Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000  (Read 112243 times)

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1000
« Reply #250 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:06 am »
That's weird. I have a TO1074 (with 28M/100Mhz license) and it has 2 fans and 2 speakers too. My guess is that yours is missing something?

Maybe after some complaints about the noise, the company decided to remove one fan to make it less noisy?

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #251 on: July 24, 2017, 12:34:09 pm »
Maybe after some complaints about the noise, the company decided to remove one fan to make it less noisy?

What about removing one speaker?  >:D

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #252 on: August 08, 2017, 06:47:31 am »
That's weird. I have a TO1074 (with 28M/100Mhz license) and it has 2 fans and 2 speakers too. My guess is that yours is missing something?

I think you're right, they do it just for decrease the noise, for the reason may be a single fan is enough to cool down.
To be or not to be, who care this question?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #253 on: October 19, 2017, 08:24:03 am »

Dear kriss2fr.

Our sales let me to tell you to contact them via email sales@micsig.com. and they want to provide you free serial bus trigger and decode. We really help you to make this video for us.

JL

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #254 on: October 25, 2017, 01:29:00 am »
Any promotion on Black Friday?
 >:D

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2017, 09:00:08 am »
where you are from? USA, you can see our Amazon shop news.

If you are UK, buy our from Telonic, they are providing a discount. they just promote our scopes in a local exhibtion.  but i do not know the discount info. if you are in UK. you can ask them.

https://www.telonic.co.uk/Micsig-TO1000-Series-Oscilloscopes-s/2049.htm

This picture is from our sales.  ;D ;D

JL

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #256 on: November 02, 2017, 03:17:09 am »
I saw Black Friday promotion has started, TO1104 with battery sells $419 which off $35 and TO1152 put HDMI and decoding function as a gift, but seems not send to Korea, so I go to the Aliexpress store, I saw the same promotion banner:

At Aliexpress, scope can send to Korea, does that mean if my friend buy from Aliexpress can get the promotion gift HDMI and decoding function? I mean, if he purchase TO1152, thanks.  :)

Offline R_G_B_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2017, 09:19:56 pm »
I managed to find a  nice compact bag for the mic Sig tablet oscilloscope..

All assesories fit neatly and it also has shoulder straps and the bag is universal. Very compact bag.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152835663736

They also sell  them at b and m bargains UK for £6
R_G_B

Offline Stefan_41

« Reply #258 on: December 30, 2017, 11:03:31 am »
Hi,

for nearly one year I am a owner of a TO1104. Since I am missing a possibility to view pdf (datasheets, schematics) I followed the discussion to get access to the software of the tbook mini. Now I teared down my device to find out.
First I was searching for a way to access the RS232 (TxD) of the SoC but with no luck (unfortunately there are 5 UARTs and of course no access to the inner Balls of the BGA).
Then I examined the eMMC hoping that there is a way to connect a SD-Card instead but with no luck either (BGA you know).
Then I hoped to find a way to switch to USB boot mode, inspired by the post of lukier:

AFAIR the firmware files are makeself archives and only do incremental update (move + new files), not the complete update of the Linux directory structure. In the newer firmware telnet seems to be removed from the startup scripts.

I bought NanoPi 2 Fire board, which is the exact same SoC and I'll be experimenting on that first. My idea is to try to boot TO1074 from SD (with my own prepared Linux) or use the USB boot mode (described in the S5P4418 manual). There must be a test point or a 0 ohm jumper on the PCB that would allow to switch the boot order (they had to program the eMMC somehow).

Once the SoC can execute external code (i.e. prepared Linux distro) one should be able to access the eMMC filesystem and enable telnet and so on. I would like to do a complete backup of the eMMC as well. If something like uBoot crashes then Micsig firmware downloads are not going to help.

To cut a long story short:
Shortening the unpopulated Jumpers J48 and J49 (located near the FPGA? U42) do the job  ;D
I can say this because the USB Descriptor (of the USB near the Power-Plug) changed appropriatly.

The next step will be to actually boot (FriendlyARM?) Linux from USB  :box:

BTW:
Did you know that it is possible to switch on the the tbook mini with disconnected Battery(electronics), i.e. without the Power Switch?
Just connect the power supply and use the internal power-on switch S6!

Offline Stefan_41

« Reply #259 on: December 30, 2017, 11:37:32 am »
For example, he got 2 speakers and 2 fans, while in mine I have one of each.

OMG, I was pretty sure I have two fans as they are bloody noisy :(. But after your comment I checked and found I only one!

Could someone on next tear down measure fan parameters (like size, voltage and possibly airflow)? I want to replace mine.

exe, I had a look at the fans because I teared down my tbook mini anyway:
  • Size: 45x45x7,5mm^3
  • MODEL: JDB4507M05
  • DC: 5V 1.1W
  • http://www.jingyangda.com/  (do they also have an English page?)
  • see also the attached picture

The following users thanked this post: exe

Offline maxwell3e10

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2018, 09:04:56 pm »
I just got the TO1104, at first glance it seems pretty nice. I particularly like the adjustable high/low pass filters. But I also have a few gripes:

1. At slow rates, 200msec/div and longer that have real-time screen scroll, the waveform memory drops from 28 Mb  to 280 kb.

2. The lowest end of the low-pass filter is 30 kHz. It would be nice to make it go much lower, even to less than 60 Hz.

The combination of these two aspects make the scope not very good for low-frequency, chart-recorder kind of measurements.

3. No multi-touch support to change scales, would've been nice.

4. Finally, the probes that come with the scope no where have a label 10X on them!

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #261 on: January 03, 2018, 10:52:20 am »
1. At slow rates, 200msec/div and longer that have real-time screen scroll, the waveform memory drops from 28 Mb  to 280 kb.
It happens if memory depth is set to Auto. You can select 28Mb from menu.

3. No multi-touch support to change scales, would've been nice.
I think, they deliberately not using multi-touch for that. There are to many objects and controls on the screen for pinch zooming to be useful.

Offline edsjac

• Contributor
« Reply #262 on: May 23, 2018, 05:56:22 pm »
After I saw some good reviews (thanks mikeselectricstuff, AndyP, nctnico, exe) I decided to buy a TO1104.

I can say that the overall oscilloscope quality is realy good. :-+  :)
I did some tests and everything seems to be working properly. I did not trying to use the hdmi connection).

I liked the touch screen and the option for use it with a mouse (very usefull in some cases!).

On the other hand, the probes shipped with the oscilloscope has 200Mhz of bandwidth (P130A). For a oscilloscope with 100Mhz of bandwidth, the probes should be at least 300Mhz to get an accurate measurements aroud the specified bandwidth. :o

I sent some suggestions to micsig to be improved on the oscilloscope software:

- the "Frequency Meter" sometimes doesn't work when the channel is changed.

- There is a bug when for example, the "PK-PK" Measure is selected. I noted it with a sinusoid of 10Mhz (1Vpp). The value of "PK-PK" changes between 992mV, 1,01V and 100mV. The 100mV value should not be displayed.  ???

- It would be good to have an option to change only the background color of the screenshots (files saved as .png) to the white or black.

- In the same way, it would be good to have a fine adjustment of the "Time Base", since it is implemented by software (of course, since if it doesn't charge to much the processor!). I noted that the change between 2ms to the next is 4ms which normally should be 5ms. I don't know why micsig made it.

- Another thing that would be excellent to have, is a package sold separately for a power quality analyzer, to get the harmonic spectrum (in a bar format) and to give the Total Harmonic Distortion. The THD could have an option to manualy select the final harmonic analyzed (like from DC up to 25th harmonic, DC up to 51th and who knows from DC until 100th). It is a very desired functionality! The power analyzer, could be a single-phase analyzer based on the IEEE Std. 1459-2010 to give the power indicators like S (apparent power), P (active power), N (non-active power), PF (power factor), S1 (fundamental apparent power), P1 (fundamental active power), Q1 (fundamental reactive power) and DPF (displacement power factor). Lastly, it would be good to have a switching losses analyzer.  8)

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #263 on: May 23, 2018, 08:13:40 pm »
Analysing switching losses is tougher than you'd think.

Anyway due to your message I wanted to see if MicSig might have something new on their website and I noticed they have a new (simple) remote control tool which doesn't need the NI Visa crap. I gave it a try and it seems to work! I think they stream the compressed video over the network and send the mouse click back to the scope. Simple but effective.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 08:26:00 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: edsjac

Offline edsjac

• Contributor
« Reply #264 on: May 24, 2018, 03:46:13 am »
Hello nctnico, thanks for your reply!

Yep, I know, it is not a simple task.
I have already been made some simulations using Matlab/simulink to do tasks like this and estimating the power losses with converters using IGBTs.

I sayed it because I saw (in the reviews) that the processing power capacity of the to1104 is good. Of course, the bandwidth of 100Mhz will limit the analisys as well the current/voltage probes accuracy/bandwidth is a critical factor (due to signal propagation delays, offsets erros of the voltage/current measurements, noises, attenuations, cable lengths, etc,  not to mention the parasitic elements with the igbt circuit, eg. the gate parasitic capacitance, the performance of the driver used, that if it is not adequate, for example, if it has a slow slew rate of the signal drive, it will increase the turn-off losses, etc) but can be a start point for a low/medium frequency switching losses analyses in some types of converters. Moreover you may need to do some manual measurements of the circuit parameters to get a resonable accuracy in the losses calculation. Additionaly, you should have the semiconductor switch parameters, like turn-on delay time, turn-off delay time, rise time and fall time. Although it can be estimated by the oscilloscope, it is recommended that you enter these parameters (from datasheet) to obtain a more accurately results. Regarding signal noise, the signal average method and the bandwidth limitation may be a good idea in some cases that you need to reduce selectively the frequencies higher than of interest. Finally it is good to remember that the type of load will influence the power losses.

In relation to the NI Visa, I agree with you, its a crap, too large (requiring more than 700MB) and does not make sense to made a small specific software (like micsig scopesuite) that need it.

Well, I am waiting if micsig will answer my suggestions.

Basically, after our discussion, I have to say that the option to change the background color of the screenshots to black/white and the "power quality analyzer" as I described earlier would be enough  :-+. Indeed, the "switching losses analyzer" would be something very specifically.

The following users thanked this post: pomonabill221

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #265 on: May 24, 2018, 11:10:23 am »
I'm a bit worried there is no software updates, nor new devices from MicSig. Hope to see both... eventually.

The following users thanked this post: edsjac

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #266 on: May 24, 2018, 12:57:07 pm »
I noted that the change between 2ms to the next is 4ms which normally should be 5ms. I don't know why micsig made it.

It seems odd that just the 5ms setting is 4ms, there are other screen shots here showing the same.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #267 on: May 24, 2018, 02:15:23 pm »
I'm a bit worried there is no software updates, nor new devices from MicSig. Hope to see both... eventually.
I don't think there is something to fix so there is no reason for an update? BTW it seems MicSig has released a 150MHz 2 channel version.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #268 on: May 24, 2018, 03:42:59 pm »
Micsig also released a differential probe priced at around $150

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #269 on: May 24, 2018, 06:09:57 pm »
I don't think there is something to fix so there is no reason for an update?

New features. Like, a standard protocol to communicate with the scope. Or faster UI. Or more settings for, say, UART decoding. I mean, of course it doesn't work worse than it used to be. But some improvements would be nice to have.

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2018, 02:15:05 am »
a standard protocol to communicate with the scope.
The firmware has a lot of mentions of SCPI functions + files so MicSig have done some work on this. No clue if they'll ever release/finish it.

Not quite as important but the web interface could do with some work. The screen capture function does actually work but not if you're in the scope app. If you're on the main menu then it works.

Code: [Select]
SCPI_Control
SCPI_CoreCls
SCPI_CoreEse
SCPI_CoreEseQ
SCPI_CoreEsrQ
SCPI_CoreIdnQ
SCPI_CoreOpc
SCPI_CoreOpcQ
SCPI_CoreRst
SCPI_CoreSre
SCPI_CoreSreQ
SCPI_CoreStbQ
SCPI_CoreTstQ
SCPI_CoreWai
SCPI_Error
SCPI_ErrorClear
SCPI_ErrorCount
SCPI_ErrorInit
SCPI_ErrorPop
SCPI_ErrorPush
SCPI_ErrorTranslate
SCPI_EventClear
SCPI_Flush
SCPI_Init
SCPI_Input
SCPI_IsCmd
SCPI_NumberToStr
SCPI_ParamBool
SCPI_ParamChoice
SCPI_ParamDouble
SCPI_ParamInt
SCPI_ParamNumber
SCPI_ParamString
SCPI_ParamText
SCPI_Parse
SCPI_RegClearBits
SCPI_RegGet
SCPI_RegSet
SCPI_RegSetBits
SCPI_Reset
SCPI_ResultBool
SCPI_ResultDouble
SCPI_ResultInt
SCPI_ResultString
SCPI_ResultText
SCPI_SystemCommTcpipControlQ
SCPI_Test
SCPI_Write

Code: [Select]
moc_SCPI_TCP.cpp
scpi_cmd_calibrate.cpp
scpi_cmd_chan.cpp
scpi_cmd_curs.cpp
scpi_cmd_disp.cpp
scpi_cmd_mask.cpp
scpi_cmd_math.cpp
scpi_cmd_meas.cpp
scpi_cmd_menu.cpp
scpi_cmd_ref.cpp
scpi_cmd_samp.cpp
scpi_cmd_stor.cpp
scpi_cmd_tim.cpp
scpi_cmd_trig.cpp
scpi_cmd_wav.cpp
scpi_help.cpp
SCPI_TCP.cpp

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #271 on: June 25, 2018, 03:22:51 pm »
Micsig_support, I'm having a problem with the scope, it turns on with the adapter but it does not charge or turn on with the battery. I measured the lithium battery at 7.8V, and when turned on the charging symbol appears but not the moving bar inside the battery symbol, see pictures.

So most probably the charger board (BAT_V6X) is broken, please advice on how I can get one. I believe the scope is a bit more than a year old, I'll have to look for the invoice.

thanks

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2018, 11:19:00 am »
can you email to sales@micsig.com or america@micsig.com directly. we will reply you very soon.
JL

Offline targit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2018, 11:55:29 am »
I have an intermittent problem powering up my TO1072 , when I get it out to use (mobile field work) it refuses to power up properly, the micsig logo splashes on the screen for a second and then goes blank and refuses to power up until I supply 12volts to the power socket, then it will power up, I can disconnect external power and it will work fine from the internal battery (accurately shows a full charge). I left it running on battery for >30 minutes and the battery shows plenty of life. Once I get it back to the work shop and try to trace the problem it always seems to work just fine.
Anyone else had power up issues?

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2018, 12:11:26 pm »
Did you try pressing power button several times? I don't have scope at hand, but I remember there was some confusing behavior. Like, one press was just to show batery charge, and the second press was to actually boot the device.

I have a different issue: it randomly power ups when I plug/unplug charger from mains :(. This is annoying as it turns on when I switch off my lab (I have a central power switch).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf