Author Topic: Scope with automatic voltage / level not the time base  (Read 1868 times)

Online coromonadalixTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Scope with automatic voltage / level not the time base
« on: July 07, 2015, 03:23:22 am »
hello   does some one know such a scope with this function, where i work i need to constantly adjust the voltage level ...  not the auto setup function and on some tested HP models they are slow as hell, since they try to sync everything before displaying the wave form.

Since i want to buy a new scope   i am searching a minimum of 100mhz bandwith     old or new hp/agilent, Uni-T, Rigol  etc...If you have suggestions   thks

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: Scope with automatic voltage / level not the time base
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:18 am »
I guess you could write a program that would adjust the scope for you using the SCPI commands.

Not a terribly hard task but not really easy if you don't know where to start.

Just for reference here is the programming guide for the Rigol DS2000 series

http://www.tequipment.net/assets/1/26/Documents/Rigol/DS2072/ds2072_doc_5.pdf

Edit: I think there are a couple of new commands added on later updates, but just to get the gist of what you can read/set remotely.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 03:34:52 am by miguelvp »

Offline kwass

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 06:22:17 am »
hello   does some one know such a scope with this function, where i work i need to constantly adjust the voltage level ...  not the auto setup function and on some tested HP models they are slow as hell, since they try to sync everything before displaying the wave form.

Since i want to buy a new scope   i am searching a minimum of 100mhz bandwith     old or new hp/agilent, Uni-T, Rigol  etc...If you have suggestions   thks

The Tek TDS1000 and TDS2000 series scopes have signal auto-ranging which is exactly what you're looking for (I think).   The TDS2000 is still being sold and you can find the TDS1000 scopes too new on ebay.  They don't state how fast the auto ranging function is, perhaps someone here has used one and can comment on it.  They're all very limited in memory depth and are missing a lot of modern features.  The high end 1000 and the 2000 series are 100MHz or greater.

Here's more of a description: http://www.tek.com/manual-topic/autorange-0

Brand new on ebay for $800:  http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEKTRONIX-TDS1012C-EDU-100MHZ-2-CH-1-GS-s-DIGITAL-STORAGE-OSCILLOSCOPE-BRAND-NEW-/321205069705?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac9506789

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 06:35:52 am by kwass »
-katie

Online coromonadalixTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 09:30:56 pm »
Ok thks    the tds 1002B  seem's to have it,  there's an auto range button near the top right of the screen  with a dial ....    i'll check if a similar model in the 100mhz range exist ...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf