Author Topic: New EEVBlog-Branded Multimeter Coming?  (Read 85237 times)

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
Re: New EEVBlog-Branded Multimeter Coming?
« Reply #450 on: January 12, 2018, 11:45:40 pm »
I tried the SD card data logging overnight with 5V and 50V.
Thanks!!  This is very good news.  After hearing about the VA, I was starting to wonder. 
How electrically robust is your meter?? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK99WXk9VhcghnAauTBsbg

Offline Iagash

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #451 on: January 12, 2018, 11:52:35 pm »
I am looking forward to get the meter in a month or two and check it out (I will do a review). The main reasons I got the meter was the low burden voltage and the 15V diode mode. I wonder if the VA mode is useful, I will probably continue to use my meter with a real W mode.

I'm looking forward to your review.
Thanks for all your other reviews on your website. It's my first stop whenever I need a new battery or charger. :-)

Offline fanOfeeDIY

• Supporter
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2018, 12:06:42 am »
I tried the SD card data logging overnight with 5V and 50V.
Thanks!!  This is very good news.  After hearing about the VA, I was starting to wonder.

It was also a happy surprise for me with the really consist measurement numbers considering 50,000 counts with 0.05% in the spec.

Online HKJ

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2018, 12:39:55 am »
Thanks for all your other reviews on your website. It's my first stop whenever I need a new battery or charger. :-)

I also hope to make the multimeter reviews useful for selecting a meter, but I need more for that, at the moment there is only 18 reviews.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2018, 04:18:05 am »

I also hope to make the multimeter reviews useful for selecting a meter, but I need more for that, at the moment there is only 18 reviews.

Well we have the miliohm meter in common, the YR1030 that you can test interns,battery resistance with.’oh, but the way. Ignore my message on the other site, I found the manual and translated it.
In fact if you want a copy to post on your review in PDF fr]ormst just let me know.
Thanks,
Scott
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. http://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #455 on: January 13, 2018, 06:08:30 am »
I am looking forward to get the meter in a month or two and check it out (I will do a review).

HKJ - something that would help me and maybe others - put a link to your great website in your profile so it shows up every time you write something.  Every time you write something, I try to find it and fail. (also I want to add it to #3).
If not how about give it to me one last time.

Thanks and keep up the outstanding work. For those that do not know - HKJ has the best site for battery and battery charger reviews.

:-+

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  http://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline maukka

• Supporter
« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2018, 06:16:22 am »
HKJ - something that would help me and maybe others - put a link to your great website in your profile so it shows up every time you write something

You can click the globe below his name which leads to lygte-info.dk

The following users thanked this post: ez24

Online HKJ

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2018, 06:22:11 am »
put a link to your great website in your profile so it shows up every time you write something.  Every time you write something, I try to find it and fail. (also I want to add it to #3).

Click the globe to the left, it leads directly to my website (I fixed that last time I got a complain about it).
The website do not use a framework to give a good layout, but is old style html, this makes it very fast to navigate if you know how to use your browser.
I publish many reviews, that is not the same as they are superficial, due to automation there is usual a lot of testing behind each review.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2018, 07:03:06 am »
Beep beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

Skip to 6min 32sec

Hey, at least that one doesn't play music at you!

Skip to 1min 15sec

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2018, 07:41:48 am »
Click the globe to the left

Thank you - I did not know this  :-+
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  http://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #460 on: January 13, 2018, 08:25:16 am »
Beep beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD....

Skip to 6min 32sec

Hey, at least that one doesn't play music at you!

Skip to 1min 15sec

My U1273A did the same... (skip to 15:15)
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #461 on: January 13, 2018, 11:45:23 am »
Wait, the 121GW can't play music can it??   I know my UT90A could.   :-DD 

How electrically robust is your meter?? http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsK99WXk9VhcghnAauTBsbg

Offline GameProgrammer79

• Contributor
    • IoT Daemon
« Reply #462 on: January 14, 2018, 01:02:22 am »
Wait, the 121GW can't play music can it??   I know my UT90A could.   :-DD 
That seems to be the most critical issue found in 121GW so far.. :-DD
Folks I am getting back in Electronics game after 18 odd years :)

Offline coromonadalix

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #463 on: January 14, 2018, 06:40:47 am »
Do you want it to play mp3 from the sd card  lolll

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #464 on: January 14, 2018, 06:46:24 am »

Yes I think this a good feature for a meter.

Edit: Because I am an MP3 player addict like the MM addicts here.  I think I have bought every MP3 player made since the Rio
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:14:27 am by ez24 »

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #465 on: January 14, 2018, 07:02:34 am »

..Well the Micsig tablet scopes can play videos, but I suspect the 121GW's processor doesn't have the power to decode MP3s. WAVs, maybe..
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #466 on: January 14, 2018, 07:10:18 am »
I agree.  Dave could start the EEVTunes store to buy your favorite music.

Offline brainwash

• Frequent Contributor
    • Hack Correlation
« Reply #467 on: January 14, 2018, 11:25:21 am »

..Well the Micsig tablet scopes can play videos, but I suspect the 121GW's processor doesn't have the power to decode MP3s. WAVs, maybe..

If I remember correctly there's a 32-bit ARM inside it. Most of those can decode MP3s, even without an FPU. Talking about low-bitrate here.
My opinion is that, if this thing lands in enough hands, even without source code and firmware, some people will manage to built a custom firmware for it. It has happened to every thing that was affordable and/or appealing. Either that, or something better, cheaper and more hackable comes along.

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #468 on: January 14, 2018, 11:32:05 am »
Can’t have the EEVBlog music store for this meter unit we can use the Bluetooth to either transfer the music to the meter, or play music on it and pair it with a speaker or headset. Then the Bluetooth would have a purpose. From what I’ve read it’s slow update refresh using it with the app so far, and you can’t transfer the logs from the meter to a computer (I don’t believe this one was never in scope). But if they can’t fkx the slow refresh rate on the app I’ll gladly give that up for playing music a BT headset, and put a bugger SD card in it.
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. http://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #469 on: January 15, 2018, 01:28:17 am »
If folks want a MP3 player plus a multimeter, why not buy a mooshimeter instead? :-DD
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline brainwash

• Frequent Contributor
    • Hack Correlation
« Reply #470 on: January 15, 2018, 01:39:31 am »
If I remember correctly there's a 32-bit ARM inside it. Most of those can decode MP3s, even without an FPU. Talking about low-bitrate here.
My opinion is that, if this thing lands in enough hands, even without source code and firmware, some people will manage to built a custom firmware for it. It has happened to every thing that was affordable and/or appealing. Either that, or something better, cheaper and more hackable comes along.

Just did a few minutes of research on this, it's probably not possible to do significant MP3 decoding unless you have an M4F and above. Only those have the single-cycle MAC instruction. It's mostly fixed-point arithmetic, but it needs to happen pretty fast. Was just a theoretical question anyway, I doubt anyone will try to implement this.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #471 on: January 15, 2018, 02:24:20 am »
If folks want a MP3 player plus a multimeter, why not buy a mooshimeter instead? :-DD
I think Scott said he played with one.   

I have not seen anyone make a video of the BT yet.   I thought they were only planning to use it for logging and not to do updates or even pull the contents from the card?  If it is only used for logging, the speed may not be a problem.   

The Gossen meter sounds as fast in autorange.  It's BT could also be used to log but the meter was such power hog, it won't run for very long between battery changes.  They do have that external power port so you can plug it into your portable Nuke for extended logging.   :-DD   Then there's my cheap $120 CEM with it's 900MHz radio running off a single 9V for days with logging.  :-DD   It will be interesting to see how the UEI meter stacks up with speed, battery life and distance.       

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #472 on: January 15, 2018, 03:14:33 am »
Another new review!  :-+   They are starting to trickle in.

Just finished watching it.  He compares it with a BM867s and shows some speed comparisons.  He also shows the power measurement.  9.846W vs 9.42W seems like a lot of error doesn't it?     

It's been a while but it seems like they were not accounting for the losses in the meter.   I made a few videos showing the basic circuit and such to try and isolate it further after I was told I had it connected wrong.   I would be interested in seeing someone with the production meter dive into the power measurement in more detail.  A video specifically for that one feature, showing all your connections and such.   

It's a shame they capped it at 50V.  I was all along thinking AC line power measurements.     

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 03:31:39 am by joeqsmith »

Offline mattselectronics

« Reply #473 on: January 15, 2018, 04:27:17 am »
Just a quick comment about the power measurement.
I did this mainly to show it working and how the update speed is.
I didn't use the sense pins on the electronic load. This means, the cable and connector loss from the multimeter to the load are included in the Multimeter measurement, but not in the DC-load display.
Because of that, it is absoluteliy expected, that the load shows a lower value.
I'll add a comment to the video to make that clear.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 04:36:36 am by mattselectronics »

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #474 on: January 15, 2018, 04:51:15 am »
If you wouldn't mind,  I would like to see you try it with the best case conditions you can come up with and see what results you get.   Explain your setup in the video if you decide to make another. 

Thanks for the video BTW.  I gave it the old TU. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf