Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 774958 times)

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #2225 on: December 30, 2018, 11:33:56 pm »
By the way, many of the cylindrical silver caps are not electrolytic but tantalum, expensive little devices.  I picked up a couple of thousand of various values from a guy who repaired Tek and HP scopes.  Let me know if you need any by PM.

Jerry

I just remember them being polarized capacitors. While i was in there i randomly measured a few in circuit and they seamed fine. Some have said they are unreliable and start to fail horribly with age. But there are so many of them in there that i don't really want to recap the whole thing unless they do start to go bad.

Do you need to replace these with genuine parts? Wouldn't a modern electrolytic do just fine?
I don't think that the colported problems apply to the hermetic ones. If the lead goes though a little glass bead, the should be ok if they measure ok.

Offline velik_kazakov

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2226 on: January 05, 2019, 04:34:17 pm »
today I make my best deal till now. On the city bazaar I grab a NI GPIB-USB-HS+ for under 3USD (5 BGN)  ;). Now I test it with one of my DMMS. All work for now w/o any problems. It write date from 3+ hours.
In the future I will be at the bazzar every Saturday morning :).
Sorry for my bad English!

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2227 on: January 07, 2019, 02:52:49 am »
today I make my best deal till now. On the city bazaar I grab a NI GPIB-USB-HS+ for under 3USD (5 BGN)  ;). Now I test it with one of my DMMS. All work for now w/o any problems. It write date from 3+ hours.
Ok, that is crazy good. Should we all visit Bulgaria?

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2228 on: January 07, 2019, 03:23:09 am »
Maybe velik will buy them all and resell in the Buy/Sell/Wanted forum. ;D
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2229 on: January 07, 2019, 03:42:02 am »

What’s the name of your city?

Offline velik_kazakov

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2230 on: January 08, 2019, 06:43:03 am »
There have only one pcs in a big lot of gsm/computer/playstation cables. I look to find something other (think will have some gpib cables) but no other interesting items in the lot.
I am in Stara Zagora, but the adapter come from Germany. There have a label on German and have some numbers on the NI logo.
I use one PCI to GPIB, but this adapter is very easy for use compared to my old one.
Sorry for my bad English!

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #2231 on: January 08, 2019, 06:47:47 pm »
I have posted it to the TEA thread but I will share here.  I scored a 2nd HP 3478A multimeter.  It has a Keysight calibration sticker until April and seller states it passes self test.  $70 USD and $28 for shipping. :-DMM  I will be peeking under the skirt to see if I can determine age of the battery.  I will also be looking at the RIFA caps as I had to replace all 4 in my first meter.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #2232 on: January 09, 2019, 12:30:06 am »
Congratulations!  :-+
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2233 on: January 09, 2019, 12:44:18 am »
I have posted it to the TEA thread but I will share here.  I scored a 2nd HP 3478A multimeter.  It has a Keysight calibration sticker until April and seller states it passes self test.  $70 USD and $28 for shipping. :-DMM  I will be peeking under the skirt to see if I can determine age of the battery.  I will also be looking at the RIFA caps as I had to replace all 4 in my first meter.
That is a meter that's perfectly possible to self calibrate, good score, I've got one and also a 3468A, the portable version  :-+
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2234 on: January 11, 2019, 10:24:44 pm »
There have only one pcs in a big lot of gsm/computer/playstation cables. I look to find something other (think will have some gpib cables) but no other interesting items in the lot.
I am in Stara Zagora, but the adapter come from Germany. There have a label on German and have some numbers on the NI logo.
I use one PCI to GPIB, but this adapter is very easy for use compared to my old one.
It occured to me right after my last post that it might not be a good idea to buy back those things that were 'lost' here, so not to encourage it.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #2235 on: January 23, 2019, 07:17:26 pm »
Wall'O'Wavepro and other assorted LeCroys

HP4192A LF impedance analyzer

Too bad somebody removed some stickers on the frontplate with a chissel or something and the trigger buttons on the bottom left got knackered but otherwise in pretty good knick. Too bad I have no time for functional testing, this thing seems like a damn nice piece of kit...

Offline wolfy007

• Regular Contributor
  • Back into electronics again, as a hobby this time.
« Reply #2236 on: January 24, 2019, 05:11:24 am »
@Ice-Tea, I was looking at my work room last night thinking that perhaps I had become a gear addict, clearly Im just a hypochondriac...  :-DD
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 05:13:10 am by wolfy007 »

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2237 on: January 24, 2019, 06:52:27 am »
Heh, well, these are all to be sold. I think. Well, maybe not all...

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2238 on: January 24, 2019, 07:09:53 am »
Heh, well, these are all to be sold. I think. Well, maybe not all...

Can only see the HP Infinium's on our local evilbay. Missing the Spec Analyzers and the Lecroys if you want to consider tweaking your adds?

Trying to be restrained is sometimes very hard when bling is on show >:D
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2239 on: January 24, 2019, 08:05:34 am »
Odd.. just did a search through the Australian ebay.. seems to work just fine? Only thing is that the postage is not filled in. Difficult to ship heavy stuff to Aus, so I tend to get custom quotes for the shipment first...

https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/m.ice-tea?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2240 on: January 24, 2019, 08:14:04 am »
Odd.. just did a search through the Australian ebay.. seems to work just fine? Only thing is that the postage is not filled in. Difficult to ship heavy stuff to Aus, so I tend to get custom quotes for the shipment first...

Seems to go kablam when you look at 'items for sale' https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.ice-tea/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= so it is most likely just your freight options. Only shows 14 items BTW not the 36 you have listed.

I will consult my fund (lack of) and see if it might get to 500Meg+ and drop you a line :palm:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2019, 08:24:18 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Calvin

• Regular Contributor
    • Calvin´s audio page
« Reply #2241 on: January 24, 2019, 08:34:58 am »
Hi,

my best score so far was a Tek576 curve tracer for free ... my former boss even picked it up for me  :)
It´s almost in mint condition, with manuals, test sockets, camera light shield and even a automatic test fixture included.
Still though not sure if I will keep or sell it, as it is quite a big and heavy thingie

regards
Calvin
..... it builds character!

The following users thanked this post: beanflying

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2242 on: January 24, 2019, 08:38:59 am »
Started putting together the bits to make this (or very similar) curve tracer http://www.paulvdiyblogs.net/2017/12/building-curve-tracer.html

Brought an old 20Meg Analogue last week and got the power supply sorted time for the real bits now. Don't really 'need' one I just think they are a cool bit of kit and I want one :)

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2243 on: January 24, 2019, 09:19:09 am »

Seems to go kablam when you look at 'items for sale' https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.ice-tea/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from= so it is most likely just your freight options. Only shows 14 items BTW not the 36 you have listed.

I will consult my fund (lack of) and see if it might get to 500Meg+ and drop you a line :palm:

I don't think I listed all items as 'australia capable'. Mostly because the logistics would make it difficult. There's a tax advantage on the more expensive items that offsets the horrible shipping.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2244 on: January 24, 2019, 09:41:43 am »
Shipping costs are just a fact of life. Our secondhand market is tiny for anything recent becomes way overpriced so importing from the USA is normal. In theory we do get slugged 10% GST over $1k (625 euro) too so up and down on the tax.

One of the not so current members has this one listed https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HP-Agilent-Infinium-54815A-4CH-500MHz-1GSa-s/173755167897?hash=item28749d7499:g:4PAAAOSwxrJcRxeO:rk:1:pf:1&frcectupt=true $1800 (+$55 post for me) yours works out to $1475 -VAT + postage so there is a chunk available for freight. Or there is a semi tested one ex USA for $1050 + post of $200'ish

Long and the short of it is don't worry about charging what the freight is we either want it or not :)

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2245 on: January 24, 2019, 10:41:09 am »
Sending you a PM :D

Offline Rémi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2246 on: January 24, 2019, 12:34:24 pm »
Do the Lecroy oscilloscopes suffer from the CL_measure_gain_and_offset error after a while when they are powered up ?
I have two of them suffering from that and I couldn't fix them until now....

Cheers

Rémi

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2247 on: January 24, 2019, 12:52:05 pm »
The LC series you mean? No. One of them just blew up, though.. :palm:

Offline Rémi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2248 on: January 24, 2019, 12:54:19 pm »

Yes I have this problem with two LC series oscilloscopes.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2249 on: January 24, 2019, 07:26:42 pm »
Then they are probably not fitted with the manual mains voltage selector. Don't ever power a Lecroy scope like the ones you have before checking whether the auto voltage selector has been removed and a manual mains voltage selector has been installed.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf