Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 112242 times)

Offline Dave Boechler

Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2017, 06:44:38 pm »
I just received a TO1104 yesterday and ran a few tests on it. I was worried about the responsiveness of the touch screen after watching Mike's video (great job on the video Mike!), but I think you have fat fingers or something Mike! I found the screen to be very responsive. I won't miss having pots to wear out either!  8)

I did a frequency comparison between a 10Mhz frequency standard (below the scope) and a newly purchased eBay special Berkeley Nucleonics 625A Function Generator. I found the video capture quite useful for sharing as you can see the frequency walk back and forth between the two units. Without the video it would be hard to show someone. I really like that feature. It also gave me an idea how far off my purchase was (10,000,040.80 Hz) Close enough for what I do.

I have a "modified" Rigol DS2072A and I think the quality of this is just as good if not better. Plus the portability will be great for some project I have that need the 4 channels.

Only complain I have is what others have mentioned, which is the serial options. I hope those will be included in an update soon.

DBOE

The following users thanked this post: Micsig_support, jacklee

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2017, 10:55:42 am »
If their series decode published, I would also like to know. ;)
To be or not to be, who care this question?

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2017, 11:13:10 am »
Serial decode is due out soon, I have been promised it when it arrives - will do a vid as soon as I have it.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: kado

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2017, 01:28:54 pm »
Did anyone use the FFT with good results?

I am considering upgrading my DS1052 to 1054, but I would love to have a usable FFT.

I am particularly interested in audio frequencies and harmonics.

Offline Savoyarde

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2017, 05:31:17 pm »
I did a FFT with a 5kHz Square Signal (Ch 1)

The first Pic shows the FFT Parameters (dB, retangle)
The red MATH Button shows 10dB/div and a max. Math-Freq. of  500kHz

The second Pic shows the full FFT, and the left/right Cursor Measure (red)

I hope this helps.

The following users thanked this post: dimkasta, Micsig_support

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2017, 01:19:13 am »
And something else I did not notice mentioned in any of the reviews.
Does it have any digital filters?

Offline hgjdwx

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2017, 06:41:03 am »

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2017, 09:12:46 am »
Cool, thanks a lot. Any hints on the slope? I could not find anything useful on the manuals. And I do not see an option for bandpass or notch. Can it be done with a combination of high-low? Or is it not supported?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 09:14:18 am by dimkasta »

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2017, 01:32:29 pm »
So I've the 'scope for several months now, I'm not a daily user but every few days / week I need to spend a few hours investigating circuits, normally low power chip power supplies, serial lines, clocks etc, typical frequencies range for a few MHz to several 10s of MHz.

What's it like to use...
Quite nice and easy, only needing to clear a small amount of desk space, and not root around for a power cable is great, as is the ability to take it wherever I need it (normally home or work), the thick(~4cm) tablet format  makes it an easy fit in most bags.

The screen is a nice size, interface far more responsive than Rigol, memory depth is good, being able to zoom right in from long serial packets to the fine edge detail on bit boundaries. Normally I only use 2 channels, but the channels 3 & 4 get used to sanity check other signals while I'm decoding i2c, overall still pleased with it as a purchase, and it is my 'goto' quick scope in preference to loaning a Keysight 3034 from someone.
Serial decoding is nice but still a beta feature, very stable though so I imagine it's only a few weeks away from formal release (I needed it a few days ago for a project so I asked the micsig sales team)

I do hit the occasional annoyance:
Less fan noise would be nice, it's only on a par with other lab kit, but louder than the laptop.
Fingerprints on the screen is a little annoying, and need to avoid reflections when placing it, but this is only a minor issue.
FFT is nice and quick, but markings in the frequency axis would be nice, as would be some filtering

As a light / casual 'scope user it still gets a big  thumbs up :-+ , but a daily user might find issues I've not bumped into.
If anyone has any questions feel free to reply / pm.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 03:34:57 pm by AndyP »

The following users thanked this post: kado, fishandchips

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: April 14, 2017, 09:06:54 am »
Can anyone recommend a reasonably snug fitting case for this device, possibly neoprene or similar with a probe pouch? The optional nylon "handbag" seems rather oversized at 30x41x13cm, and I haven't seen any for sale anyway.

My intention is to be able to protect it inside a carry-on or electrical tools bag.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2017, 09:19:02 am »
Can anyone recommend a reasonably snug fitting case for this device, possibly neoprene or similar with a probe pouch? The optional nylon "handbag" seems rather oversized at 30x41x13cm, and I haven't seen any for sale anyway.

My intention is to be able to protect it inside a carry-on or electrical tools bag.
Probably worth a trip to a local market or car boot sale or similar to see if there's something suitable.
I use an old Compaq laptop pouch - laptops are thinner these days so can be hard to find.
As a temporary solution, but without the probe pocket, jiffy bags work!

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #136 on: April 17, 2017, 06:51:31 am »

see the picture if it is ok for you.
JL

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #137 on: April 17, 2017, 10:01:42 am »
That is totally not what you want - it's far too bulky.
This is a mistake many manufacturers make when designing cases - they assume that you will carrying only the instrument - fine for the manufacturer's sales reps, but no good for most users.
You will always be carrying other tools, DMM, laptop etc. Different people will havewant to carry different amounts of other stuff so it makes no sense to try designing a case for the instrument + other stuff.

What you need something that :
1) Protects the instrument from damage when put inside a larger bag with other items
2) Keeps all the small accessories ( probes etc.) together with the instrument in a seperate compartment, so they don't get lost when the main compartment is open. 
3) Is absolutely no bigger than necessary to achieve the above.

See : https://youtu.be/6td9kVKWGFw?t=338

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #138 on: April 17, 2017, 04:04:52 pm »

1) Protects the instrument from damage when put inside a larger bag with other items
2) Keeps all the small accessories ( probes etc.) together with the instrument in a seperate compartment, so they don't get lost when the main compartment is open. 

That's exactly what I'm on about.

I must've watched that three or four times now, it never fails to bring a smile! That segment should be editted into a mini-vid all by itself.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #139 on: April 17, 2017, 04:51:43 pm »
Hmm, I guess I look like a di*k every now and then because I usually use a small suitcase like the one Mike shows to bring my tools.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #140 on: April 17, 2017, 08:52:28 pm »
Great video Mike! You have talent for this! Respect! :)

Offline AR

• Contributor
« Reply #141 on: April 17, 2017, 09:08:39 pm »
Does anybody know what the maximum amount of sample points used for the  FFT is .

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #142 on: April 18, 2017, 08:42:31 am »
That is totally not what you want - it's far too bulky.
This is a mistake many manufacturers make when designing cases - they assume that you will carrying only the instrument - fine for the manufacturer's sales reps, but no good for most users.
You will always be carrying other tools, DMM, laptop etc. Different people will havewant to carry different amounts of other stuff so it makes no sense to try designing a case for the instrument + other stuff.

Thanks, and i will forwarder your suggestion to our company. thanks. nice bag. :)
JL

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2017, 04:07:02 pm »
The end result case-wise for me has been a Logik brand case designed for 11.6" laptops, model number L10LBK11, costing £9.99. It's not quite as padded as I'd like, I'd have preferred neoprene sides, but it does have a pocket that just fits the four probes. It's very snug.

The AC adapter will also fit inside with the scope at the side, but a standard IEC/kettle lead cable wouldn't, but those cables are ubiquitous and robust enough to be thrown in an external carrier.

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2017, 04:19:20 pm »
The end result case-wise for me has been a Logik brand case designed for 11.6" laptops, model number L10LBK11, costing £9.99. It's not quite as padded as I'd like, I'd have preferred neoprene sides, but it does have a pocket that just fits the four probes. It's very snug.

The AC adapter will also fit inside with the scope at the side, but a standard IEC/kettle lead cable wouldn't, but those cables are ubiquitous and robust enough to be thrown in an external carrier.
Can we see a pic, with scope ?

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2017, 10:41:47 pm »
I ordered the biggest (L) version of this case for my TO1104:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Telesin-Gopro-Case-Bag-Protective-EVA-Storage-Box-For-Go-Pro-Hero-4-3-3-2/32668174656.html

I have not received it yet so can't comment on how well it fits. Maybe the foam inlay can be 'remodelled'.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2017, 11:07:27 pm »

Can we see a pic, with scope ?

Vijeo for you:

https://youtu.be/Ddoi94rfi6s

Not sure how I managed to spin that out to over five minutes, but I did.

The following users thanked this post: lukier

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #148 on: May 15, 2017, 02:33:45 pm »
I've received the Telesin case today from Aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Telesin-Gopro-Case-Bag-Protective-EVA-Storage-Box-For-Go-Pro-Hero-4-3-3-2/32668174656.html). The T1104 fits nicely after modding the foam rubber a bit with a sharp knife.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #149 on: May 15, 2017, 02:43:13 pm »
I've received the Telesin case today from Aliexpress (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Telesin-Gopro-Case-Bag-Protective-EVA-Storage-Box-For-Go-Pro-Hero-4-3-3-2/32668174656.html). The T1104 fits nicely after modding the foam rubber a bit with a sharp knife.

That looks good. I've ordered the same case for my debranded Micsig MS220T handheld scope which should fit well also. Thanks for the link.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf