Author Topic: New to me Hitachi V-650F Oscilloscope, link to manual inside.  (Read 4782 times)

Offline UnsatisfactoryResultTopic starter

I got this for about $25, just arrived today. No pics yet, but it's clean enough. Powered it up, shows a trace, all buttons and switches accounted for. The switches will need a cleaning as some were a bit finicky. Prior to getting this I was trying to track down a manual for it online, but the closest thing I could find was the service manual for the V-1050F. Well this came with the user manual in very nice shape. It's not a huge manual at all, but it does have schematics. I don't have any pics of the machine, because I spent the day scanning the manual when I wasn't putting together our new patio furniture. It's a big file, pages were scanned at 2500x1600, and schematics at 5000x3200.

Link to the manual on my Google drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_7JqBK1MAV1SnBJTlpEemdDRDA/view?usp=sharing

I'll post some pics of the machine in the next few days when I pull it apart.

Edit: Shrunk the bloat a bit on the manual, and darkened it up for easier reading.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 04:19:39 am by UnsatisfactoryResult »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: New to me Hitachi V-650F Oscilloscope, link to manual inside.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 03:33:16 am »
Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for sharing the manual.  :-+
Might I suggest you upload it to one of the manual repositories, you'll find a good selection in the first thread in the Repair board.  ;)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

The following users thanked this post: Russfer

Offline Russfer

Re: New to me Hitachi V-650F Oscilloscope, link to manual inside.
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 04:16:09 am »
Hey, you did better than I. I paid $100.00 including shipping from New Mexico to Utah. I made a few minor mechanical repairs but heard a suspicious rattling sound made by a blue and white wire tied with a small cap and small and large ground lugs that seem to tie them together. I guess I'll have to go over the schematics carefully to see if I can find where they should be attached. Looks like they come from the trace rotation pot but I can't be sure. Anyway I hope to use this scope for the building of an electron microscope and need it to be working well. Again, thanks for your reply.  Funny where you find friends, isn't it?

Russ Ferguson (AKA Russfer)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf