Author Topic: Pricing on Agilent DSO3202A  (Read 2152 times)

Offline denlylanceTopic starter

Pricing on Agilent DSO3202A
« on: January 18, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
This is my 1st post on the forum.  I am a Journeyman inside wireman electrician and the last year or so I have been getting more into electronics. My question regarding the oscilloscope in the subject is this - A school has one of these for sale and was wondering what you guys would pay for a working unit.  Don't have any info on calibration dates so let's assume it hasn't been ever or a long time.  From looking around on the web, it looks like these things can bring around the same money as a new Rigol 1102E or 1054Z.  Am I wrong on this?  I currently have a Tektronics 2215A and have no plans on getting rid of it.  Thanks for your time.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Pricing on Agilent DSO3202A
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 05:23:05 pm »
I'd check on Ebay and tick the box next to 'sold items' to get an idea of what prices a piece of equipment actually sells for (=what it is really worth).
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 05:28:59 pm »
Ya, it came up with 0 sold for that exact model. A couple of 3102A's sold for 195 and 295.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 06:01:33 pm »
I've looked up the specs but they are very poor compared to new DSOs you can buy for around $350 to $400. The DSO3202A may even be a rebadged Rigol entry level scope. Anything over $50 is a waste of money IMHO. There are also many Rigol en GW Instek scopes for sale on Ebay right now due to a bankcrupty sale a couple of weeks ago. You might be able to score a very nice DSO for little money if you have the patience to scoop up a good deal. More equipment is going to be sold shortly so the market is likely to stay saturated for a while.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 06:04:56 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 06:06:41 pm »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I will see what the school one goes for.  If it goes super cheap I'll probably grab it, but otherwise I think I'll go with a new one.  Also, thanks for the heads up on the bankruptcy.  I was not aware of it.  Thanks again.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 01:57:48 am »
Thanks for the quick reply.  I guess I will see what the school one goes for.  If it goes super cheap I'll probably grab it, but otherwise I think I'll go with a new one.  Also, thanks for the heads up on the bankruptcy.  I was not aware of it.  Thanks again.

So, the used school scopes were used by ... students!  It would have to be dirt cheap before I would even consider buying one.

There are some good buys on eBay but the problem is, it's hard to figure out which ones.  If I were buying used from eBay, I would want one of the reconditioned and calibrated scopes.  Something coming from a company that deals in used measurement equipment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf