Author Topic: New DP832 w/ LAN option losing network connectivity  (Read 2607 times)

Offline smuebregTopic starter

New DP832 w/ LAN option losing network connectivity
« on: October 18, 2017, 03:06:24 pm »
I just sent a support request out to Rigol NA but wanted to get any relevant feedback/ideas from you all in case I'm missing something simple...

I have two Rigol instruments already on my LAN (DS2072, DG1022z). They have been performing very well, rock solid remote control connection at all times.

I just purchased a DP832 and unlocked the LAN option. When connected to the same network switch as the other instruments, the device connects to the LAN and works for 1-3 minutes, then drops off the network and is unreachable.

After trying all combinations of DHCP, Static IP, moving equipment around on my network, different router, etc, I concluded that the LAN interface must be defective and replaced the instrument with another new one.

However the replacement DP832 exhibits the SAME problem. After negotiating a LAN connection it lasts for a minute or two and then disappears...pings just come back "destination unreachable".

When I isolate the instrument on a router with only one other computer for testing, the connection usually stays up longer, sometimes several minutes or more. But then it eventually still dies.

This leads me to believe the problem has to do with the amount of traffic on the LAN, perhaps overflowing something in software on the DP832? Or perhaps there is a hardware flaw in the lot of instruments that these came from?

Both devices I tried otherwise seem to be working perfectly. USB works, as does RS-232. But I want this on my LAN to monitor and control remotely.

Ideas?

Offline smuebregTopic starter

Re: New DP832 w/ LAN option losing network connectivity
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 04:59:37 pm »
Thanks, I don't know how I missed that...practically the identical setup as the OP, too...

Glad I'm not the only one.

Offline Ross

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2018, 03:16:10 am »
Unless, my browser is obfuscating things, I not sure what your solution was? Would you please elaborate?

Offline RobertPS

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 09:04:45 am »
Search for "DP832 network" on the forum.  ;D

Offline maukka

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 11:11:24 am »
My solution for the DP811A dropping LAN connection was just replacing the ethernet cable.

Offline Ross

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2018, 10:42:48 pm »
In the end I contacted Rigol Support and was given a solution. I would recommend that if anyone else has this issue that they do the same. Very fast response.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 01:21:28 am »
In the end I contacted Rigol Support and was given a solution. I would recommend that if anyone else has this issue that they do the same. Very fast response.

Any reason for not posting the solution?

I don't know that I plan to connect any of my test instruments to my LAN but it's always better to know than not.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 04:34:40 pm »

How "helpfull" is that ansver ?  ???

/Bingo

Offline Ross

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2018, 02:06:50 am »

How "helpfull" is that ansver ?  ???

/Bingo

Very, fixed my problem, has not dropped out again since (touch wood).   :)

Offline 1anX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2018, 07:05:29 am »
Rigol firmware update v1.16 supposedly is the fix. I went thru the Aus Rigol download site and all they had was v1.14 which I already have.
I dont know why the version that fixes the Lan problem is not available for public download?
If you find out the mystery of Rigol not making it readily available please post your answer back here so we can all know!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf