Author Topic: Micsig tBook mini TO1000 serial bus trigger and decoding functions are available  (Read 10356 times)

Offline Micsig_supportTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
Dear friends,

:D :DGreetings! We are happy to announce that the serial bus trigger and decoding functions for the Micsig TO1000 series tablet oscilloscopes are now available. To obtain the upgrade, please contact an authorized distributor which you bought.

There are two serial bus decoding options available for the TO1000 series (the TO1000M series is not supported)
Package 1: UART, CAN, LIN, SPI, and I2C protocol decoding
Package 2: 1533B and 429 protocol decoding

To thank you for your support, we are offering bus decoding option Package 1 for FREE for all current and future TO1104 and TO1104 Plus owners! [/b](This promotion will last for at least one year) :popcorn: :popcorn:

Installing these upgrades is simple. First, download and upgrade your firmware to version ****273, which contains the serial bus trigger function. (You can use Wi-fi to upgrade directly, it is very easy and simple).Then send your serial number to our agent via private messaging or via email to america@micsig.com or sales@micsig.com. We will reply promptly with a license code.

After you've installed your upgrade(s), we would love to see you to post comments, screenshots, and videos in this thread of the decoding options in use to gather feedback for future improvements.

We really appreciate your support, and we hope we can continue to advance our products and services to meet your needs!

Attachments are CAN functions interface for your reference.  :D :D :D
JL

The following users thanked this post: newnet, alyaromin

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
Greetings! Nice work! Excellent prices and build quality :-+

Unfortunately I jumped on the bandwagon a few days too early (judging from the date on Mike's video) and got a TO1104M which doesn't support serial decodes :( However, I managed to load the ***273 firmware by downloading upgrade_TO1104.bin firmware, renaming it upgrade_TO1104M.bin, and putting it on a flash drive. This gets me serial triggers (that work  ;D ) and licenses (listed on the license screen) for decodes  ;D ;D  but the decode traces don't ever show up, which I believe is the same behavior as if they were unlicensed. So close!

At first I thought it might be a hardware limitation due to a different FPGA or processor or something, so I compared to Mike's teardown, but that wasn't it. The next thing to draw my attention was the blocks of resistors behind the CPU, one of which is labeled "Ver." Very interesting  :D Can you tell me if I'm on the right trail? Or possibly wasting my time on account of a significant hardware difference I haven't noticed yet?

EDIT: Same for wifi. The module is installed, it says I have a key, but I can't actually use it.

/shameless
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 03:58:41 am by jjoonathan »

The following users thanked this post: nemo_omen

Offline pcbroute

• Contributor
Hello!
Is a Great news. Just installed new Firmware by WiFi, it looks very good, i want it.
Micsig Big Thanks! and Regards to You )
My SN 310000431.

The following users thanked this post: newnet

Offline pcbroute

• Contributor
It work, i see DATA )

Offline lukier

• Supporter
    • Homepage
At first I thought it might be a hardware limitation due to a different FPGA or processor or something, so I compared to Mike's teardown, but that wasn't it. The next thing to draw my attention was the blocks of resistors behind the CPU, one of which is labeled "Ver." Very interesting  :D Can you tell me if I'm on the right trail? Or possibly wasting my time on account of a significant hardware difference I haven't noticed yet?

Interesting! I brought the subject of the -M version differences before, in the main thread, but got no reply. Therefore I bought 1074 non-M. So you are saying hardware-wise the -M version is identical (SoC, DDR memory chips, FPGA model and grade etc) to the non-M version?

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
I have only checked the big items so far. CPU, FPGA, DRAM, wifi module, etc. So far, it looks identical. Pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/5s9Hkz8IBj88eKBn2

Of particular interest are the blocks of resistors in back of the CPU labeled "Ver." I can't see that bit very well in Mike's video and would be very interested in comparing to someone who had a different device version.

EDIT: see other thread. The serial decodes aren't being blocked by a version check, I just didn't have the licenses installed like I thought I did.

@micsig You sure you don't want my money?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 04:37:32 pm by jjoonathan »

Offline nemo_omen

Micsig. Thank you for your continuing customer support. In the days where most companies consider customer support a financially loosing endeavor (AFTER THEY MADE THE SALE!), it is refreshing to see that there are still some that care about that aspect of the business.

Regards,

Stan

• Regular Contributor
Hello, It is highly appreciated that you can share your bus decode when you get the license.  ;D ;D
JL

Offline newnet

• Contributor
What's a exciting  news!  I have lost no time in upgrading the new v..273 firmware, now the bus decoding fuctions are waiting for their license. Could I get that of Package 1 for my Micsig? Its SN is 310000304.

Thanks and Best Regards to You ?)

• Regular Contributor
What's a exciting  news!  I have lost no time in upgrading the new v..273 firmware, now the bus decoding fuctions are waiting for their license. Could I get that of Package 1 for my Micsig? Its SN is 310000304.

Thanks and Best Regards to You ?)

can you take me picture to show your info? We need to know your Model number.  :)
JL

Offline newnet

• Contributor
Sorry that I didn't give the Model number. I thought it's the same as pcbroute's because of the samilar SN.
My TO1000 tablet model number is TO1074, upgraded bandwidth to 100MHz.
I'd love to share the bus decode after I get the license. ;D

Best Regards.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:17:06 am by newnet »

• Regular Contributor
Sorry that I didn't give the Model number. I thought it's the same as pcbroute's because of the samilar SN.
My TO1000 tablet model number is TO1074, upgraded bandwidth to 100MHz.
I'd love to share the bus decode after I get the license. ;D

Best Regards.

Hello, I send you the code by message.
JL

Offline newnet

• Contributor
Hello, I send you the code by message.

Thanks a lot!
I've got the license code and finished the installation successfully. All functions in Package 1 are now avilable, 2 decode lines appear. Great micsig!  :-DD
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:13:30 pm by newnet »

Offline newnet

• Contributor
One more picture to show the working screen, is just a demo with noise (no input).

• Regular Contributor
Dear customer, our free bus decode for TO1104 now is ended to the end of Nov. pls kind notice that.  thank very much for your support.

If you need this function, pls contact us or your vendor to get more info.
JL

Offline Lancair

To thank you for your support, we are offering bus decoding option Package 1 for FREE for all current and future TO1104 and TO1104 Plus owners! [/b](This promotion will last for at least one year) :popcorn: :popcorn:
August 2017 until end of November 2017...? Looks like a "very short year" somehow... >:D.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 02:34:15 am by Lancair »

Offline Rob_R

Hi Micsig

I bought a T1104 (advertised with decoders) on the 16th Nov ... but have yet to receive it , and the delivery date is quoted as 28th Nov , but of course may run into December.

I'm assuming I should be okay as I did purchase in November.

Will I need to contact you with serial no etc , or will they be pre enabled ?.

cheers Rob.

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
Hi Micsig

I bought a T1104 (advertised with decoders) on the 16th Nov ... but have yet to receive it , and the delivery date is quoted as 28th Nov , but of course may run into December.

I'm assuming I should be okay as I did purchase in November.

Will I need to contact you with serial no etc , or will they be pre enabled ?.

cheers Rob.

I think your TO1104 should be pre enabled.
To be or not to be, who care this question?

• Regular Contributor
hello, you can email to sales@micsig.com when you get the scope.  :)
JL

Offline Rob_R

Hi JL

I'm trying to enable the serial/decode functions on my T01104.

According to an email I sent to Jelin Wei in sales,asking how to verify them ,my decodes are not enabled.

I sent my serial number to Jelin Wei a few days ago but have not heard nothing back.

Will I need to purchase these decode functions , if so where from?.

Rob

« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 11:16:03 am by Rob_R »

• Regular Contributor
how about your bus decode now, i think it should be solved.  :) :)
JL

The following users thanked this post: Rob_R

Offline benst

• Regular Contributor
Is is possible to do Manchester decoding? Specifically looking at the OpenTherm protocol.

Thanks,
Ben
I hack for work and pleasure.

Offline Rob_R

All enabled now  .. thankyou.

Took a little time ,but we got there in the end. :).

Offline DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
 :-Xwrong thread.  :palm:
but, if Micsig is still monitoring.
In regards to the STOline, it would make it even better if you could make the 256 grading feature valid for one of the X or Y knobs at the top-right, perhaps thrue the shift button, as the grading' both in native colorscale and in CCT-mode are a vital feature I use a lot and the X & Y knobs are mostly used for cursors.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 06:55:16 am by DaneLaw »

Offline alyaromin

Dear friends,

:D :DGreetings! We are happy to announce that the serial bus trigger and decoding functions for the Micsig TO1000 series tablet oscilloscopes are now available. To obtain the upgrade, please contact an authorized distributor which you bought.

There are two serial bus decoding options available for the TO1000 series (the TO1000M series is not supported)
Package 1: UART, CAN, LIN, SPI, and I2C protocol decoding
Package 2: 1533B and 429 protocol decoding

Installing these upgrades is simple. First, download and upgrade your firmware to version ****273, which contains the serial bus trigger function. (You can use Wi-fi to upgrade directly, it is very easy and simple).Then send your serial number to our agent via private messaging or via email to america@micsig.com or sales@micsig.com. We will reply promptly with a license code.

After you've installed your upgrade(s), we would love to see you to post comments, screenshots, and videos in this thread of the decoding options in use to gather feedback for future improvements.

We really appreciate your support, and we hope we can continue to advance our products and services to meet your needs!

Attachments are CAN functions interface for your reference.  :D :D :D

Thank you!
That helped. I asked Micsig sales to send me a license code Now uart on my TO1104 works.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf