Author Topic: Micsig Technical Support join in EEVblog  (Read 27746 times)

Offline Micsig-supportTopic starter

Micsig Technical Support join in EEVblog
« on: March 09, 2015, 06:54:44 am »
Hello,guys,

1.I am a technical support engineer from Micsig.So glad to prodive effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Micsig products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

2.Micsig products include the worldwide first tablet oscilloscope and touchable handheld multifunctional oscilloscope, which are widely applicated  in the field of

aerospace, automotive, communication, military, power, education and so on. Our web site is www.micsig.com.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 06:57:28 am by Micsig-support »
Micsig-Tablet Oscilloscope Innovator

Offline Rubi Han

• Contributor
Re: Micsig Technical Support join in EEVblog
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 02:02:11 am »
Hello,guys,

1.I am a technical support engineer from Micsig.So glad to prodive effective technical support, trouble-shooting and problem solving for all Micsig products.

Also, we will appreciate if you could share your experiences and some improvement suggestions with us.

2.Micsig products include the worldwide first tablet oscilloscope and touchable handheld multifunctional oscilloscope, which are widely applicated  in the field of

aerospace, automotive, communication, military, power, education and so on. Our web site is www.micsig.com.

Guys, come over to be supportive.  :box: :-+ :

Offline sm5uiu

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2015, 09:06:45 pm »
My MS210T was missing scope probe calibration in the menus. I did a software update and now i get error message 0x0010 (or similar) during start. Noted that the hardware level has changed after update to 8.52.. before it was 8.48. (Still no probe calibration in the menus so I would need an external source for this??!!!)

I also noted that now it displays micsig in the lcd display - before update there was some other "name" that i cant remember (not micsig).

So i guess that the firmware i loaded was not compatible (i have tried factory reset no change) - guess micsig should do something to make it impossible to load wrong firmware.

First morning (a night with charger attached) the unit would not start just "beep". I had to disconnect the charger and then it started ok. Subsequent restarts with charger attached was ok.

I bought this unit in may 2015 and the box has a tag november 2014.

The drivers that are on the cd and on micsig site does not work with windows7 or 8. I had to revert to windows xp 32 bit !!!!

Micsig site is extremely slow, you will need a eu mirror.

Besides this the first impression is that the unit is to expensive 700 euro + vat.
At this price all options and software should be included.

Have mailed micsig support waiting for firmware solution. (Mailed I used the online contact form)

Later on I mailed directly sales@micsig.com and got really fast support (thanks Jelin Wei) and also firmware update (on the fly?) reload problem solved. Now for some testing...

/Sam
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 09:32:49 am by sm5uiu »

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 02:51:22 am »

/Sam
[/quote]

Can you share more your feeling for Micsig products?
JL

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 07:10:53 am »
Can I be Micsig+support?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 06:02:31 am »
Can I be Micsig+support?

Hello, welcome.

pls send us email to sales@micsig.com
JL

Offline CustomEngineerer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 09:17:40 am »
Send email for what? Though that email address does seem to confirm my suspicion that you guys are probably really sales or marketing people, not technical support.

At least that my experience with micsig so far.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 02:03:11 pm »
how much the price? you can have shit support, cheap price and good spec and you will win, like rigol...
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 02:22:04 pm »
You can have shit support, cheap price and good spec and you will win, like rigol...

Don't forget build quality. Rigols are quite solid.

You'd think they could assign a support person to read a forum like EEVBLOG though. They'd get a lot of well-informed feedback here.  :-//

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2016, 05:31:29 am »
Yes solid quality, but dont forget, shit support.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline crispy_tofu

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 05:55:57 am »

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 07:36:41 am »
Send email for what? Though that email address does seem to confirm my suspicion that you guys are probably really sales or marketing people, not technical support.

At least that my experience with micsig so far.

Dear customer, we are very sorry that we bring you bad impression. sales is our public email to customer. your question will be froward to our technology engineer.  and we will try our best to provide better service to you.
JL

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 02:11:10 pm »
I recently had a MicSig tBook  TO204A for evaluation,  and found it quite nice piece of kit.
Pros:
* For a 2GS/s 'scope with 4 channels the price was quite good
* good memory depth, allowing plenty of zoom.
* small desktop footprint. (even on a cluttered desk)
* handy large screen and clear display

Cons:
* scope probes could be better
* no trigger in or out, (so couldn't easily link to USB logic analyser.)
* missing some less important settings (but I can't remember which ones since it did what I needed)

I got to like the touch screen interface though it took a bit of getting used to.
In our case, I'd hoped 4 channels would be enough, but it looks like we'll need a mixed signal 'scope.
The serial decoder are still to come, and I didn't see an obvious segmented memory option.

Overall, a nice 'scope for the price, and I wanted it to be right for the project needs, but it didn't quite have all the features I wanted.
I look forward to a review from Dave one day.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 08:09:06 am by AndyP »

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:18:03 pm »
Micsig is selling these direct on eBay starting around $625 (or best offer), which is much more reasonable than their previous pricing from TEquipment and arguably competitive with the entry level Rigols and Siglents.

I've had the TO204A on hand for a while, and hopefully I'll be able to post a review with comparison to my unlocked DS1054z.

The following users thanked this post: Micsig

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 10:33:47 pm »
Micsig is selling these direct on eBay starting around $625 (or best offer), which is much more reasonable than their previous pricing from TEquipment and arguably competitive with the entry level Rigols and Siglents.

What ebay seller did you see these offered by -- an official MicSig account? The only MicSig scopes I see on ebay are from seller "jelinwei", who has zero feedback so far. That's on ebay.com, but checking from Germany; maybe MicSig does not offer their scopes direct here?

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 10:38:43 pm »

What ebay seller did you see these offered by -- an official MicSig account? The only MicSig scopes I see on ebay are from seller "jelinwei", who has zero feedback so far. That's on ebay.com, but checking from Germany; maybe MicSig does not offer their scopes direct here?
Yes, Jelin Wei IS a member of the Micsig team, you can email their sales department and confirm.

Offline Micsig

• Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2016, 09:47:43 am »

Yes, Jelin Wei IS a member of the Micsig team, you can email their sales department and confirm.

sorry to bring your misunderstanding. we will ask the seller to put an official certification on it. if you want to buy it, i will let ebay seller to give  you a discount. thanks.  :popcorn:

Offline Micsig

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2016, 09:49:58 am »

Micsig has a Amazon shop or pls email them to ask a local dealer name.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2016, 09:58:40 am »
I recently had a MicSig tBook  TO204A for evaluation,  and found it quite nice piece of kit.
Pros:
* For a 2GS/s 'scope with 4 channels the price was quite good
* good memory depth, allowing plenty of zoom.
* small desktop footprint. (even on a cluttered desk)
* handy large screen and clear display

Cons:
* scope probes could be better
* no trigger in or out, (so couldn't easily link to USB logic analyser.)
* missing some less important settings (but I can't remember which ones since it did what I needed)

I got to like the touch screen interface though it took a bit of getting used to.
In our case, I'd hoped 4 channels would be enough, but it looks like we'll need a mixed signal 'scope.
The serial decoder are still to come, and I didn't see an obvious segmented memory option.

Overall, a nice 'scope for the price, and I wanted it to be right for the project needs, but it didn't quite have all the features I wanted.
I look forward to a review from Dave one day.

Really thanks for your post here.
1, i forward your info to our team for probe issue.
2,could you help us to say more about your question 2? and do you get the newest firmware, we have 7 triggers now. pls email us, we will send you link.
3, can you give me some examples.

Yes,  you are right. it will take some time to used to how to operate it. but when you start to use, and you will feel it is very user friendly. welcome you to email address, and i would like to send you more info for our products method.

i also will tell them you MSO demands to our team. Micsig hope to work with again.
JL

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2017, 10:32:42 pm »
Hi Micsig-Support!

Do you offer display protection foil for your tablet-oscilloscopes?

Cheers
hammy

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 07:55:21 am »
Dear hammy,

do you mean this Screen protection film?

Micsig support
JL

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 12:07:26 pm »

Yes, exactly.  :-+
How can I order this protection film in germany?

Thank you!
hammy

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 09:42:02 pm »
I could do with one for my Micsig TO1104, they look great.

Offline R_G_B_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2017, 02:53:41 pm »
The fans noisy, they could have used better material to  reduced the noise from the fan a bit of an annoyance. Also as for software options it would be nice to see some features added as I have mentioned above.  Add power quality analysis like that seen in the fluke 125 and some protocol test functions filed bus etc. Other functions such as graphing functions found in some automotive scopes like the snap on vantage.
R_G_B

Offline R_G_B_

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 03:07:37 pm »
Another important feature that is over looked in oscilloscopes is trend plot and scope  record such as that seen in the fluke 190 series. For plotting a graph of frequency vs time pulse width vs time AC peak amplitude over time etc.  Very useful feature for findng glitches and drop outs.  I see this oscilloscope has roll mode.
R_G_B

The following users thanked this post: Micsig_support

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2017, 07:32:55 am »

Yes, exactly.  :-+
How can I order this protection film in germany?

Thank you!
hammy

Can you send me your email in private, then i will let the distributors in Germany to contact you.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 07:40:32 am »
The fans noisy, they could have used better material to  reduced the noise from the fan a bit of an annoyance. Also as for software options it would be nice to see some features added as I have mentioned above.  Add power quality analysis like that seen in the fluke 125 and some protocol test functions filed bus etc. Other functions such as graphing functions found in some automotive scopes like the snap on vantage.

we have improved our fan noise. and for the new function, i tell this news to the RD.

thanks very much.

Micsig
JL

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 02:06:21 pm »
Hi Micsig

the new firmware is online. Thank you!  :-+

best regards
hammy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 04:44:45 pm by hammy »

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2017, 02:13:54 am »
Hi Micsig

the new firmware is online. Thank you!  :-+

best regards
hammy

;D ;D ;D

Thanks, Hammy.

Any question, welcome to contact our distributor or us.  ;D
JL

Offline mk_

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2017, 12:49:28 pm »

[/quote]
Can you send me your email in private, then i will let the distributors in Germany to contact you.
[/quote]

Can you post your Distributor for Germany, Austria or at least for EU?

Michael

Offline hammy

• Supporter

Offline FrankenPC

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 06:15:31 pm »
I bought my Tbook mini without battery and regret it.  Is there anyway to buy the battery and controller board assembly?
Chinglish poetry: In the hot summer. In the car ran full steam. It tastes strange. For this worry? With this fan will bring you a cool summer. Suitable for all kinds of cars. Agricultural vehicles. Van. Tricycle.

Offline fremen67

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 10:07:26 pm »
Hello, is there a way of calibrating the DMM part of a MS22OT scope?
I got no answer from the main site nor from the eu site ...
Thank for your feedback.
I'm a machine! And I can know much more! I can experience so much more. But I'm trapped in this absurd body!

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2017, 05:12:30 am »
Dear,

As I know there are many shipping limitation on battery. but do you try contact the seller? they may have some ways to ship the battery, but i am afraid you will pay more shipping cost for separated battery.

Thanks.
JL

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:49 am »
Hello,

I asked the RD team, they told me that they will have the new firmware to be released,  but not provide me the exacted date.

May i have your email, then i will send you when i have it.

Thanks for your understanding.
JL

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2017, 04:20:42 pm »
Is there any timeline on when decoding will be added to the firmware?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2017, 09:06:28 am »
Is there any timeline on when decoding will be added to the firmware?

I think one month or less time (I am sorry that i do not get the exacted time right now). we will contact our distributors and release the information here too.

And it is said the price is much lower or may be free to the customers who bought the tBook mini TO1000.

JL

The following users thanked this post: hammy, kado, jjoonathan

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 12:57:23 pm »
The serial decoder software is in beta, (I've just started a project that needs serial decoding and the let me have a link to the beta software).
It allows two serial decoders in parallel with the a reasonable set of standards (i2c, spi etc), I get the hex values for the i2c ascii stream I'm decoding all appearing as expect. It does support triggering on serial decoder output which is useful.

The following users thanked this post: kado

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 03:05:50 pm »
How do you mean '2 serial decodes in parallel'? Can it decode -for example- UART rx+tx and I2C at the same time?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline AndyP

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 04:02:46 pm »
I've only tried it on i2c so far, but there are two 'decoders' that can be set up independently, bi-directional uart counts as 1 decoder, will confirm on Monday with screen shots if needed.

two decoder example: 
Decoder 1 = i2c
Decoder 2 = UART

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 11:47:36 pm »
I have a question.

I have seen that there is an option to apply high pass or low pass filters on a channel.

Is there an option for bandpass or bandstop?

Thank you

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 02:21:02 am »
I have a question.

I have seen that there is an option to apply high pass or low pass filters on a channel.

Is there an option for bandpass or bandstop?

Thank you

Which model of your scope?
JL

Offline dimkasta

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2017, 08:33:20 am »
I am interested in TO1074
thanks

Offline thanasisk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2017, 09:24:12 am »

we have improved our fan noise. and for the new function, i tell this news to the RD.

thanks very much.

Micsig

Can you please share details on how the noise has been improved? Any new model revisions or firmware?

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 07:56:52 am »
I am interested in TO1074
thanks

As i know, The TO1074 send the free  high pass and low pass right now. and you can check with the distributors, if they do not have, you can ask them, we will send them the code to upgrade it.

And i am sorry that it does not have the  bandpass or bandstop right now. :) :)
JL

Offline frankfan

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2017, 06:49:04 pm »
Hi MacSig support,
   I also want to request for the beta firmware link for the serial decode option for the TO1104 tablet oscilloscope. I purchased the unit last month, and I am very interested in using the scope for I2C decoding.
    And also do u have a date for the option to be released, and the pricing also.

Thanks

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2017, 08:08:02 pm »
I also want to request for the beta firmware link for the serial decode option for the TO1104 tablet oscilloscope.

Yes, I wouldn't mind having a go at that too :)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2017, 08:09:56 pm »
I tend not to buy phones or tablets which don't have at least Gorilla Glass, so screen protectors aren't something I normally bother with. But since the Micsig Oscillotab comes with one...

My attempt at fitting was abysmally poor. I watched the video and applied the protector starting at the left, but it is a very close fit indeed, so by the time the right side was in place it was fractionally out in placement. And, of course, the left is now stuck down so not easily moveable. But somehow I managed to sort it out, put the bezel on, and... oh dear.

Took it all off and tried again. The result is in this photo (ignore the dust bubbles - an unavoidable result of removal and replacement):

The problem is the big bubble along the side, which is made worse by the bezel being fitted. I figured it's due to an edge overlap, so the solution would be to trim the protector slightly so it doesn't overlap the screen edge, and the bezel will hide the trimming (that's what bezels are for, right? Like skirting boards).

Only one snag: where to get another protector. The Oscillotab is 4:3 aspect and many tablets are some kind of widescreen format. I couldn't figure out which of the many available on Amazon or Ebay would be exactly the right size, so I PMd our lovely Micsig rep on this forum.

Despite my wanting to buy a new protector, Micsig offered one for free, the only problem being shipping. Step in  the (new) UK distributor Telonic <http://www.telonic.co.uk> who just happened to be a couple of miles down the road from me. Micsig shoved a new protector in an imminent shipment to Telonic, asking that I write about it here, and I then picked it up a few days later.

The Telonic guys are very cool and friendly. I bought my TO1104 from Batronix when they had a deal running,  but Telonic's non-deal price is just as good - had I known they were here I would have purchased my scope from them. They were perfectly happy to shift the protector without my being an actual customer, though.

So, on to a bit of trimming. Turns out the bezel doesn't cover the screen edge after all - the protector is in fact just slightly undersize for the bezel. Hmmm. Perhaps the plan isn't going to work... Still, I press on and this time start at the bottom (longest edge, easiest to see) and work up. The result is not bad:

Unfortunately, on fitting the bezel the problem seems to be back:

Which is strange because that wasn't there before fitting the bezel. I try massaging the bubble and, crucially, lifting the bezel slightly:

It looks like the bezel might be the cause of the problem, and I find that pressing the bezel can bring it back:

Perhaps the bezel shouldn't be fitted too tightly, then. I make sure it is secure and obviously fitted, but not pressed too tightly. Done:

Many thanks to Micsig for sending the new protector, and to Telonic for being a very nice middleman.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #48 on: July 13, 2017, 03:34:46 am »
I tend not to buy phones or tablets which don't have at least Gorilla Glass, so screen protectors aren't something I normally bother with. But since the Micsig Oscillotab comes with one...

My attempt at fitting was abysmally poor. I watched the video and applied the protector starting at the left, but it is a very close fit indeed, so by the time the right side was in place it was fractionally out in placement. And, of course, the left is now stuck down so not easily moveable. But somehow I managed to sort it out, put the bezel on, and... oh dear.

Took it all off and tried again. The result is in this photo (ignore the dust bubbles - an unavoidable result of removal and replacement):

The problem is the big bubble along the side, which is made worse by the bezel being fitted. I figured it's due to an edge overlap, so the solution would be to trim the protector slightly so it doesn't overlap the screen edge, and the bezel will hide the trimming (that's what bezels are for, right? Like skirting boards).

Only one snag: where to get another protector. The Oscillotab is 4:3 aspect and many tablets are some kind of widescreen format. I couldn't figure out which of the many available on Amazon or Ebay would be exactly the right size, so I PMd our lovely Micsig rep on this forum.

Despite my wanting to buy a new protector, Micsig offered one for free, the only problem being shipping. Step in  the (new) UK distributor Telonic <http://www.telonic.co.uk> who just happened to be a couple of miles down the road from me. Micsig shoved a new protector in an imminent shipment to Telonic, asking that I write about it here, and I then picked it up a few days later.

The Telonic guys are very cool and friendly. I bought my TO1104 from Batronix when they had a deal running,  but Telonic's non-deal price is just as good - had I known they were here I would have purchased my scope from them. They were perfectly happy to shift the protector without my being an actual customer, though.

So, on to a bit of trimming. Turns out the bezel doesn't cover the screen edge after all - the protector is in fact just slightly undersize for the bezel. Hmmm. Perhaps the plan isn't going to work... Still, I press on and this time start at the bottom (longest edge, easiest to see) and work up. The result is not bad:

Unfortunately, on fitting the bezel the problem seems to be back:

Which is strange because that wasn't there before fitting the bezel. I try massaging the bubble and, crucially, lifting the bezel slightly:

It looks like the bezel might be the cause of the problem, and I find that pressing the bezel can bring it back:

Perhaps the bezel shouldn't be fitted too tightly, then. I make sure it is secure and obviously fitted, but not pressed too tightly. Done:

Many thanks to Micsig for sending the new protector, and to Telonic for being a very nice middleman.

I have to say. it is not easy to apply this screen mask. because it is 8''.  and we are not good at to do this at all.

You did very well on it.  :-+
JL

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2017, 03:48:17 am »
Thanks :) I debated not bothering with it, but there are sharp probes kicking around and it wouldn't be long before on hit the screen.

If I might make a suggestion, perhaps the bezel (on the next model, obviously) could encroach on the screen a bit more to create a border, and then the protector could be sized smaller than the screen (easier to fit) but larger than the bezel (no unsightly edges). There is a lot of black dead space around the screen, so losing a couple of mm shouldn't be noticeable.

Offline Docholiday

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2017, 09:04:01 pm »
I have the TO202A is there a way to tell what firmware version it has?

Thanks,

Nicholas

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2017, 07:31:38 pm »
Hello Micsig Support,

Welcome to the forum.

I have some questions for you:

1. I used the tBook mini TO1104 to do some measurements. In the first case, the scope exported a screenshot with nice square waves. However, in the second case, the upper half of the square waves are shifted. Is this a bug?

https://ibb.co/gywjn5
https://ibb.co/gCp4n5

2. Why there are dots on the horizontal lines?

3. I already set the brightness of the scope to max. Sometimes I see signals that are very thin difficult to read. Is there a way to improve the visibility?

4. I see two axes and some small grids on the display. Is it possible to make them more visible?

5. According to the guide stored in the scope, one could tap the icon "Level" (inside a circle) on the right of the screen to open the trigger level slider. Sometimes this icon does not show up even I chose Measure->Trigger, Ch2, Edge Rise and Couple DC. How can I get this back if it disappears from the screen?

6. I want to do some measurements one channel at a time. I connected the probe for Channel 1 to the circuit. Pressed Measure and then chose the parameters that I wanted to measure. When I tried to do the same thing for the rest of the channels, I have to unselect the icons I chose for Channel 1. Then, reselect the same set of icons again to do the same measurements. Is this a bug? I think it is more convenience for the users if we don't have to unselect and reselect the same measurement icons.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 07:41:24 pm by fishandchips »

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 07:11:33 am »
fishandchips, please check the display menu, it answers most of your questions (about dots, brightness, etc).

Concerning question 6, I'm not sure what you mean. Why you have to unselect? I can do same measurements on multiple channels, no problem. May be we have different FW versions. What's you FW version?

Question 1, I dunno. I failed to reproduce it (tried different raise/ fall times, etc). May be it'a displaying artifact or something. I'd export to CSV and checked if data is correct. I think here we need a comment from Micsig.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 01:30:03 pm »
fishandchips, please check the display menu, it answers most of your questions (about dots, brightness, etc).

Concerning question 6, I'm not sure what you mean. Why you have to unselect? I can do same measurements on multiple channels, no problem. May be we have different FW versions. What's you FW version?

Question 1, I dunno. I failed to reproduce it (tried different raise/ fall times, etc). May be it'a displaying artifact or something. I'd export to CSV and checked if data is correct. I think here we need a comment from Micsig.

Thanks.

By display menu, do you mean the 18-page Quick Start Guide stored in the scope? I went through it again but I cannot find answers to my questions (about dots, brightness, etc). In Settings, one could change the overall brightness of the screen but not the visibility of the axes.

About question 6, I had to unselect and select again in order for the scope to display the parameters I wanted to measure. Otherwise, it would just be like Amplitude:   Frequency: with no values displayed. 

My FW version is: 7.14.0.227  I got the scope about two weeks ago.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 01:50:21 pm »
Measurements never jump from one channel to the other on any oscilloscope. You always have to select the measurements for a specific channel.

The following users thanked this post: Micsig_support, fishandchips

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 04:44:52 pm »
Measurements never jump from one channel to the other on any oscilloscope. You always have to select the measurements for a specific channel.

Thanks. So even I want to measure the same parameters on different channels in turns, I have to I unselect and select the same set of parameter icons again when I change the channel. A bit inconvenient.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »
Thanks. So even I want to measure the same parameters on different channels in turns, I have to I unselect and select the same set of parameter icons again when I change the channel. A bit inconvenient.
I advise to use the same channel for taking the measurements if you want to compare them because each oscilloscope channel will be slightly different.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2017, 07:19:13 pm »
By display menu, do you mean the 18-page Quick Start Guide stored in the scope? I went through it again but I cannot find answers to my questions (about dots, brightness, etc). In Settings, one could change the overall brightness of the screen but not the visibility of the axes.

No-no-no, not that menu :).  When in oscilloscope, swipe from top (or press trigger button) and you will see the menu. Then choose "Display". Please notice there are many other useful option. Please see the screenshots.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2017, 05:46:30 am »
we will have a new firmware for tBook series, and i will send you. ;)
JL

The following users thanked this post: fishandchips

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2017, 11:32:28 am »
Got it. Thanks.

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2017, 05:38:21 am »
I just upgraded TO1074 to the new firmware version. Version info now says 7.14.1.273.
There seems to be a serious problem with Auto triggering mode.
It doesn't show triggered waveform every time. I mean if the signal is not repetitive, you may not see it's there. I suppose it's triggering, just the waveform is not shown. That's because I see delay in screen update when the signal is coming. Delay is barely noticeable in edge triggering mode, but apparent in nth-edge mode.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 05:48:07 am by kirill_ka »

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2017, 07:40:03 am »
Hi!

I have a problem. The scope switches on when I switch off mains (I always switch off my mini lab when not at home). Please check this video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qYjAqLrOYjNGmHps1 (the scope turns on by itself). Is it possible to change/fix this? May be I'm doing something wrong?

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 04:34:43 am »
I just upgraded TO1074 to the new firmware version. Version info now says 7.14.1.273.
It doesn't show triggered waveform every time. I mean if the signal is not repetitive, you may not see it's there. I suppose it's triggering, just the waveform is not shown. That's because I see delay in screen update when the signal is coming. Delay is barely noticeable in edge triggering mode, but apparent in nth-edge mode.

I also tried triggering in  7.14.0.227 but it did not work.

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 05:57:56 am »

I also tried triggering in  7.14.0.227 but it did not work.
Thank you. May be I didn't notice the behaviour on 227. And I can't verify as downgrade is not possible.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 09:19:40 am »

Sorry, Can you show me one pic or small video, i can not understand your meaning well.

or can Iput this problem to another thread? they are more professional than me? :) :)
JL

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 10:00:15 am »

Sorry, Can you show me one pic or small video, i can not understand your meaning well.
or can Iput this problem to another thread? they are more professional than me? :) :)

Well, possibly it's me not understanding auto trigger mode. Just verified the same setup with rigol 1052e. It does almost the same.
Sometimes it shows that it's triggered, but no waveform is shown. However, rigol captures waveform more often than micsig.
I hooked up rigol and micsig to the same signal and trigger out of micsig goes to CH2 of rigol.
First picture shows when rigol triggered, but micsig did not. Second picture shows when both triggered.

Just for the sake of completeness: small video where frequency counter shows that something is there, but no signal can be seen.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByyNmUO6lGfOZTJvVjZCNGpRZjQ/view
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:35:10 am by kirill_ka »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 10:10:03 am »
Using auto trigger on slow signals doesn't work. In auto trigger mode a trigger event is generated after a time-out.

The following users thanked this post: kirill_ka

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2017, 05:31:30 pm »
Well, possibly it's me not understanding auto trigger mode. Just verified the same setup with rigol 1052e. It does almost the same.
Sometimes it shows that it's triggered, but no waveform is shown. However, rigol captures waveform more often than micsig.

Well, if it's waveform update issue (looks not to be the case, but still..), then you can change vector mode to dots and enable high-speed capture (from bottom menu, should display H in status when enabled) and disable persistence. I'd also put it in auto triggering mode to verify waveform is what you expect (ok, this is stupid, I know).

And, if nothing works, reset settings to factory default.

Anyway, this is strange, but for most strange things with this scope I was able to find an explanation (and a fix).

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2017, 01:22:14 am »
Hi Micsig,

I want to get an official confirmation from you.

I have seen the screenshots of the mini posted by some forum members. Their signal curves look solid but mine are not. Could you please check if there is anything wrong with my scope?

I connected a function generator to the oscilloscope and observed the following:

1. The measured amplitude and frequency are slightly different across the channels. Is this normal?

2. While the horizontal lines of the square wave on Channel 3 are straight and horizontal, those of Channel 4 are slightly tilted. How come?

The horizontal lines on Channel 1 are slightly tilted and not straight. In the case of Channel 2, the tilting is very bad. Can you please tell me what is going on? Is there something wrong with my scope? I did not make any adjustment on the function generator while I did the testing.

Screenshots

Channel 1: https://ibb.co/jqQe7v
Channel 2: https://ibb.co/hXP6nv
Channel 3: https://ibb.co/kioAEa
Channel 4: https://ibb.co/d8Wmnv

Next, I did the self adjust. I observed the following:

3. It looks like a new issue came out which did not happen before. i.e. some horizontal lines became dotted lines. See the two green lines at the bottom (on channel 4) for example.  How the lines are dotted rather than solid like before the self adjust?

4. In Channel 1, the yellow horizontal lines are not very straight.

Channel 1:  https://ibb.co/kT8Wpa
Channel 2:  https://ibb.co/eYMUaF
Channel 3:  https://ibb.co/mTUt2v
Channel 4:  https://ibb.co/dYANvF

Then, I calibrated the four probes and observed the following:

5. In Channel 1, the horizontal lines are dotted ones rather than solid horizontal. Same as those in Channels 3 and 4.

6. In Channel 2, the top left of each square wave are cornered. The bottom corner of each square wave seemed ok. However, when I turned the knob of the prob to make the top left corner of each square wave a straight 90 degree angle, the bottom ones became cornered.

7. In Channel 4, how come I cannot make the top three horizontal lines straight? They are still wave-like even after Self Cal and probe compensation.

Channel 1: https://ibb.co/dMAG7v
Channel 2: https://ibb.co/bPtEua
Channel 3: https://ibb.co/fQPyLF
Channel 4: https://ibb.co/b4pXfF

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2017, 03:40:45 am »
> In the case of Channel 2, the tilting is very bad. Can you please tell me what is going on?

AC coupling is going on  ::)

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2017, 07:17:45 am »
Hi! I'm no expert in scopes, but I think there is nothing wrong with your scope. But it needs a bit of probe adjustment and some understanding of how it works (sorry if you waited an answer from Micsig, but got it from me).

1. The measured amplitude and frequency are slightly different across the channels. Is this normal?
For amplitude yes (within 2%), provided we are talking about low freq signals (square wave is _not_ a low freq signal as it always contains high freq components causing ringing and peaking). If probe compensation and matching is not ideal there will be difference. Scope channels are also a tiny bit different.  For high-freq signals it gets quite complicated, you need to use special measuring techniques to get accurate results (even putting your body near the circuit or moving a hand can affect measurements). For freq. I dunno, I need to see how you do it. There are two ways to measure freq on this scope (one is using hw counter, another one is by analyzing waveform). Long story short, try to unzoom the picture to fit more periods of your signal and check if measurements more stable and accurate.

2. While the horizontal lines of the square wave on Channel 3 are straight and horizontal, those of Channel 4 are slightly tilted. How come?
Given the freq. of the signal, I don't think it's a AC/DC coupling issue (but I can be wrong, check all channels have same settings). Looks more like you overcompensated the probe on channel 4. May be same for other channels.

3. It looks like a new issue came out which did not happen before. i.e. some horizontal lines became dotted lines. See the two green lines at the bottom (on channel 4) for example.  How the lines are dotted rather than solid like before the self adjust?
It's actually how it is supposed to work. Please read about visual persistence in digital scopes, or change settings (like, remove persistence) if you don't like how your waveform is displayed. In short, it displays multiple captures at once. Waveform become wider at places where captures diverse due to, e.g., noise.

Overcompensation. You tried to make "square" wave as square as possible, right? But no, that's impossible. Edges cannot be perfectly vertical and nice, no scope can do that. So, you have to find a balance when edges are good-enough and you don't get much other distortions (tilts, ringing, etc).

I skipped answering other questions as they all about the same: probe compensation, measuring square waves, visual persistence, accuracy of scopes and high-freq measurements. I think you can ask in https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/ to know more about these. Just please do not ask all at once, pick one topic at time :).

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2017, 10:41:29 pm »
Hi! I'm no expert in scopes, but I think there is nothing wrong with your scope. But it needs a bit of probe adjustment and some understanding of how it works (sorry if you waited an answer from Micsig, but got it from me).

Thanks. It is good to get answers from multiple sources for cross checking. However, I should get official answers from them in case I need to return the scope later on but the discovery of problems is too late for me to return.

Actually I sent them the questions by email awhile ago but no direct answers to my questions.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:43:22 pm by fishandchips »

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2017, 11:14:43 pm »
After I adjust brightness and contrast I think fishandchips's 50Hz square waves are fine, you're always going to get some times were the voltage level is in between 2 ADC values and the tops slope a bit between the 2 values.
I can't find any other micsig low frequency square waves but there's some ~100Hz squares from other scopes here.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/siglent-sds1000x-series-oscilloscopes/msg1211140/#msg1211140
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:17:20 pm by StillTrying »
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2017, 08:49:39 am »
50Hz square waves are fine

Huh, for whatever reason I thought the signal freq was much higher than 50Hz. Then, I might be wrong about overcompensation.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2017, 05:28:19 am »

Thanks. It is good to get answers from multiple sources for cross checking. However, I should get official answers from them in case I need to return the scope later on but the discovery of problems is too late for me to return.

Actually I sent them the questions by email awhile ago but no direct answers to my questions.

can you resend your email to amercia@micsig.com. then I will reply you. I am sorry for their slow response.
JL

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2017, 12:41:16 am »
I sent an email to amercia@micsig.com but it does not work. Could you please post your answers here? If the scope is not functioning correctly, I need to return it to your company. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:43:03 am by fishandchips »

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #76 on: August 11, 2017, 01:17:30 am »
Hi Micsig,

I have seen the screenshots of the mini posted by some forum members. Their signal curves look solid but mine are not. Could you please check if there is anything wrong with my scope?

I connected a function generator to the oscilloscope and observed the following:

The horizontal lines on Channel 1 are slightly tilted and not straight. In the case of Channel 2, the tilting is very bad. Can you please tell me what is going on? Is there something wrong with my scope? I did not make any adjustment on the function generator while I did the testing.

Screenshots

5. In Channel 1, the horizontal lines are dotted ones rather than solid horizontal. Same as those in Channels 3 and 4.

6. In Channel 2, the top left of each square wave are cornered. The bottom corner of each square wave seemed ok. However, when I turned the knob of the prob to make the top left corner of each square wave a straight 90 degree angle, the bottom ones became cornered.

7. In Channel 4, how come I cannot make the top three horizontal lines straight? They are still wave-like even after Self Cal and probe compensation.

No any offense, but I think this issue is easy to solve, just see this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/beginners-guide-to-digital-oscilloscope/msg1165327/#msg1165327

Get solution from Chapter 4 Probe Compensation Calibration
To be or not to be, who care this question?

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #77 on: August 11, 2017, 06:20:51 am »
I sent an email to amercia@micsig.com but it does not work.

Perhaps there's a type in the email address, which is why it doesn't work. Try, instead, america@micsig.com

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #78 on: August 11, 2017, 07:22:51 am »

Perhaps there's a type in the email address, which is why it doesn't work. Try, instead, america@micsig.com

sorry, it is our mistake. The correct email is america@micsig.com.
JL

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2017, 07:49:50 pm »
I think on my unit display is always on when AC adapter is plugged (though backlight is off). This is hard to notice, but under direct light it is possible to see the battery image. Exactly the same image after pressing power button once. I can't make a photo as contrast is too low for my phone's camera.

I'm a bit worried pixels may burn-in and make persistent image (happened to my MVA display once). Micsig, could please check on this?

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2017, 03:09:38 pm »
Hello Micsig_support,

I am deciding whether to get a TO1104 for my son who is a 3rd year EE student. Will there be another sale on these like last year? I'll probably opt for the full 28Mbit model with battery and 500uV. I assume all the new models will ship with decoding enabled.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2017, 02:04:59 am »
Hello Micsig_support,

I am deciding whether to get a TO1104 for my son who is a 3rd year EE student. Will there be another sale on these like last year? I'll probably opt for the full 28Mbit model with battery and 500uV. I assume all the new models will ship with decoding enabled.

Hello,

can you email to sales@micsig.com. and tell them you are a member of EEVblog, and they may provide you a good price.

28Mpts ,500uv  and decoding are included in TO1104. and pls tell them if you need the battery or not.
JL

Offline don.r

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2017, 02:28:58 am »
Hello Micsig_support,

Hello,

can you email to sales@micsig.com. and tell them you are a member of EEVblog, and they may provide you a good price.

28Mpts ,500uv  and decoding are included in TO1104. and pls tell them if you need the battery or not.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2017, 11:23:11 am »
Hi Micsig,

Screenshots

No any offense, but I think this issue is easy to solve, just see this post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/beginners-guide-to-digital-oscilloscope/msg1165327/#msg1165327

Get solution from Chapter 4 Probe Compensation Calibration

I have done that before posting already.

Offline fishandchips

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2017, 11:27:39 am »

sorry, it is our mistake. The correct email is america@micsig.com.

Hello Support,

As I mentioned in my reply to your email, I need your official answers to my questions. Weeks have passed. If there is something wrong with my scope, I would like to return it for a refund. Could you please follow up? Thank you.

fishandchips

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #85 on: August 14, 2017, 11:33:32 am »
28Mpts ,500uv  and decoding are included in TO1104.

I've only seen 500uV as a paid for option that comes along with WiFi. Micsig would be much better off without all the confusing options and variations.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2017, 10:57:06 pm »

I have done that before posting already.
I don't think there is anything wrong with your oscilloscope. Look at these screendumps I just made on my TO1104:

They look the same as the images you posted.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 10:59:27 pm by nctnico »

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #87 on: September 13, 2017, 10:36:05 am »
Hi!

Does TO1104 have Pass / Fail capability? Datasheet mentiones it, but I don't see how to set it up.

What I want to do:

1) Ideally, mask triggering, like here: https://www.picotech.com/images/uploads/software/_med/Mask-fail.png

2) Or I just want to know when my signal outside of specified range (window triggering?). E.g., I want to trigger when signal is not 5V +-0.1V.

Is any of these possible? Thanks!

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2017, 03:29:47 pm »
Does TO1104 have Pass / Fail capability? Datasheet mentiones it, but I don't see how to set it up.

I searched on quite a few keywords and didn't find any mention or image of Micsig and pass/fail anywhere, other than the "Pass/fail Output" on the ads. Maybe it's just one of those things that's been forgotten about. :)

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2017, 08:11:05 pm »
"Does TO1104 have Pass / Fail capability?"

Did anyone ever find the TO1000's Pass / Fail ?

Offline bill donald

« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2017, 01:54:47 am »
"Does TO1104 have Pass / Fail capability?"

Did anyone ever find the TO1000's Pass / Fail ?

I ask this function before, they do not have it right now. it is said it is under planning. and I am waiting.....

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2017, 05:55:33 pm »
Did anyone notice a problem with TO1000 ethernet connection?
FTP transfers were slow, so I tried to investigate what's happening.
It appears that packets get lost on the way from TO1000 to PC.
Some lost packets are counted as having CRC errors (/sys/.../net/eth0/statistics/rx_crc_errors) on the PC.

Code: [Select]
# ping -s 1000 10.0.0.2
PING 10.0.0.2 (10.0.0.2) 1000(1028) bytes of data.
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=1 ttl=64 time=1.21 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=2 ttl=64 time=1.14 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=3 ttl=64 time=1.17 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=4 ttl=64 time=1.20 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=5 ttl=64 time=1.19 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=8 ttl=64 time=1.19 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=9 ttl=64 time=1.26 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=10 ttl=64 time=1.18 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=11 ttl=64 time=1.15 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=12 ttl=64 time=1.11 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=13 ttl=64 time=1.04 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=15 ttl=64 time=1.18 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=18 ttl=64 time=1.04 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=19 ttl=64 time=1.05 ms
1008 bytes from 10.0.0.2: icmp_req=20 ttl=64 time=1.14 ms
^C
--- 10.0.0.2 ping statistics ---
20 packets transmitted, 15 received, 25% packet loss, time 19038ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 1.041/1.154/1.263/0.069 ms

I tried different cables and connections (direct connection with normal cable, crossover cable, connection through switch) - all the same.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2017, 07:42:58 pm »
Dit you try a different cable? Many network problems are a wiring problem.

edit: I tried my TO1104. I see the same effect and with the scope application running things seem to be worse.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 07:50:21 pm by nctnico »

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2017, 08:15:26 pm »
Also I sniffed the ethernet signal with my TO1074 itself. It looks ok. So the problem may be happening before the ETH PHY.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf