Author Topic: MSO4054  (Read 1905 times)

Offline ExodusEffectsTopic starter

• Contributor
MSO4054
« on: November 15, 2018, 11:27:41 am »
I can't express how much I love this new scope; the specs are incredible and more over the price I was able to secure it for is unheard of.

They only charged me $5000 CND >:D

It was a demo unit, but for Electro-Meters to provide me with such a significant discount I felt I should give them a shout out, FYI they still have a huge sale going on for demo equipment from Yokogawa, Itech and Rigol.

http://www.electro-meters.com/demo-specials/

Shipping is no problem they told me, I was torn as they are having a 30% off on a lot of new Itech stuff as well, after dropping 5 grand on this I’m afraid I’ll be missing out on the itech sale.

Happy hunting guy's

« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:33:36 am by ExodusEffects »

The following users thanked this post: rsjsouza, jjoonathan

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
Re: MSO4054
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 06:36:17 pm »
So now you have a lecroy 9424, rigol 1054z, and a rigol mso4054? Join TEA.

The following users thanked this post: ExodusEffects

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 07:23:38 pm »
Return it. With a bit of waiting you can probably buy the MSO5000 and hack it.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 07:45:24 pm »
Return it. With a bit of waiting you can probably buy the MSO5000 and hack it.

That's why they are doing the promotion...  ::)

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 07:50:36 pm »
Yea, but also the 4054 is probably a better overall scope even hacking the 5k.

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 08:55:02 pm »

Really?  And for that price?

I've got a DS4024 and it's a good scope... but it is definitely an older one.  I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a new one given the alternatives available, even though I recognize it would be difficult to find 500MHz bandwidth on this modern of a scope for $5000 CAD new.  Especially if you already have multiple, I'd look towards a more modern option to 200MHz or so (maybe with a 10 or 12 bit converter) then pick up an older 500MHz+ bandwidth scope, though it wouldn't be surprising to see some big deals coming on the 4000 series or even the 6000 series rigol scopes given the new launches (though, maybe longer for the 6000 series since the 1GHz+ models for the 7000 series aren't out yet.)

Don't mean to rain on the OP's parade, like I said I think it's a good scope, just seems like a tough sale at the pricepoint given the market - there have been a lot of improvements made and competitors in the price segment in the last 7 years.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 09:31:40 pm »

Really?  And for that price?

I've got a DS4024 and it's a good scope... but it is definitely an older one.  I wouldn't spend that kind of money on a new one given the alternatives available, even though I recognize it would be difficult to find 500MHz bandwidth on this modern of a scope for $5000 CAD new.  Especially if you already have multiple, I'd look towards a more modern option to 200MHz or so (maybe with a 10 or 12 bit converter) then pick up an older 500MHz+ bandwidth scope, though it wouldn't be surprising to see some big deals coming on the 4000 series or even the 6000 series rigol scopes given the new launches (though, maybe longer for the 6000 series since the 1GHz+ models for the 7000 series aren't out yet.)

Don't mean to rain on the OP's parade, like I said I think it's a good scope, just seems like a tough sale at the pricepoint given the market - there have been a lot of improvements made and competitors in the price segment in the last 7 years.

For 3700usd I don't think that's a bad scope and the 5k doesn't have 500MHz bandwidth or the active probe interface. I don't need 500MHz bandwidth though so personally I'd never have bought it. What else specifically would you have bought with a similar or better feature set? I don't typically look at the mid-range stuff much with no use for it.

The following users thanked this post: Fungus, ExodusEffects

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf