Author Topic: MSO1074Z Troubleshooting bad LA channel  (Read 1898 times)

Offline qwertymodoTopic starter

• Contributor
MSO1074Z Troubleshooting bad LA channel
« on: March 07, 2018, 11:44:05 pm »
I've had my MSO1074Z for a couple of years now and have been really happy with it, but the last couple of weeks, I've been using the logic analyzer to debug what I thought was a problem with my rusty verilog, but it turns out, channel 3 of my logic analyzer is bad  :-\

Basically, I have a signal that should be a simple 50% square wave, but instead of seeing a square wave, I just see a tiny pulse on what should have been the posedge.  Sometimes I don't even get that.  I've tried swapping lead clips, even the whole lead wire, attaching that lead to different signals, and attaching multiple leads to the same signal, and everything seems to point to it being a problem with the channel.  When I swap lead clips/wires, the problem remains on channel 3, and the channel 3 clips/wires work fine on other channels.  When I hook up to other signals I see the same behavior.  When I hook up multiple channels to the same signal on the device, the other channels display it properly.  Every once in awhile, it does seem to start working properly, but only briefly.  I've attached a screenshot which demonstrates channel 3 and 6 both connected to the same signal pin, with 6 properly displaying the square wave and 3 showing the issue.  I've updated the firmware to the latest (4.4.3.2, which displays as 4.4.SP3) and ran a self calibration, no change.  Any thoughts on further troubleshooting?

Offline 2A03

Re: MSO1074Z Troubleshooting bad LA channel
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 12:10:37 pm »
Try changing the threshold voltage of LA.

Offline qwertymodoTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 09:33:44 pm »
I tried that, no difference.  And it's only on that one channel.  All of the other channels work just fine on that same signal for all of the threshold values I tested.

Offline Tangent_Tracker

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2018, 01:14:25 pm »
Did you get to the bottom of this without returning?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf