Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 775031 times)

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #2250 on: January 24, 2019, 07:28:58 pm »
Odd.. just did a search through the Australian ebay.. seems to work just fine? Only thing is that the postage is not filled in.

That is one of the VERY annoying recent "features" of Ebay. Even if you use an international website, it automatically detects your location and updates the "postage to" in the search (see screenshot). So if the seller does not add all of the shipping details to your country, you just do not see the listing any longer. Before you did get to see it, and could message the seller if he was willing to ship to your country also, but now you do not get the chance of that anymore and sometimes miss very good opportunities by that. And the worst is most sellers do not realize it, because they see their listing correctly.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
    • Freelance Hardware Engineer
« Reply #2251 on: January 24, 2019, 08:07:52 pm »
Hmm, well, actually you can set a few countries (such as AUS) specifically so that it shows up as available or whatever but that you're supposed to contact the seller for a shipment quote...

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2252 on: January 24, 2019, 10:18:42 pm »
I just had a look at your eBay store Ice-Tea. Clicking the link on my phone takes me to a site showing everything in Euros and I can see 36 items.

Copying a item number, searching that in the eBay app, seeing sellers other items, I can only see 14 items.

People have been confused that I’m happy to pay more for shipping than the item cost, but overall it was still better than other alternatives. Test equipment is really not that common down here, so we have to pay the premium. Of course, there are countries that have it a whole lot worse than us.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #2253 on: January 24, 2019, 10:25:01 pm »
There is a reason I trawl ebay.de ebay.com and ebay.co.uk even doing a 'worldwide' search items don't turn up even when using exact matches for item titles. In some cases using the ebay number will allow me to add them to my local account it won't for all due to shipping settings.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline _Wim_

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2254 on: January 25, 2019, 06:33:31 am »
There is a reason I trawl ebay.de ebay.com and ebay.co.uk even doing a 'worldwide' search items don't turn up even when using exact matches for item titles. In some cases using the ebay number will allow me to add them to my local account it won't for all due to shipping settings.

Yes, I do this also, but it is frustrating this is "necesarry". TEA could be made alot easier (and more expensive) by Ebay

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2255 on: January 25, 2019, 08:21:01 am »
Copying a item number, searching that in the eBay app, seeing sellers other items, I can only see 14 items.

I'll double check but in that could be right. I don't have everything listed for WW shipping in one form or another: for some items it's just not worth it. Or so I thought. But as I'm starting to realise: you guys are used to spending through your nose on shipping. I didn't want to include the option in some cases because I thought it would look bad: "100€ shipping for a 75€ display assembly?? DICK!!" Something like that...

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2256 on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:38 am »
I brought a $19USD HP Counter that cost me $72.25USD to ship. You really don't need to worry.

I dare anyone to top paying 400% frt cost on TEA items :palm:

The Dots made me do it  ;D

« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 10:50:23 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #2257 on: January 25, 2019, 10:48:41 am »
Those dots are nearly as evil as nixies, aren't they?

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2258 on: January 25, 2019, 04:55:28 pm »
Saw these one Ebay. Would make total sense with that stack of Wavepros..

So I bought them :)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2019, 04:59:03 pm by Ice-Tea »

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2259 on: January 26, 2019, 01:24:46 pm »
I brought a $19USD HP Counter that cost me $72.25USD to ship. You really don't need to worry.

Love that display!!

Th Chinese clone everything inexpensively. Why can’t they make cheap clones of those displays?  :'(

Offline rastro

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2260 on: January 26, 2019, 08:44:36 pm »
I think those dot-display LED's are hard to find and relatively expensive.  So the display is probably worth more than the rest of the counter.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2261 on: January 27, 2019, 07:17:13 am »

Well done. Don't deny the draw of the dotted diode display. :o
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2262 on: January 27, 2019, 07:30:16 am »
Don't all trip over one another but you will find a few HP dot displays here if you know the part numbers ;) https://www.eevblog.com/forum/buysellwanted/fs-new-test-equipment-repair-parts-hp-agilent-tektronix-fluke-etc/msg1238752/#msg1238752 I could be more specific but where is the fun in that  ;D

While not as cute as the HP numeric ones I also have a bakers dozen of alpha numeric ones in need of a job at some stage TBD I guess  :-//

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #2263 on: January 27, 2019, 07:39:42 am »
Now that's not fair. :-DD But still nice to look at.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline sorenkir

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2264 on: January 27, 2019, 04:46:23 pm »
Close-up on a HP34702A multimeter led display from 1976 with it's tiny sign display on the left:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 04:48:22 pm by sorenkir »

The following users thanked this post: rastro, bitseeker, Barbouri, lordium

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2265 on: January 27, 2019, 05:03:54 pm »
Ooh, it's one of their Mil spec displays  8)  I was expecting a row of their 5082-7xxx single digit ones (like the polarity indicator).

For heavens sake, don't break that, I doubt you'd ever find another!

P.S. I notice they've mounted the polarity display upside down to get closer spacing - it's normally a +/- 1 display.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 05:09:01 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

"Victor Meldrew, the Crimson Avenger!"

Offline MadTux

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2266 on: January 27, 2019, 07:36:44 pm »

That's a strange combination, perhaps the shittiest counter with the best display that HP had at the time. Usually only expensive, high end instruments had it, like HP 8340, 8350, 8662A/8663A and 8640B.

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2267 on: January 28, 2019, 01:37:09 am »
That's a strange combination, perhaps the shittiest counter with the best display that HP had at the time. Usually only expensive, high end instruments had it, like HP 8340, 8350, 8662A/8663A and 8640B.

Bit strange to run a 6 digit display on a 50Meg counter too? I did also get it's better specced twin too from a different source because I have a plan  >:D

Photo below was as sent by it's former owner the day after both units were plugged together on my bench pile. The Oscillator adjustment SUX, when you go near it with a stick it flinches 20 counts making setting it good luck not correct tongue angle to set it accurately. A simple unclick to split the unit flick the internal/external reference switch and I have an accurate counter locked to the GPSDO. Insert the battery section from dotty when it arrives(with new LiPo's) and I have a portable UPS counter and GPSDO  8)

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:38:49 am by beanflying »

Offline Neomys Sapiens

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2268 on: January 28, 2019, 02:29:20 am »
Well, it seems quite sure now that the little AC/DC-Electronics load will not stay with me. Why?
Because I scored a Transistor Devices DLP 50-60-1000. A bit on the massive side, but it will do until a compact H&H flies my way. That is, IF it is working or repairable. It was sold as 'untested' and was mine for 127.- all inclusive.

Maybe even better is a HP6825A 4-quadrant power supply, which is supposedly working and which did just cost me 75.- incl. postage. It is my first proper 4Q-unit and as such, it might start a series.

The following users thanked this post: Inverted18650

Offline MaxFrister

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2269 on: January 28, 2019, 05:51:53 am »
The DLP50-60-1000 is a cool unit.  I repaired one a while ago.  Mine need all the pots cleaned, the fan oiled, a couple of caps, and 1 power transistor. 

The entire base is a heavy aluminum heatsink with an amazing number of TO-3 power transistors.  I was impressed with how robust the design was.

Offline niner_007

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2270 on: January 30, 2019, 12:04:34 am »
Fluke 720A, got it today

Offline Johnny10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2271 on: January 30, 2019, 06:10:38 pm »
I just looked on IET website

Direct replacement for Fluke 720A     KVD-700 Precision Kelvin-Varley Voltage Divider Priced at $29,875.00
Tektronix TDS7104, DMM4050, HP 3561A, HP 35665, Tek 2465A, HP8903B, DSA602A, Tek 7854, 7834, HP3457A, Tek 575, 576, 577 Curve Tracers, Datron 4000, Datron 4000A, DOS4EVER uTracer, HP5335A, EIP534B 20GHz Frequency Counter, TrueTime Rubidium, Sencore LC102, Tek TG506, TG501, SG503, HP 8568B

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2272 on: February 07, 2019, 11:36:56 am »
Bought a few Tek 11801C's with matching SD-24 sampling heads. Being a sampling scope, they're only good for repetive stuff but then they are still the ducks guts. 20GHz BW *and* they double as TDR *and* you can plop in 4 modules for a total of 8 channels.

Old tech, obviously, but color display *and* touch screen. Fancy. And more responsive than more 'modern' machines.

I'm seriously considering keeping one, so the lab has a TDR handy. All the others: off to The Bay you go!

Online Berni

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2273 on: February 07, 2019, 12:03:02 pm »
Now that is a score.

I been looking for one of these for a bit, the sampling modules are easy to come by but the scope mainframe is rare. What finally turned me away from it is seeing online that the mainframes are known to be very unreliable. To top it off fixing them is difficult due to cryptic error messages and hard to find parts.

Ended up instead with a bit newer HP sampling scope with a dual 20GHz sampling module.

Offline Ice-Tea

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2274 on: February 07, 2019, 01:28:49 pm »
Well, this one seems in good shape. If the others are equally good, I'll be one happy panda. Need to test the outputs etc but looks good thus far.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf