Author Topic: New RIGOL DG1022Z ?  (Read 13439 times)

Offline simone.pignattiTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
New RIGOL DG1022Z ?
« on: September 23, 2016, 09:57:12 am »
We have spotted this document online where there is evidence of a new 25MHz generator added to the RIGOL DG1000Z family.
It seems the DG1022Z will have 2Mpts memory instead of 8Mpts (DG1032Z and DG1062Z).
Same Sample Rate of 200MSa/s on all models.

We will post more info as soon as we get or find them :)

http://www.rigol.cn/File/TechDoc/20160912/DG1000Z_UserGuide_CN.pdf
Technical Support

Offline PinheadBE

• Regular Contributor
  • Pinball Freak
Re: New RIGOL DG1022Z ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:47:29 pm »
Just received an e-mail from Rigol: DS1022Z appeared on their website.
Looks like a very interesting AWG for hobbyists.
Please keep our planet clean

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:01:20 pm »

Price for 2 x 25 MHz: 359 US$.

Perhaps a very nice gift under the chrismas tree...

Looking forward to DaveĀ“s review/teardown (if he will make one).   :popcorn:

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 02:27:56 pm »
Hello everybody, we just released a video about the new DG1022Z.

https://youtu.be/PbcDsVeIUr4
Technical Support

The following users thanked this post: carlob

Offline carlob

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:36:11 am »
Great video Simone!
Do you maybe have some news about DP711 in action video? Thanks! :)

Offline MarkF

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:13 am »
I'm interested in the DP711 as well. I started a new topic for it. 
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/new-rigol-power-supply-(dp711)/

Offline I4E

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 03:10:56 am »
 You can choose an additional option  to get 16M if you like.    As I think was mentioned above it's also built with SiFi technology .   Adjustable sample rate and low jitter down to 200ps for all waveforms.

Joy Torres
Instruments 4 Engineers
info@instruments4engineers.com

www.instruments4engineers.com

Authorized Rigol Distributor in UK and Ireland.

More info on Rigol DG1022Z    here:    https://www.instruments4engineers.com/rigol-dg1022z-arbitrary-waveform-generator
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 05:08:34 am by I4E »

Offline sainter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 11:11:33 am »
I have a question about AWG in general and about DG1022Z, can you use AWG to simulate digital data. For example, I would capture an error i2c packet and want to check what happens when my system receives it. I can transmit that packet to awg, and transmit it to the test system. As far as I understand, you can use burst to periodically  transmit it, and two channel allows  to have an clock signal, so you can transmit both serial and i2c (and maybe SPI, with trigger out as CS).

Does this make sense, or I misunderstanding something in this ?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 11:23:08 am »
I have a question about AWG in general and about DG1022Z, can you use AWG to simulate digital data. For example, I would capture an error i2c packet and want to check what happens when my system receives it. I can transmit that packet to awg, and transmit it to the test system. As far as I understand, you can use burst to periodically  transmit it, and two channel allows  to have an clock signal, so you can transmit both serial and i2c (and maybe SPI, with trigger out as CS).

Hello Sainter, this is something you can do with IKALOGIC http://www.batterfly.com/shop/ikalogic
ScanaQuad (SQ) is a series of high performance 4 channels logic analyzers and digital pattern generators. They are designed to be your best companion when working on serial protocols like UART, SPI, I2C, 1-Wire, USB, I2S, CAN, LIN, RS232, RS485, and more. With ScanaQuad Logic Analyzers, you can capture signals, you can play them back, and you can even build genuine test signals and generate them!
Being able to capture and generate logic patterns simultaneously with the same tool, is extremely useful when debugging Logic signals, and it only comes with ScanaQuad.

We will also reply to your tech question about DG1022Z soon, thanks.
Technical Support

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 12:26:47 pm »

Hello again, here is what can be done:
yes it is possible but Rigol has no specific software to generate an i2c signal for tests. You need to generate it yourself (e.g. via Matlab or LabView).

Do you own a Rigol oscilloscope? If yes, I recommend an interseamless connection via an oscilloscope.

1st possibility
E.g. the clean i2c signal can be displayed on channel 1 of the oscilloscope. Via the inter seamless connection it is possible to load the displayed signal into the generator.

2nd possibility:
With Rigol oscilloscope it is possible to download the displayed signal (e.g. an i2c signal) to the computer and generate a *.CSV file. This file can be loaded to Rigol software ULTRA STATION. An additional noise can be added to this signal and can be downloaded to the DG1000Z generator.

So the best would be to use a DS1000Z together with the waveform generator.

Hope it helps, ciao!
Technical Support

Offline sainter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 01:40:51 pm »
Yes, your confirmed what I thought is possible. I would want to to this exactly like that, capture packet with ds1054z, then transfer the signal to dg1022z and "play" it back to test.

Thank you for a good advice about IKALOGIC , will read more about them. But for now, I have a limited buying capabilities, so the more I can do with less, the better. DG1022z is going to the shopping list :)

BTW, as I posted in other thread, I pays of to stick with same manufacturer, because of different test equipment integration, like direct waveform transfer from scope to AWG.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 01:49:56 pm »
Yes, your confirmed what I thought is possible. I would want to to this exactly like that, capture packet with ds1054z, then transfer the signal to dg1022z and "play" it back to test.

Thank you for a good advice about IKALOGIC , will read more about them. But for now, I have a limited buying capabilities, so the more I can do with less, the better. DG1022z is going to the shopping list :)

BTW, as I posted in other thread, I pays of to stick with same manufacturer, because of different test equipment integration, like direct waveform transfer from scope to AWG.

happy to help, I sent you a PM
Technical Support

Offline conducteur

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2017, 07:38:25 pm »
I'm wondering if i can use an/this arbitrary waveform generator to generate simple digital test patterns?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf