Author Topic: New Rigol DP832 doa?  (Read 2144 times)

Offline mitchtyTopic starter

• User info not found, replace user and try again.
New Rigol DP832 doa?
« on: December 31, 2017, 03:37:32 am »
So I just got myself one of those Rigol bench power supplies to upgrade me beyond my kit built power supply. But it appears a bit DOA or at least not entirely alive, more zombie on arrival maybe.

I double checked that I've selected my right voltage at 115, the fuse is definitely in place and the right fuse for 115 as well according to the manual, and isn't blown. But this is all I get out of it, I left it on for an hour and got some taquitos in case it was just me being impatient and also because I was hungry, but this is all it does outside of look like something out of star wars with the fancy fins. I pressed pretty much every button, and nothing appears to be coming out of any channels either, so I'm assuming the lack of the display means kablamo.

Did I manage to acquire a $500 fancy green light and fan paperweight? I'm thinking I should release this one back to the the wild, its not fully formed yet.

Video of the situation:
https://mitchty.net/misc/dp832.m4a

Offline cncjerry

• Supporter
Re: New Rigol DP832 doa?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 03:54:28 am »
looks like you have green panel lights with no display?  Can't tell for sure on the video but it looks like the display is dead at a minimum.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 03:58:27 am »
Have you considered, oh, asking the seller to replace it as it's faulty?

Offline SkyMaster

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 03:59:02 am »
I do not have experience with the DP832, but the first Rigol DS1054Z that I received kept freezing/crashing.

Hopefully you bought your DP832 from a professional seller that will exchange it at no additional cost to you.

:)

Offline Pinkus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 11:43:23 am »
$500 is about the price for a new DP832 so I assume you purchased it as a new item.
Just send it back for a replacement.
Only if the seller gives you a written OK, you may remove the warranty seal and open it to check for a connector which might became loose during shipping. There is nothing more you can do.

Offline mitchtyTopic starter

• User info not found, replace user and try again.
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 03:26:36 pm »
Yep purchased new, this is basically out of the box. And also yes the display does nothing. Figured I'd ask in here while I wait on the response in case there was anything facepalm obvious that I missed.

Online 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 03:59:38 pm »
Yep purchased new, this is basically out of the box. And also yes the display does nothing. Figured I'd ask in here while I wait on the response in case there was anything facepalm obvious that I missed.

Nope, it's dead, return it...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf