Author Topic: MTI-1200 Fotonic Sensor  (Read 834 times)

Offline mdszyTopic starter

• Supporter
  • somehow has an ee degree
    • szy.io
MTI-1200 Fotonic Sensor
« on: October 17, 2018, 09:38:27 pm »
I just recently got an MTI-1200 Fotonic sensor from my local university and was wondering if anyone knew anything about these things! This one has a single channel installed and light comes out of the probe at the end, and it powers on, auto-zeroes and everything. I have no idea how to test it further. Anyone have any ideas?

Furthermore, anyone have any idea as to how much one of these is worth in used condition? I see some on eBay currently for quite a bit of money and I really have no idea how much this thing would go for.
somehow allowed to be a Pixie Wrangler in Training
eBay Store | My site | Hackaday.io Projects | my mastodon.technology profile

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
Re: MTI-1200 Fotonic Sensor
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 10:12:32 pm »
It is used similarly to a dial indicator, to measure deflection such as runout in a bearing or eccentricity in a gear. You could put the probe in a clamp and aim it at a rotating object such as a drill chuck. As the object rotates, its runout will vary the distance to the probe, which should appear on the instrument's output.

The following users thanked this post: mdszy

Offline mdszyTopic starter

• Supporter
  • somehow has an ee degree
    • szy.io
Re: MTI-1200 Fotonic Sensor
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 10:19:57 pm »
It is used similarly to a dial indicator, to measure deflection such as runout in a bearing or eccentricity in a gear. You could put the probe in a clamp and aim it at a rotating object such as a drill chuck. As the object rotates, its runout will vary the distance to the probe, which should appear on the instrument's output.

Oh gotcha, cool! Thanks, I'll see if I can give that a try at some point soon!
somehow allowed to be a Pixie Wrangler in Training
eBay Store | My site | Hackaday.io Projects | my mastodon.technology profile

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf