 4 x 20GS/s, you got a 'disguised' 715...  :-(

The model-ID, serial, options & Co are stored on an EEPROM on the interface card, and none of the system menus allow to perform modifications at that level (although some have managed to read & write from the chip, but it was a whole bunch more complicated than it sounds...)

One thing that can eventually confuse the software (but not about BW...this is rather 'cosmetic') is when the computer name (in Windows) doesn't match the scope's serial.

Would be nice to have a few pics of the scope's 'About' and 'Options' screens...

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:37:49 am by darkstar49 »

Offline Mr Nutts

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2018, 09:56:08 am »
The 715Zi has 10GS/s FEs by default, while all other models have 20 GS/s FEs, so the first thing would be to check whether your 715Zi has the 4x20GS/s option or not (in the acquisition menus, you'll see what sample rates are effectively available).

In any case, I'm not too sure Lecroy really ever offered BW upgrade options for the 7Zi (it's mentioned in the data sheet, but I've never seen any BW-upgraded 7zi..., nor are any option codes mentioned for those upgrades, although there are some option IDs in the database for that...), and for the 715, this would have required the replacement of the FEs... as said, check in the acq menu what you have... If you don't have 4 x 20GS/s, you got a 'disguised' 715...  :-(

The model-ID, serial, options & Co are stored on an EEPROM on the interface card, and none of the system menus allow to perform modifications at that level (although some have managed to read & write from the chip, but it was a whole bunch more complicated than it sounds...)

One thing that can eventually confuse the software (but not about BW...this is rather 'cosmetic') is when the computer name (in Windows) doesn't match the scope's serial.

Would be nice to have a few pics of the scope's 'About' and 'Options' screens..

Shouldn't this be discussed in a separate thread? This one is about 'recovering' software options which clearly is not the issue with this 715zi  ;)

I don't know what the rules here are but in most other forums throwing your offtopic problem in an existing thread is considered rude  :--

Or are we now discussing every lecroy related issue here?  :-//
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:02:23 am by Mr Nutts »

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2018, 07:42:04 pm »
Or are we now discussing every lecroy related issue here?  :-//

Nope... unless the problem is indeed linked to an 'evaporated' BW upgrade option...   ;-)

Offline bartver

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2018, 12:00:04 pm »
Ok,

if this is the wrong thread i apologize, but i think i'm ok here.

The 725Zi show itself in the 'about' section as 715Zi, the serialnumber shown in 'about' is just copying the systemname from windows, so if you name it 'blablabla' that will show in the scope-software.
Strangely 'about' shows no hardware and only 'HDTV' as a software option, but the licenses section does not show any keys.

On one of the screws in the back is still the 'Lecroy calibration void if removed' sticker and intact, at least i cannot detect any tampering so i think the casing is the original one. Or are these stickers available outside Lecroy ?

It starts to look like the hardware is correct, but there are no licenses active, maybe that's the reason it shows itself as the lowest version.
Does a 725Zi have a 'base'-license ?

Another thread describes all the 'btd' calibration files, i cannot find any on the D: drive, so i'm beginning to suspect a botched hd-recovery.

Is there any way to recover original licenses/original serialnumber from eeprom ? i searched the net for it but did not find it.

regards,

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2018, 08:12:44 pm »
The 7Zi series have the HDTV option enabled automatically, no key required.  The base model with no hw options is the 715Zi, the 725Zi has the LBW (low bandwidth) hardware option, the 735Zi has the MBW option, etc.

LeCroy uses LC filters to set the front end bandwidth so adding bandwidth options won't get you anything you don't already have on your acquisition board.  If you don't have a bandwidth option, however, you are limited to 10GS/s and 20GS/s rates in the horizontal setup -- so that's not a reliable way to tell what your actual hardware is.  You need the option and then to measure the actual cutoff frequency of your scope.

I've only seen the serial number revert to the hostname if there's a missing driver or it's unable to talk to the acquisition board.  Is your scope working with real signals / are you sure it's not in simulation mode?

P.S. in simulation mode it will not read your licenses from hardware so your symptoms would be consistent:  Hostname in place of serial number, no licenses visible, no LBW option so your scope reverts to the base 715Zi model.  Check the device manager and make sure all drivers are installed, particularly the the driver for the acquisition board.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:51:09 pm by ollopa »

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2018, 11:01:50 am »
The 7Zi series have the HDTV option enabled automatically, no key required.  The base model with no hw options is the 715Zi, the 725Zi has the LBW (low bandwidth) hardware option, the 735Zi has the MBW option, etc.

@bartver: be aware however, that you won't typically see these 'bandwidth' options in the scope's about screen(s)... only in 'service' mode...

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2018, 03:38:10 pm »
The BW options are still visible in the list, they just have a blank description unless viewed after logging into the service menu.

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2018, 02:17:07 pm »
I don't seem to be able to find anything at pastebin except a list of file names.  Are the files gone?  I'm not familiar with the site.

If they are gone can someone who has the files PM me?

Offline MilkmanCDN

• Contributor
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2018, 05:10:37 pm »
Has anyone tried to remove codes through the service menu?   When selecting some of the codes (I2C/SPI serial decode and others) with Flags = "01", the "Remove Key" button is grayed out.   
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 11:21:53 pm by MilkmanCDN »

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2018, 11:25:40 am »
That's right, some options flag the license as non-removable in the service menu.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 09:10:24 pm by ollopa »

Offline dxl

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2018, 08:57:11 pm »
I think you need the DEV License to be able to remove all kind of licenses.

Offline ollopa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2018, 09:12:52 pm »
I think you need the DEV License to be able to remove all kind of licenses.

:o   You're right.  I didn't know you got that power with DEV!

Offline MilkmanCDN

• Contributor
« Reply #72 on: October 18, 2018, 11:31:12 pm »
Can you remove the DEV key after installing?

Offline darkstar49

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2019, 07:05:08 am »
Can you remove the DEV key after installing?

YES ! 

Luckily... as this seems the only way to 'cleanup' demo keys and other things that appear (at the first sight) to be there for good.

The following users thanked this post: MilkmanCDN

Offline imett

• Contributor
« Reply #74 on: April 27, 2019, 06:43:04 pm »
I did, i bricked my scope with  ffffffff option.. I restore  it with a 1-wire eeprom  programmer for Dallas eeprom. :wtf:

The following users thanked this post: apblog

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf