Author Topic: new killer scope in town - a true game changer from R&S - RTB2002 & RTB2004  (Read 815721 times)

Kean, egonotto, Darkover and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Keysights looking more and more attractive every day.
Beware the PSU problems.

I'd take your opinion with a grain of salt, as your a siglent dealer.. Running down competition just is a bad bad look
Opinion ?
The evidence is in several threads.

I dont' care if its fact or opinion.  I find it very bad form when a reseller of one brand starts bad mouthing another.  Your 'facts' are coloured by a desire to sell your product.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Beware the PSU problems.
What PSU problems exactly?
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: mrpackethead

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Beware the PSU problems.
Well at least I can fix a PSU myself. Bugs in firmware however...
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline mrpackethead

• Super Contributor
  • D Size Cell
Can get a new psu.  And theres every good chance i can fix one too.    WHat i can't fix is a scope that never materialised, or a scope that was $2000 and then became $7000 just becuase i live in teh wrong part of the planet.
On a quest to find increasingly complicated ways to blink things

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
I seem to remember that people have gotten messed up autocal from DS1000Z, no?

No.

(apart from one guy who had a defective scope)

Offline skench

• Contributor
Re: The promo deal IS still on at Newark for USA buyers
« Reply #805 on: March 30, 2017, 10:52:47 am »

Just a reminder that the $2080 promo package deal on the RTB2004 *is* still going on at Newark, but apparently they can only sell into the USA market.  They have a pricing mixup with their system though.  I exchanged some PMs today with a fellow buying one and Rich from R&S.  The website shows $2080 here

http://www.newark.com/rohde-schwarz/rtb2k-com4/rtb2004-complete-bundle-300-mhz/dp/08AC3745?ost=rtb2004&categoryId=800000047008&searchView=table&iscrfnonsku=false

But when you put it in your cart the number may flip to the $7900 (or $8600 I just learned) list price for the package.  Or it may show the correct price in the cart and $8600 then show up in the email confirm.  The system is grabbing from a database that doesn't have the promo pricing now that the deal is over at the other two US distributors.  Rich says you have to call into Newark's sales department and talk to them to get it priced correctly, until they can get the database thing worked out.

I ordered one from Newark yesterday, and as predicted, the email confirmation came back today with a total of $7920 (no sales tax here).

After a bit of time on the phone with a confused Newark customer service rep, the order was cancelled/replaced and a confirmation came back with the correct price.
He stated that they had these in stock; shipping date is supposed to be tomorrow.

Hi Corax,

Can you confirm that this is the RTB2K-COM4 promo package because the description on the Newark page does not include all the extra options?

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
Beware the PSU problems.
I'd take your opinion with a grain of salt, as your a siglent dealer.. Running down competition just is a bad bad look
Opinion ?
The evidence is in several threads

In two consecutive posts, you have made claims regarding Keysight quality without providing any references or facts. I agree with Mrpackethead that this is bad style, in particular given the fact that you are a dealer for a competing brand.

Even if you can give a link to some thread, that would be anecdotal evidence at best. But just claiming that some problem exists looks like an obvious attempt to spread FUD, and won't help your reputation.

The following users thanked this post: termi, mrpackethead

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
These and others linked in the thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hosed-by-my-msox-3024a/

The 2 you linked in are not PSU problems!
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
These and others linked in the thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hosed-by-my-msox-3024a/

The 2 you linked in are not PSU problems!
True, my oversight, only the first one was related to PSU failure.  :palm:

As some might seem a little touchy about having some of their other problems pointed out I'll let you find them yourselves in the links provided.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
Regarding the percussive effect, please let me know if I am missing something, but I couldn't issue a trigBeatTM to my DS4014.

https://youtu.be/jPRe2YsNcRo
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
Try hitting harder with a larger object

Offline MJF

Please set input impedance from 50 Ohm to 1 MOhm and repeat...

Offline kcbrown

• Frequent Contributor
As some might seem a little touchy about having some of their other problems pointed out I'll let you find them yourselves in the links provided.

"Go find the evidence supporting my claim yourself" isn't exactly the way to bolster your claims, even when you provide hints as to where the evidence can be found.   They're your claims, so it's on you to support them.  If there are messages which support your claim, you can provide links to them directly.

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
OK. I'll bite..... but I cannot get my hands on one due to the distributor restrictions not selling outside of the US (and I thought this would be over).

Is there anybody here from the US who would be willing to order it for me? Preferrably a company so sales tax would not apply for me. I will keep care of the shipping (DHL pickup) and pay all other costs of course and will add some premium for your help. Any details with payment etc. should be discussed in private, so please PM me. Please only reputable forum members with a history.
Thanks!

Offline Fgrir

• Regular Contributor
Is there anybody here from the US who would be willing to order it for me?

I would but all my money is tied up helping a nigerian prince at the moment  ;)

Online coppice

• Super Contributor

"Go find the evidence supporting my claim yourself" isn't exactly the way to bolster your claims, even when you provide hints as to where the evidence can be found.   They're your claims, so it's on you to support them.  If there are messages which support your claim, you can provide links to them directly.
Editing out the part of his message which provided links is REALLY sleazy behaviour.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
I somehow had the impression he was using 50 \$\Omega\$ all around. I will retest later today or tomorrow.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
Why bother ordering a device with such major design flaws? Check the recent video from Dave!

OK. I'll bite..... but I cannot get my hands on one due to the distributor restrictions not selling outside of the US (and I thought this would be over).

Is there anybody here from the US who would be willing to order it for me? Preferrably a company so sales tax would not apply for me. I will keep care of the shipping (DHL pickup) and pay all other costs of course and will add some premium for your help. Any details with payment etc. should be discussed in private, so please PM me. Please only reputable forum members with a history.
Thanks!

Offline TK

• Super Contributor
  • I am a Systems Analyst who plays with Electronics
I somehow had the impression he was using 50 \$\Omega\$ all around. I will retest later today or tomorrow.
RTB2000 does not have 50 ohm input option

Offline JanJansen

• Frequent Contributor
First you set the settings, then you measure, you dont measure while you use the touch screen, or am i wrong ?
You can touch the screen a bit softer also, does the clicking switches also trigger the noise ?
aliexpress parachute

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
Why bother ordering a device with such major design flaws? Check the recent video from Dave!
Because the US deal is still a fantastic deal, and unless you want to probe very low level signals with a high impedance probe while wacking the scope it's just not a problem in practice.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Frost, Fgrir, Octane

Offline pascal_sweden

• Super Contributor
Can someone summarize the US deal, in terms of pricing and features? When does it end?

Offline piranha32

• Supporter
    • random ramblings of an engineer
Can someone summarize the US deal, in terms of pricing and features? When does it end?

Fully loaded RTB2004 for $2080. Seems to be still available at Newark.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
First you set the settings, then you measure, you dont measure while you use the touch screen, or am i wrong ?
You can touch the screen a bit softer also, does the clicking switches also trigger the noise ?
It can be a problem if you look at a signal (zoom in, scroll, enable measurement) with the scope in run mode. You might create a trigger and erase the measurement you made. Basically the sensitivity to tapping forces you to use single trigger mode / switch between run & stop mode in cases where it shouldn't be really necessary.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf