Author Topic: Lucent RFTG KS-24019 L104C connection with Lady Heather  (Read 919 times)

Offline aero_engTopic starter

Lucent RFTG KS-24019 L104C connection with Lady Heather
« on: August 15, 2018, 05:23:27 pm »
This is my fist post and I really hope that anyone can help me with the problem I encountered.

When I completed my final aerospace engineering exams this summer I noticed that I would like to combine my newly gained degree with my previous profession as a watch and clock maker. So I purchased a Lucent RFTG that has the Rubidium (L102B) and Quartz (L104C) built in one frame. I was lucky enough to compare its performance with a bank of calibrated Caesium clocks and was baffled by its performance despite its age.

I have built an Arduino driver for an analog clock and soon I will also incorporate a digital version driven of the rubidium standard using the PicDIV micro controller. I like to have my own atomic time  ::)

Anyhow, here are my questions:

• It has a 15Dsub connector for the RS422 data traffic. The manual talks about an adaptor that has a y-configuration 1x15D-sub to 2x 9D-sub. Has anyone have a wiring diagram for this connector adaptor? or is there another way to connect this with a computer?
  • I have measured the output signals of the connector any i narrowed down the signals and the pins. however when I connect it up Lady Heather is only able to pick up the manufacturer of the GPS module which is Motorola. Does Lady Heather offer the option to connect up to this GPS module? I find it weird that it recognises the module manufacturer and yet is unable to receive any other data.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf