Author Topic: New ANENG Q1 9999 Counts ?  (Read 64971 times)

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
Re: New ANENG Q1 9999 Counts ?
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2019, 03:43:25 pm »
Similar deal but a sticker covers the Amps sockets. Ammeter ANENG Q1

https://ebay.us/uJHCMz

Wouldn't that make it everything except an "ammeter"?  :-DD

A good one :P Yeah that way they may also skip the fuses as well. Does it works well for panel meter?
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2019, 03:53:24 pm »
Wouldn't that make it everything except an "ammeter"?  :-DD

A good one :P Yeah that way they may also skip the fuses as well. Does it works well for panel meter?

For a panel meter I'd use one with a better display. Even if we stick with ANENG they make dozens of little manual ranging meters that would be suitable (and cheaper than the Q1).

eg. This one is "large screen":

PS: Does the Q1 power-on and show a reading automatically after power is applied to a device? One of those will...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 04:34:24 pm by Fungus »

Offline casinada

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2019, 04:20:39 pm »
The same seller has the Aneng 8009 for $6
https://www.ebay.com/sch/youjin950/m.html?item=283337236145&hash=item41f8371eb1%3Ag%3AA-0AAOSwmvpcOqdA%3Ark%3A5%3Apf%3A0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm sure he's just trying to establish himself as a seller. Those prices are way low. Shipping costs more  :-//

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2019, 07:43:37 pm »

I guess you can remove the sticker; it's only a warning.
It says: "STOP TESTING VOLTAGE IN CURRENT MODE!"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANENG-Q1-TrueRMS-Digital-Multimeter-Button-9999-Counts-With-Analog-Bar-Graph-Ammeter-Voltmeter-Ohm-Voltage/32908396270.html

Good advice, actually.  :P

The following users thanked this post: malagas_on_fire

Offline calin

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2019, 09:08:39 pm »
Now can somebody tell me why the h$@^#@ ?!!! I i just bought other two of these  :-//  I already have two !!!
Thanks a lot "casinada"  !!! It is ALL your fault ;D 

I am curious tough if we get anything delivered @ that price.

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2019, 10:11:42 pm »

I guess you can remove the sticker; it's only a warning.
It says: "STOP TESTING VOLTAGE IN CURRENT MODE!"

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANENG-Q1-TrueRMS-Digital-Multimeter-Button-9999-Counts-With-Analog-Bar-Graph-Ammeter-Voltmeter-Ohm-Voltage/32908396270.html

Good advice, actually.  :P

Were customers using too much voltage in current mode for such labeling?  :-DD
The price is somehow very low ... hope somebody receives one to confirm shipping :P
If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2019, 03:50:33 am »

With the sticker, and this as the first line of the eBay description "Please Note you have to reading the operate manual first before use,otherwise you will burn the device with wrong operat." I imagine they are getting a lot of people putting the probes into the current socket and then putting the other end into the wall socket.

I havn't used one, but I see that the DCA/ACA modes are on the power button... don't tell me that if you hit the power button it goes into DCA mode... that would be quite an easy way to fail.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2019, 06:28:09 am »
With the sticker, and this as the first line of the eBay description "Please Note you have to reading the operate manual first before use,otherwise you will burn the device with wrong operat." I imagine they are getting a lot of people putting the probes into the current socket and then putting the other end into the wall socket.

I'm guessing you're right.

On the AliExpress page:

* Do NOT input voltage at the Current Mode, the Resistance Mode, the Diode Mode, the Continuity Mode, or the Temperature Mode.
* Do NOT input voltage exceeds 36V DC or 25V AC when you are at the setting of measuring current.

They've probably had a lot of customers claiming "It doesn't work!"  :scared:

Still, it's evidence that the meter is "safe". A complaining customer is a not-dead customer.  :popcorn:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 06:37:00 am by Fungus »

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #158 on: January 17, 2019, 07:41:59 am »
Let’s see how much current the socket can provide.

I have seen it a lot of times usually it happens from inexperienced DIY guys.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #159 on: January 17, 2019, 08:41:50 am »
Yeah but you don't see these warnings or stickers on other meters, there must be something about this one which makes it more likely, or more of a problem.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #160 on: January 17, 2019, 09:28:41 am »
Well the uni-t 50b has some warning symbols printed near to the sockets and this meter is quite old, from 2010 , but yet stickers rather new. :

https://www.fasttech.com/product/1204400-uni-t-ut50b-2-5-lcd-handheld-digital-multimeter

Good spoting on the description.

[Edit] Forgot to mention the date of the meter and sorry the english...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:49:22 pm by malagas_on_fire »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #161 on: January 17, 2019, 11:50:19 am »
Let’s see how much current the socket can provide. I have seen it a lot of times usually it happens from inexperienced DIY guys.

Make sure the wires are OK?  :-DD

Yeah but you don't see these warnings or stickers on other meters, there must be something about this one which makes it more likely, or more of a problem.

There's nothing intrinsically different about it, the sockets are labelled just like all the others.

Maybe it's just the start. Maybe all meters will have those stickers soon now that the price is low enough for tempt more people to buy direct from China.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #162 on: January 17, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
There's nothing intrinsically different about it, the sockets are labelled just like all the others.

Delete that, I just watched Dave's video again and it auto-detects the ranges when you move the leads around. If you plug it into the mA range it selects mA for you and allows current through. The other meters need you to select mA with the dial before current flows.

I'm not sure what demons are unleashed by that feature but I'm guessing quite a few people have done that then tried to return it after it went bang.

PS: I'd forgotten that the display is unreadable at 2.4V battery voltage. That's game over, right there.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 12:14:14 pm by Fungus »

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2019, 04:29:28 pm »
The same seller has the Aneng 8009 for $6
https://www.ebay.com/sch/youjin950/m.html?item=283337236145&hash=item41f8371eb1%3Ag%3AA-0AAOSwmvpcOqdA%3Ark%3A5%3Apf%3A0&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I'm sure he's just trying to establish himself as a seller. Those prices are way low. Shipping costs more  :-//

I'm tempted to order one just for the leads, case and submersible temperature probe.

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2019, 05:11:37 pm »
In the description is there a mistake?

"Do NOT input voltage exceeds 36V DC or 25V AC when you are at the setting of measuring current. "  or doesn't handle 250V volt on the Amps scale for example measuring current in DUT on a mains circuit.... That would give some burned multimeters....  if exceding this voltages :P  It is also written in the manual...

For acessories thats a good bargain indeed

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2019, 05:28:02 pm »

"Do NOT input voltage exceeds 36V DC or 25V AC when you are at the setting of measuring current. "

Presumably that's what it takes to blow the fuse (current given by Ohm's law).

I just noticed it's the model with NCV as well. Overcome by GAS, I ordered one.  ::)

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #166 on: January 17, 2019, 05:39:17 pm »

"Do NOT input voltage exceeds 36V DC or 25V AC when you are at the setting of measuring current. "  or doesn't handle 250V volt on the Amps scale for example measuring current in DUT on a mains circuit.... That would give some burned multimeters....  if exceding this voltages :P  It is also written in the manual...

Sorry it is not written in the manual that warning but another:

"When the voltage to be measured exceeds 36V
DC or 25V AC, the operator shall be careful
enough to avoid electric shock."

Doesn't refer about maximum allowed / rated voltage on current measurement. So are added notes :P

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #167 on: January 17, 2019, 06:02:45 pm »
ANENG products approved to 3V under 61010. After all, it does just run on a pair of AA batteries...
It is a way to fudge safety certification (claims), so they need the <36VDC spec.

Offline martin1454

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #168 on: January 23, 2019, 09:26:05 am »
Will be interesting to see if I will recive the 6$ multimeter there were on ebay - Just checked the order:
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

This user is no longer registered on eBay.

This item has been dispatched.
I have a tracking number,  but it only says: Jan 19, 2019
22:34pm PST
Tracking number provided

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #169 on: January 23, 2019, 09:35:16 am »
I had one richmeters RM101 that was on that situation of listed item being removal and it came to PO box luckly.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: January 23, 2019, 10:43:46 am »
Will be interesting to see if I will recive the 6$ multimeter there were on ebay - Just checked the order:
We had to remove this listing from the site and you're not required to complete the transaction. If you've already sent payment, the sale should process as normal and you don't have anything to worry about. If you have any questions about delivery, please check tracking or contact your seller. If you run into any trouble along the way eBay is here to help. Please visit the Resolution Centre to help resolve any problems you may encounter.

Tracking number provided

I get the same thing!

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: January 23, 2019, 03:32:44 pm »
i hate ebay - 99% of my shopping now is from aliexpress.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #172 on: January 23, 2019, 05:11:09 pm »

Tracking number provided

I get the same thing!
I have been in this situation before; eBay will not allow opening a case before the end of the estimated delivery time - which in my case is March 20th. Just have to keep an eye on the mailbox and/or the date (time to put an alarm on my scheduler).

If that was a scam, what annoys me is that I received the promotion via eBay e-mail. I even got an AN8009 together with the RM409B.

I saved the screenshot of both listings if you are interested (and if you end up receiving something that does not match the description).
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

The following users thanked this post: martin1454

Offline martin1454

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #173 on: January 24, 2019, 12:26:22 pm »
@rsjsouza Well, then we just play the waiting game - thanks for the screen shots, I also bought both the 8009 and "Q1"

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #174 on: January 24, 2019, 12:35:29 pm »
@rsjsouza Well, then we just play the waiting game - thanks for the screen shots, I also bought both the 8009 and "Q1"

Yep. It's only $6, not $600. Let's wait and see.

Those prices were very suspicious though.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf