Author Topic: Micsig TO1104 wishlist  (Read 5026 times)

Offline PlainNameTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Micsig TO1104 wishlist
« on: January 09, 2018, 08:08:55 am »
Is there already a topic for a wishlist for this scope, or a better place to catch the eye of someone who can make things happen?

I am getting slightly annoyed from having to slide the trace about every time I change the timebase - it zooms in on the centre of the screen, and what it really needs to do (it seems to me) is to keep the trigger point static and zoom in around wherever that is on the screen. All too often I have the trigger two grid lines in on the left, need to zoom in on the trigger position, and the very next capture after increasing the timebas shows nothing because the trigger is now off-screen to the left. Lots of sliding later I can now do another one-off trigger....

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Micsig TO1104 wishlist
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 11:56:53 am »
wherever that is on the screen
What should it do if the trigger point is already off the screen?

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:42:39 pm »
A good question. In that case it should zoom to the left edge, I think.

But perhaps it is academic, though. Since posting I've rediscovered double-tapping to zoom where you tap, which makes the desired effect achievable easily. Duh. Also one can use the 50% positioning to bring the trigger back to the middle of the display, which is kind of a halfway house.

Offline Rob_R

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:50:28 pm »

When my T01104 arrived , there was a film screen protector included with it..

After watching Mikes tear down and Micsigs official screen protector fitting video ,I wish they'd factory fitted during assembly .

Rob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 12:53:32 am »
Yes, I fully agree! Micsig kindly sent me a spare when I screwed up putting it on, and I still didn't get it right,  but it's now good enough. Factory fitting would save a lot of aggro :)

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 01:33:13 am »
Is there already a topic for a wishlist for this scope, or a better place to catch the eye of someone who can make things happen?

I am getting slightly annoyed from having to slide the trace about every time I change the timebase - it zooms in on the centre of the screen, and what it really needs to do (it seems to me) is to keep the trigger point static and zoom in around wherever that is on the screen. All too often I have the trigger two grid lines in on the left, need to zoom in on the trigger position, and the very next capture after increasing the timebas shows nothing because the trigger is now off-screen to the left. Lots of sliding later I can now do another one-off trigger....
You can bring the trigger point to the center of the screen by using the 50% button on the right

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 01:39:45 am »
using the 50% button

Yes, belatedly remembered that, thanks. Better than nothing :)

Offline nidlaX

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 01:44:51 am »
Keep posting your suggestions here, I will go over them with the Micsig rep.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 01:54:51 am »
Thanks!

Another one relating to zoom (rather, timebase change) is the horizontal cursor. When zooming in or out I would expect the cursor to scale as well, so the measurement remains the same until you manually change it. Same applies for vertical cursor and probe sensitivity too, of course. It can get tedious to want to zoom into something and then spend a few minutes dicking with the cursors again to get back where you were. Often it is simpler to leave them alone and then zoom back out to check the measurement.

Offline kirill_ka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:17 am »
1. Display numeric value when adjusting vertical position of waveform using "Fine" buttons.
2. Don't hide numeric value then adjusting trigger level using "Fine" buttons.
3. Make auto/normal/roll trigger setting more accessible. Perhaps use dedicated trigger button to change those and some other frequently used trigger settings instead of just invoking a menu.
Then tapping on the trigger information at the top of display may be used to call trigger menu.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:57:01 am »
Perhaps use dedicated trigger button

Or a user-assignable button(s) so the user can decide what he'd like fast access to.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:12:39 am »
Something that Chinese scopes like this often omit is to be able to have the zero-reference at the left or right (1 div from edge) of the screen as additional options to having it at the the centre.
You are almost always most interested in what happens before OR after the trigger, so these make more sense than having it at the centre.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:34 am »
the zero-reference

Thank you - that's what I meant rather than trigger. I am too used to Tek and HPAgilentKeysight kit and, obviously, never had to think about it with those.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 06:52:18 pm »
Something that Chinese scopes like this often omit is to be able to have the zero-reference at the left or right (1 div from edge) of the screen as additional options to having it at the the centre.
You are almost always most interested in what happens before OR after the trigger, so these make more sense than having it at the centre.

Yes, +1, manufacturers please, hear, hear !

(and with a direct button too, not hidden 3 levels deep into the UI please)
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 08:46:34 pm »

Not a huge deal as long as it's persistent over a powerdown I pretty much always have it set at left.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: GeorgeOfTheJungle

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »

Not a huge deal as long as it's persistent over a powerdown I pretty much always have it set at left.

Knobs and buttons: more is better.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 03:10:52 am by GeorgeOfTheJungle »
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline targit

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 03:06:20 pm »
Hi, stupid question time, not sure if this is the place to ask, is there a way to view the reference waveform files generated from the "Quick Save" button without attaching the scope to the PC that I want to view them on? They are saved without extension and so far I can't find anything that opens them in any meaningful way.

Offline newnet

• Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 07:43:22 am »
I think a pop-up Matrix Keyboard will be more suitable and convenient for changing or selecting timebase quickly on a touch-screen.

Offline SteveOregon

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 10:22:10 pm »
Hi, stupid question time, not sure if this is the place to ask, is there a way to view the reference waveform files generated from the "Quick Save" button without attaching the scope to the PC that I want to view them on? They are saved without extension and so far I can't find anything that opens them in any meaningful way.

I haven't found anything that will open those files. The work-around; is to display the reference waveform on the scope, then do a screen capture with the camera icon - which copies the ref file to png.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 03:38:38 pm by SteveOregon »

Offline hgjdwx

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 10:05:47 am »
I think a pop-up Matrix Keyboard will be more suitable and convenient for changing or selecting timebase quickly on a touch-screen.
like this

The following users thanked this post: targit, Micsig_support

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2018, 10:49:10 am »
Does it do 5ms/div or is it still 4ms/div.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline SteveOregon

• Contributor
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2018, 03:45:21 pm »
Does it do 5ms/div or is it still 4ms/div.

With latest firmware; 5ms/div, 2ms/div, 1mv/div (lowest)

The following users thanked this post: StillTrying

Online xavier60

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2018, 10:25:58 pm »
It puzzles me that this unacceptable oversight is rarely mentioned.
A DSO without the ability to set the trigger zero-reference to the Left would be unbearable for me to use.
So be certain to check for this before choosing a DSO to avoid possibly being disappointed.
HP 54645A dso, Fluke 87V dmm,  Agilent U8002A psu,  FY6600 function gen,  Brymen BM857S, HAKKO FM-204, New! HAKKO FX-971.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2018, 11:19:56 pm »
"A DSO without the ability to set the trigger zero-reference to the Left would be unbearable for me to use."

I think almost any scope user designing a DSO would put the default trigger position about 2 Div. in from the left, especially if there's often going to be menus covering the right half of the screen.
DSOs always have a bad Usability Interface IMO.
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline Micsig_support

• Regular Contributor
  • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
    • Manufacturer of digital oscilloscopes from China
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 07:19:31 am »
like this

very good design!
JL

The following users thanked this post: Synthtech

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf