Author Topic: UNI-T UTD2102CEL vs. Rigol DS1102E?  (Read 77925 times)

Offline The1

• Contributor
Re: UNI-T UTD2102CEL vs. Rigol DS1102E?
« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2011, 11:18:06 am »
i ended up getting a rigol 1052, you can still do the upgrade even with the latest firmware, so no reason to by anything else!

Offline Kozmyk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 03:05:50 am »
I was tempted by the UNI-T but I wanted to know what the 2 x 600k "Record Length" meant.
Now I know, sort of, thanks guys.
I thought that description didn't look right.
I guess they're hoping that people will assume it means 2 x 600k depth and think it's a good deal.
I nearly did.
Looking at the makers spec rather than an advert, they claim 2 x 512kpts not 600.

One thing I'm still not quite clear on though is, looking at the Rigol DS1052E by comparison, how much better is it's 1Mpts record length (512kpts dual ch)?
More to the point, how much more useful is that extra number of recorded points.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 03:43:44 am by Kozmyk »

Offline gsmicro

« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2012, 02:26:02 am »
I purchased an UTD 2052CEL oscilloscope & like to write a review on it.

Before that I like to know from “Mala_elektronic” – Matins reviews that there were some FFT bug in this scope.
I like to know how he measured that!!

Here how I did. I measured the 1Khz square wave pulse & opened the FFT window. Now I set the cursors to “TIME”. But the cursors are placed its own positions. When I move the cursors the frequency changes. So I cannot guess the frequency is correct or not!!

I want to know how can I check my FFT is correct or not?

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 06:18:06 pm »
Send it a test square wave, the fundamental and all the harmonics progress in a fixed sequence in amplitude and value.

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_7/2.html

I purchased an UTD 2052CEL oscilloscope & like to write a review on it.

Before that I like to know from “Mala_elektronic” – Matins reviews that there were some FFT bug in this scope.
I like to know how he measured that!!

Here how I did. I measured the 1Khz square wave pulse & opened the FFT window. Now I set the cursors to “TIME”. But the cursors are placed its own positions. When I move the cursors the frequency changes. So I cannot guess the frequency is correct or not!!

I want to know how can I check my FFT is correct or not?

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline gsmicro

« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2012, 11:53:52 pm »
Send it a test square wave, the fundamental and all the harmonics progress in a fixed sequence in amplitude and value.

You mean feed a square wave signal & open the FFT menu & check the frequency correct or not?What about the cursors?Where do I have to place cursors?

Can I feed that 1Khz probe test square wave?

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2012, 12:43:20 pm »
On bold item, yes.  I don't know what type of scope you have but simply check the fundamental frequency, which in your example is 1kHz, then the odd multiples: 3, 5, 7, 9 kHz etc., you should be able to see at least to 7 or 9.   Then check the amplitude as being expected, 1/3, 1/5 etc.,

1 kHz is fine for starters, but to find out your scopes capacity you need a frequency closer to its maximum capability.

You mean feed a square wave signal & open the FFT menu & check the frequency correct or not?What about the cursors?Where do I have to place cursors?

Can I feed that 1Khz probe test square wave?
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline poorchava

• Super Contributor
  • Troll Cave Electronics!
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012, 06:45:54 am »
I'm using Atten ADS1022C. I believe it's the lowest model of a DSO made by Atten. It so happens that in Poland, when bought from a reseller they cost about 2/3 of the Rigol. At the same time I've got official 2yrs warranty for it, as the EU regulations say (actually probably the only one thing I like about the whole EU stuff).

Now ranting: it lackas ability, to select measurement parameters (like freq, vrms, duty cycle etc) of observed waveform and put them on screen while hiding the rest of the menu (i like that in Tek scopes). As I generally do sub-5MHz stuff, this scope is fine for me. (and I've got periocical access to http://www.home.agilent.com/agilent/product.jspx?nid=-33565.924879.00&cc=PL&lc=eng).

If you live someehere in west-EU, US or UK, I'd probably go for http://pl.farnell.com/agilent-technologies/dsox2004a-dso2wavegen-dsoxdvm/kit-oscilloscope-with-wavegen-dsoxdvm/dp/2084586?in_merch=New%20Products

Agilent(!) 4-channel (!) 70MHz BW, 50k waveforms infiniivision chip (!) fitted with 20MHz function generator (no AWG though) for EUR 1.5k. Actually pretty large amount of money for me (You can easily buy a quite nice condition 10yr old car for that here in Poland), but I think I'll start saving up :)
I love the smell of FR4 in the morning!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf