Author Topic: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)  (Read 74808 times)

Offline enz

• Regular Contributor
Items on the left are NOT installed.
After you enter a license code (and reboot), the protocol names will move to the right.

Offline jjoonathan

• Frequent Contributor
Ohh, that makes sense!  |O  Thanks.

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
I just on the business trip in Japan, hearing Micsig's new arrival decoding function which is exciting, I can't wait to upgrade and try it.

I also got their official post: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tbook-mini-to1000-serial-bus-trigger-and-decoding-functions-are-available/

In which, seems TO1104 can get a free upgrade, it's lucky for me that I brought TO1104 instead of TO1074.  ;D  :-+
To be or not to be, who care this question?

The following users thanked this post: newnet

Offline newnet

• Contributor
Thank you for the news. How did you get the license code of serial bus decoding?

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
Thank you for the news. How did you get the license code of serial bus decoding?

You can leave comments at their official post which I mentioned before. If your scope is TO1104 you should get a free upgrade, if not I'm afraid you may have to pay extra.

The following users thanked this post: newnet

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff

You can leave comments at their official post which I mentioned before. If your scope is TO1104 you should get a free upgrade, if not I'm afraid you may have to pay extra.
AIUI I think the situation with other models may be that the option is not available.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline R_G_B_

• Frequent Contributor
its approximately 37 us dollars to add the serial decode functions to the lower bandwidth model such as the 70 MHz Tbook mini version
you can pay by pay pal to sales@micsig.com

If they release the SDK so that people on this forum or else where users can code in there own functions to this oscilloscope such as trend plot for  2 or 4 channel trend\data record function would be a very useful function.

R_G_B 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:57:23 pm by R_G_B_ »
R_G_B

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor

AIUI I think the situation with other models may be that the option is not available.
M models are restricted from installing options. Non-M, non-1104 models can purchase a license.

Offline newnet

• Contributor
Thanks,
I‘m trying......

Offline newnet

• Contributor

I've obtained the license from Micsig_support, now the functions are enabled.
Thanks again.
The attached picture is just a show of test,
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 02:49:59 pm by newnet »

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
    • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China

I've obtained the license from Micsig_support, now the functions are enabled.
Thanks again.
The attached picture is just a show of test,

thanks for your sharing. 

Any customers who want to the bus decoding, pls let me know freely.
JL

The following users thanked this post: pmcouto, KrissFr

Offline pmcouto

• Supporter
Serial decoders in action.

Thank you Micsig_Support for sending me the license key.  :-+

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
BTW, concerning bundled probes. I tested them against PP-150 (perhaps, cheapest probes on market). I used my SDG2042X to generate some 120MHz 1Vpp sinewave. Bundled probes showed 576mV, PP-150 showed 792-800mv peak-to-peak. So, I replaced my bundled probes with PP-150 (I bought five of them just in case and one come already broken, he-he).

The test was crude, I used long wires, ground leads, crocodile clips, etc. So, not the most accurate setup (because I lost my the only probe bnc adapter I had). But I suggest replacing shipped probes if measurement accuracy above some tens of Mhz is important. Anyway, I don't mind if someone repeats my measurements.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
I finally got a minute to mess around with the scope to get remote control working from my laptop.

I tried python-vx11 on this scope. Unfortunately, no luck (but I might be doing it wrong, I have no idea what vx11 is). So, I tried to install NI-VISA on my linux box... and it failed to install due to problems with .net framework. But I managed to get RemoteDisplay.exe working by copying visa32.dll and NiViSv32.dll from NIVISAruntime1.cab . It does not display the picture from the scope, but scope reacts on virtual buttons. So, at least something works for me.

Quick check showed communication is done via port 8888. Another "funny" thing is the scope spams my local network with "discovery" packet from UDP port 58002. The protocol is binary, but I can see it has ascii strings with  model number (TO1104) and the scope's serial number.

Also, I can now at least press buttons remotely. It's enough to connect to port 8888 and send a "cmd" which is 24 bytes data. For single capture it is '0x20000000900000101000000020000000900000100000000', for example.

Hope this will help hacking the scope. I'll continue my experiments... when time permits. But it would be super useful if Micsig just posted the protocol format.

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
I see micsig published their android app, I wonder if they would publishing an IOS version because I only use apple phone.  :palm:
Micsig oscilloscope seems becoming more like the smart phone, honestly, I was surprised when I see the scope phone app.
Does anyone tell us if their app is useful? Or just a useless bauble?  :horse:
Anyway, I still looking forward their iPhone app.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
I see micsig published their android app

It's not available via Google Play so it's not checked for viruses etc (although Google's validation is not comprehensive)...

Looking at AndroidManifest.xml it only requires Internet... I'll give it a try tonight.

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
BTW, concerning bundled probes. I tested them against PP-150 (perhaps, cheapest probes on market).
What type of probes do you have? Mine are P130A 200MHz fixed x10.

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)
« Reply #142 on: September 01, 2017, 07:21:42 am »

Good news: it works. Bad news: it either requires a lot of bandwidth or a lot of CPU (or both). So my phone discharges quite quickly and it is not smooth when a lot of screen area updates. I think it just captures video and transmits it. I think it's an android equivalent of their TouchScope / RemoteDisplay program (that requires VISA-NI).

For sure it is usable for single captures, but for continuous update my old android phone (nexus 4) is not enough. But it can be my just my phone.

EDIT: typos
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:48:40 am by exe »

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
Re: Micsig Tablet Oscilloscope tBook mini TO1104 review (100Mhz 4 channel 'scope)
« Reply #143 on: September 01, 2017, 07:51:56 am »
What type of probes do you have? Mine are P130A 200MHz fixed x10.

I have the same. But my test setup might be wrong due to long wiring.

Offline newnet

• Contributor
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2017, 01:38:15 pm »
I see micsig published their android app, I wonder if they would publishing an IOS version because I only use apple phone.  :palm:
Micsig oscilloscope seems becoming more like the smart phone, honestly, I was surprised when I see the scope phone app.

Here comes the good news. Micsig has published their 1st iOS version remote scope app today,
without doubt it is useful,  apple user can search and get it in app store.
I use android instead of iOS, so I'm not sure if the iOS app has enough kinds of language.

Offline newnet

• Contributor
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2017, 02:08:16 pm »
ios app interface

The following users thanked this post: jacklee

Offline jacklee

• Regular Contributor
  • Don't touch my Barbie!
« Reply #146 on: September 12, 2017, 09:41:37 am »
ios app interface
Good news! I also tried it on my iPhone, it works as supposed to be.
I also see their video presentation of this function:
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Iha74VzYEaE
Someone may be interested in.

The following users thanked this post: Apochrom

Offline luedno

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2019, 01:46:39 am »
Hello still recommends micsig to1104, has portuguese language, i am in doubt between micsig to1104 and rigol da1054z

Offline angleshrinker

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2019, 08:52:33 am »
Hello Micsig.

А week ago I bought an oscilloscope sto1104c on aliexpress.
I received a refusal from the seller on request for bus decoder unlock.  :-//
This is despite the fact that in the product card bus decoder specified without any "option" mark.
I looked and saw that all sellers describe Micsig oscilloscopes in this way. :palm:
For a week the seller has been delaying communication, and yesterday said that Micsig refused to provide unlock codes.  :bullshit:
What should I do? I don’t need such oscilloscope without Bus decoding features.  |O
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 08:56:24 am by angleshrinker »

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2019, 09:03:20 am »
Hello Micsig.

А week ago I bought an oscilloscope sto1104c on aliexpress.
I received a refusal from the seller on request for bus decoder unlock.  :-//
This is despite the fact that in the product card bus decoder specified without any "option" mark.
I looked and saw that all sellers describe Micsig oscilloscopes in this way. :palm:
For a week the seller has been delaying communication, and yesterday said that Micsig refused to provide unlock codes.  :bullshit:
What should I do? I don’t need such oscilloscope without Bus decoding features.  |O

You might like to try this topic as it is the more current and sort of the default one https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/micsig-tablet-oscilloscope-tbook-mini-to1000/

Micsig does check it and reply from time to time as well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2019, 09:21:55 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf